Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Odyssey vs 2013 Sienna vs 2013 Town And Country

13»

Comments

• marine2marine2 Posts: 1,155
    Chrysler has had a few problems down through the years, but I am so impressed at how they have upgraded almost everything on this 2011-2013 model. The fit and finish, inside and out is outstanding. There is no comparison to the looks of the 2013 Chrysler TC and my old 2005 Dodge GC. The wood grain look on dash and doors looks so real. I finish that look off by buying a wood grain kit to go around the video screen, A/C and heater controls, shifter, door switches, glove box handle and air vents. It really looks sharp. The T/C takes no back seat to Honda, Toyota or Nissan. If your thinking of adding anything to your T/C, I highly recommend the wood grain kit. It covers all the black and looks just like the wood grain Chrysler puts on the T/C.
  • I talked to a sales rep here at a local chrysler dealer and was told the Town & Country is the Bread And Butter of the company And has not heard about any changes in the near future. Although he said He will Not say it cant happen that is just the nature of the buisness. It was encourging to hear of the Bumper to Bumper coverage up to 100000 miles nothing to sneeze at :)
  • i myself is the proud owner of a 2011 T/C ....it has the same engine,exterior and interior looks as with the 2012 to 2014 models but Chrysler added more luxurious features in their latest models...my T/C now has a mileage reading of 56,000 kms(35,000 miles)driven for more than 2 years now but still everything seems very good with the van.....you noticed that Edmunds.com gave a low grade to T/C compared to Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna but try to visit www.carconnections.com and you will see that the Town and Country was well ahead in comparison to both Odyssey and Sienna....by comparison i think the people that comprises carconnections.com are more reliable and experienced than those in Edmunds.com....you can even check their bio's in their website (carconnections.com is under the hood of High Gear Media-their parent company)---as for Edmunds.com you don't know who gave the review... the review is not transparent....
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Posts: 303
    I have an 05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with 122k miles on it that has been nothing but flawless and just purchased a 2011 T/C Limited with 27k miles and expect it to be the same. Both of these vans are better than either Honda or Toyota in my book.
  • Hi JIMBOY2 thanks again for the info on the T/C I still have 1 plus years warrenty on my transmission so I will drive my 03 honda at least that long but I will keep looking for future posts thanks again to everybody for giving me the Real Story
  • tknxtknx Posts: 1
    Planning on buying a Limited and thinking about using a broker. There are a couple around here that are 2011s/2012s for ~34k around here and I just don't have the time to go and negotiate down...
  • jimboy2jimboy2 Posts: 12
    you don't need a broker....just go to the dealer and negotiate it yourself.but before you do that, try searching the internet...i presumed model 2012 has more features than 2011 models...to give you some inputs ,i bought my own 2011 T/C touring in the same year for $30,000 at 2.99% interest rate payable for 7 years which i think a good deal
  • When looking at a Toyota or Chrysler vs. Honda, please be advised of the oil consumption issue that has led to a class action suit in October 2013 with details at http://settlement-claims.com/enginemisfire/. I have a 2010 Odyssey that consumed 3.85 quarts of oil through the dealership’s oil consumption test. Honda did a computer upgrade, but it still consumed 1.5 quarts in less than 4,000 miles. The official word from Honda was relayed to me 11/4/13 by a service manager at Classic Honda in Streetsboro, Ohio: Honda does not feel my issue warrants repairs at this time even though it has 53K miles and is still covered by the power train warranty. In other words, they indirectly told me to buy oil in bulk and deal with the issue myself. This settlement will reimburse customers for previous expenses and extend the power train warranty to 8 years, but they do not seem willing to actually fix the problem for me. Bottom line, this settlement proves to me that Honda was well aware of the issue with the 6 cylinder VCM engines for a long time, and now they do not feel the need to stand behind the product they sold me or those sold to others. I wish I had bought the Toyota or Chrysler. Buyers beware!
  • marine2marine2 Posts: 1,155
    Chrysler Pentastar V-6 Engine Repeats With "Ten Best Engines ...
    www.theautochannel.com/news/2011/12/09/017829-chrysler... Cached
    Pentastar 3.6-liter V-6 cited for exceptional fuel economy, emissions and power Chrysler's Pentastar engine once again recognized by the editors of Ward's Automotive ...
  • .....that's what i'm telling all the time that when one chooses a vehicle you don't choose it because of the good looks like comparing a Honda Odyssey vs.Toyota Sienna vs. Chrysler Town and Country but choose it based on actual owners reviews after one or two years of owning it and actually driving it UNLIKE what some automotive review organizations were doing...i think the only reliable review i can follow is from carconnections.com.....
13»