Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• jimd2jimd2 Posts: 3
    Dear Kentuck,

You shouldn't even consider welding a hitch to a Sienna van. I went to Etrailers and bought an excellent hitch specifically for my '04 Sienna for $145.00 plus shipping. I had it installed in about a half hour at my service station. It is made of round steel tubing, has a 2" receiver, black finish and is a cut above all other hitches I have ever had. I bought it specifically to use my Yakima 4 trailer bicycle rack. It works perfect. They also sell the wiring kit which I installed myself.
    Jim
  • ednovakednovak Posts: 55
    I've had my new XLE 2005 Sienna for less than a week and so far I love it!! But the rear park assist (Parking Pilot) beeps over and over (both short and continous tones) whenever I am backing up. I checked to make sure that the sensors are clean, and they are. I even tested it in an empty parking lot and it beeps. I ran into another mom who has this problem with hers, so she keeps it turned off all the time. Is there something wrong with ours, or is this just the way it works for everyone? Thanks.
    You definitely have a problem. Mine has worked flawlessly since day one, no false warnings and my wife loves it. Time for a trip to your dealer..
    Ed
  • sas24sas24 Posts: 1
    I installed the 2" (i don't think there are any other options) on our '05 Sienna LE in June. The installation is VERY simple - I bolted on. I only use it for a 4-bike carrier so it does seem a bit excessive and a bit odd that there is no smaller option. Also, it WILL scrape the ground backing out or pulling into a steep driveway, parking lot etc. Would welding give an inch or more of clearance? If so, I would do it. I have only seen one other '05 on the road with a hitch (I look in the driver's side mirror whenever a Sienna passes) and it looked like the ground clearance was the same as mine. It's frustrating that such a great vehicle in all other areas doesn't have enough ground clearance for something most families would want. Especially considering the clearance on the previous models is much higher.

If you find the welding DOES give you more clearance, I'd appreciate you letting me know. Good luck.
  • otis1otis1 Posts: 142
    To watch a DVD while stopped, load and start the DVD in the rear player, then press the DISK button until the DVD is displayed (it will cycle between the front CD player and the rear DVD player). I tried it when I first got the van and it worked fine. Haven't used the DVD since (no munchkins in the family).

I tried this and couldn't get the movie to play in the front NAV screen. when I "cycled" through, that just determined what was being played on the speakers. I"m not interested in seeing the movie when I'm driving, just when the car is in park. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • You need to make sure that the vehicle is in Park and that you have engaged the parking brake. I do this fairly frequently (let my wife go into a store and I'll watch a movie with the kids). If you have it set to DVD while driving, you'll hear just the audio...if you then stop, you might have to cycle thru the inputs back to DVD to see the video again.
  • navguy1navguy1 Posts: 181
    A factory navigation system cannot be added to your vehicle. OEM Value.com does offer some units that may or may not be compatible with your vehicle. The main challange is that it mus integrate with your factory amplifier.

However, I would suggest looking at the Eclipse or Kenwood aftermarket double-din units. You will find that the operating system is very similiar to the factory navigation system from Toyota! ;)
  • Can anyone tell me the code (if there is one) the dealer can use to order the Sienna AWD optional spare tire installation kit? It goes in behind the driver side third seat. It was also available in 2005, as well as now, 2006 . The new 2006 "Short" owners manuals tagged to the gear selector shows the pictures and gives the instructions for accessing both the FWD (under the vehicle) and the AWD (behind the seat) spares. Sales people seem to be in the dark about its existence, a sales manager says it does not exist.
  • jurryjurry Posts: 3
    Dealer offered me 2006 Sienna Limited with dealer installed Eclipse navigation package vs Toyota GPS navigation package. What's the difference between these systems
  • Has anyone purchased/installed aftermarket backup sensors for a 2006 Sienna? If so, can you advise where they were purchased? How installed?

Thanks.

Pete
  • Happy New Year Everyone:

I have a 2005 LE. I am looking for the wood trim panels, not the over-layers. Are the available? Also, looking for fog lights. I don't want to order from a dealership haha.

thanks for any help
  • heywood1heywood1 Posts: 847
    OK. Here are all the Toyota part numbers required for the spire tire kit for AWD models. (Any dealer that tells you they don't exist is uninformed. These parts are sitting in my garage as I write this).

