Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Terrain with 60,000 miles hesitates when shifting and rpms go wild.

chazmchazm Member Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in GMC
i recently bought a 2010 terrain with 60000 miles and had it back to the dealer with in 3weeks with timing belt tension belt hydrolic fuel pump leaking gas into the oil pan and acouple other things. i now notice that the car hesitates while shifting at all speeds. last night while entering the freeway the rpms went wild and with my foot to the floor i finally got to freeway speed in abiut a mile after a huge lunge from the car. any ideas?

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    chazm,
    Is your dealership a GM dealership? Let us know if you would like for us to check into anything for you. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • bigbbrianbigbbrian Member Posts: 1
    Last week my 2010 Terrain, 4 cylinder blew its transmission. It went on the road Oct 9 2009 and had 152 948 Kms on it. So over the 5 years but under the 160 000 Km mark. I got the car at just over 100,000 Kms (Had a Traverse that I bought new that gave me nothing but problems. At 100 000 kms I swapped cars thinking the Terrain would be less of a mechanical nightmare). Between last week and taking over the vehicle I had about $600.00 worth of repairs, not including a battery replacement. Not sure if that is good or bad over about 2 years. Anyways, a kicker is that when this transmission went I dug deeper into the history of the car and found that several times they had worked on the computer AND at 51,888 Kms they put a brand new transmission in, meaning that a second transmission lasted only 101,060 Kms. I also discovered that at 23,000 Kms the battery had been replaced. 23,000 Kms is practically a brand new car. The real kicker is that GM was not interested in helping. I don’t buy into the “you got a lemon” theory. Controls are very rigid these days and would not allow that. All future buyers should be aware. A better dealer could have helped more BUT with an engine they have all ready flagged as having a potential problem (oil burning) and multiple transmissions going you have the potential of risking a lot of capital on a vehicle that will not be reliable.
  • dedalus10dedalus10 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2010 GMC Terrain and it is a real lemon, I call it California car, not made for Canadian winters that's for sure.  Every winter since bought new we go through at least 3 or more power steering lines or transmission lines.  The power windows will not go up on the cold once down.  So no window usage in the winter.  I've changed stabilizer links 4 times, two power steering pumps, a shift stick, painted numerous parts of the vehicle due to paint falling off. Now I have a seatbelt mount that broke off when trying to change the seat belt that my dog had chewed. Using a 3/8 ratchet and trying to loosen the bolt the 3 beads of weld broke of from under the vehicle.  This car was a Manitoba car with very little salt exposure and only 54000 Kms. The lack of mileage is mostly due to being in the shop and not trusting it on the highway as I always get warning every time we highway drive it for the awd system failing. And yes it has always been serviced at all dealership up until now.  I can't wait to get rid of this piece of junk and get a real vehicle.  Buyer beware
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    Do you have photo's of the seat belt bolt anchor and how it is broken loose?
    No I don't but I can take some
    Couple little spot welds hold this in place