Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Recalls and TSBs

1234568»

Comments

• rmncoknmermncoknme Posts: 18
    I have had two cars that made a noise like this. Both needed new sway bar link(s). Just replaced one on my wife's Escape, problem solved. The OEM had only plastic to surround the ball on either end. Replaced with a MOOG unit, holy cow like a bomb shelter with grease fittings and all. BTW, if you grab the link at either end and try to move it, if it's bad, it will allow wiggle.
  • destrianadestriana Posts: 8
    Yes, I have a 2001 Ford Focus SE and the check engine light was on for almost 5 months...I changed the gas cap, did not make a difference light still stayed on....Went to the local Ford dealership, they found nothing wrong...said "they were puzzled!"....Then had the battery changed 3 weeks ago....Light is gone now....Yea!!!!!!
  • hello i'm a ford master tech . my dads focus check engine light came on while he was visiting . retreived code po171 . bank 1 sys lean, did normal test for vacumm leaks ,fuel pressure . found nothing normally wrong . after extensive diagnosis
    found pcv valve bad. this is on a 2001 focus spi motor, pcv located right upper corner of valve cover . this may fix your problem. dealer only part. vbut not really expensive. disconnect battery to reset keep alive memory,
  • conanhconanh Posts: 5
    I had this problem 5 years ago. I replaced the brake shoes and it was still squealing to I replace them again and had the drums turned and the squealing has never come back.
  • I replaced the PCV valve and it fix the problem. Iwant to thank you for the information.
  • I purchased my 06 Focus used. In the past 1 1/2 I have owned it I have had to replace the transmission, fly wheel and just recently the starter. Luckily the transmission and fly wheel were covered by the warranty. I have had a squeak in the rear passenger side since I have owned it. Does anyone know what it could be? I think it may be a strut that was not lubricated correctly, but that is just a guess. Thanks for any info or suggestions.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    My son is getting a free fuel pump installed on his 2001 Focus, under their 10 year extended coverage program for this part. While we can not really complain, given the age of the car, what is covered under Ford's fuel pump pseudo-recall/extended warranty seems kind of questionable.

Ford states that the problem is that the fuel pump can eventually cause the fuel filter to clog. The clogged filter then causes "driveability" problems. Yet they only pay for the pump, they do not pay for the fuel filter that the faulty pump clogged up. They also only replace the pump after the driveability problems start occurring.

Again, not really going to complain, as paying $60 for a new fuel filter (plus paying for a tow) and getting a new fuel pump on a 9 year old car does not seem to be too bad a deal.
  • dvc1492sdvc1492s Posts: 13
    I heard a horrible clunking sound coming from the front wheel well this morning. The noise definately sounded like a vibration coming from the spring over the strut. Upon further inspection, the coil was cracked near the top of the spring causing the strut to sit to close to the frame, and hence rubbed when turning the steering wheel.

I checked at Ford.com for a recall posted as a TSB but could not find one. However, my local ford dealer said that there is a 10 year, 100,000 mile extended warrenty on the spring and they would replace both of them for free. Its a (3) hour job which I scheduled for the coming week. I will post back when its complete and seems to be fixed and if there is any other information that I find out.
  • markus5markus5 Posts: 102
    Interesting, is there a place were we can find out more of these" hidden warranties ". As we know the earlier model years had some problems. Did any of these extended warranties apply to the 04 model ?
  • MY DAUGHTER WAS DRIVING HER 2001 FOCUS 168,000KM TO EDMONTON FROM CALGARY.SHE HAD THE CRUISE SET AT 120 KM WHEN SHE STOPPED IN RED DEER FOR A COFFEE{ABOUT 150 KM}. WHEN SHE GOT BACK ON THE ROAD THE CRUISE WOULD NOT ENGAGE-THE LIGHT CAME ON, THEN WENT OUT.SHE CONTINUED TO EDMONTON(ABOUT 150 KM} WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE OR CRUISE. WHEN SHE WAS DRIVING BACK TO CALGARY THE NEXT DAY WHEN AFTER 180 KM THE CRUISE CONTROL "KICKED" IN AND WENT UP TO 120 KM-SHE STEPPED ON THE BRAKE AND THE CAR SLOWED DOWN TO 110, THEN CLIMBED BACK YO 120-THE CRUISE WOULD NOT DISENGAGE- SHE FINALY PUT THE VEHICLE IN N AND SHUT OF THE ENGINE- SHE WAS SO SCARED SHE WOULDN'T DRIVE IT FURTHER-I HAD TO GO GET HER. WHILE DRIVING THE CAR BACK IT PREFORMED GREAT EXCEPT THE CRUISE WOULDN'T ENGAGE--ANYONE ELSE HEARD OF THIS- I HAVEN'T AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD THAT STEPPING ON THE BRAKE "KILLS" THE CRUISE.
  • MY LAST POST I THOUGHT THAT THE CRUISE CONTROL MAY HAVE BEEN ACTING UP-HOWEVER I GOT THE UNIT DIS ENGAGED TODAY AND TONIGHT THE VEHICLE WOULD NOT SLOW DOWN AGAIN-IS THERE A POSSIBLITY THAT THE THROTTL CABLE IS STICKING,ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. 2001 FORD FOCUS-160,000 KM
  • e3110e3110 Posts: 1
    Thanks for that info. I've been having the same problem with my Focus. I called the Ford dealership and mine is under warrenty too!
  • crunching grind noise in front end when steering and continuous drumming..(sounds like fingers drumming... )steady when in drive...8x in shop..they changed struts, control arms, links, removed plastic...still to no avail...they claim to have checked bearings, cv joints...help..anyone..gonna trade the lemon in...pfttt!!
  • I have a 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE that had a noise in the rear area. I thought it was in the suspension but took it to a Ford dealer here in Springfield, Illinois and found out that it was a problem with the rear arm assembly. They replaced the real arm assembly and the noise was solved. Maybe this is somthing you need to check out with your 2006 Ford Focus. Hope it helps!
  • Has anyone had the vent switch on the HVAC unit stuck in one position. The switch is stuck on the upper vent setting and will move to floor or demister position. If so, what was the issue and fix? Is there a TSB for this problem? Thanks.
  • Its the bacing plate hitting the drum. i have the same noise and found out that was the problem just take a pry bar and ease it off.
1234568»