58410-AE010-EO (Platform Deck Cover - Taupe interior color)
    64778-08010 (Spare Wheel Protector)
    51900-45010 (Carrier Assembly)
    64777-32030 (Clamp)
    Firestone Temporary Spare Tire size T155/80-R17 mounted on steel rim (No Toyota part number marked).

Hope this helps.
  • jimmisjimmis Posts: 1
    That's amazing..........better acceleration, better gas mileage, increased horsepower......all from an air filter!
  • Heywood,
    I ordered this stuff back in December and am still waiting for the deck assembly in gray.

1.) How long did you have to wait?
    2.) What's the hockey puck for?

Also, the local tire dealer tried to take advantage of me on the spare tire. I got it from the TireRack.com in two days, for less than my local tire shop tried to convince me HIS price was.
  • I am considering purchase of the Pioneer AirWare XM2GO portable XM satellite radio and installation into my '06 Sienna Limited. The radio installer suggests the Pro Fit adapter (http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Legend/) be placed immediately to the right of the center console vent on the passenger side. My concern is the airbag system for the passenger side - I don't want to compromise the airbag operation by placing something protruding out near it. It is my understanding that the entire dash panel on the passenger side hinges up with explosion of the airbag. Is this correct, and should I be concerned about the bracket at the left periphery of the dash panel and deployed bag? The owner's manual is not clear on how deployment occurs.

Has anyone installed one of these in any other location on a Sienna? The reason for considering such an installation was to get the antenna and power wires out-of-sight. It would use the existing stereo via the Limited's aux port just above the installation.
    I think it took about a week for my dealer to figure out the part numbers, and about another two weeks to actually get the parts. I was patient, because my dealer's regional rep agreed to give me these items at no cost.

I'll have to check on the hockey puck. Right now, my run-flat snow tires are on the van, so I'm not using the spare kit.
  • juliagjuliag Posts: 1
    I have been trying to locate an 06 Limited with DVD/Nav system to compare to a Odyssey Touring with DVD/Nav. So far, no luck in my area - Dallas/Fort Worth. Can anyone tell me: (1) does the cd changer behind the NAV system light up at night? (2) Are there rear audio controls for the stereo? (3) Is there a night-time mode for the NAV system (my husband's 2000 Lexus LS 400 has this); (4) Are there radio controls under the NAV screen so you can also change stations, etc. without using touch screen; and (5) is it possible to hook up satellite radio that will look "factory"?
  • ritz1ritz1 Posts: 2
    I bought Sony overhead 9" dvd. Whats the best place (and resonably priced) to get it instaled. Shall I go back to dealer or have one of the electronics store do it?

Circuit city quoted 169 for labor + parts.. and additional 76 for fm modulator installation.Is that resonable?
  • I apologize if this has been covered already. My head is swimming from reading message boards comparing Sienna and Odyssey.
    Living in NH, I've decided to go with the AWD Sienna because of the icy hills here. I will put on NON runflat Blizzak snow tires in winter and NON runflat regular tires the rest of the year.
    My question is: For those of you buying a "donut" mini spare tire, where do you store it? Is that what the kit is for that "Hypnosis" gave us parts numbers for? Where does it go? I don't want to put a spare on top of my car in a Yakima rack like some people are doing.
    Again, sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum, but would love to hear advice.
    The 'mini-spare' occupies the 60% space behind the third-row 60/40 seat. That portion of the third row seat cannot be stowed into the floor when the spare is on board.
  • I just Bought a 2006 Sienna XLE with interior wood trim panels on either side of of the dash console and on each front door arm rest. I am looking for the LE silver ones because my wife does not like wood trim. I would love to trade my wood ones to for the silver ones.
  • I have a 2006 sienna. I am thinking of putting running boards on it. THis van is quite a bit higher than my chrysler. Can anyone give me the pros/cons of doing this. I think it will be helpful for the kids but will it hinder my ability to get or out of the vehicle in the front seat?
  • can you change with wood trim on the steering wheel?
  • I want to install a trailer hitch on my 7-passenger 2005 Sienna. Bolting on the hitch is easy except that I have to temporarily move the exhaust pipe to do so. The exhaust pipe and the muffler are attached to the chassis by some complex rubber-and-metal gizmos that have no bolts or nuts and I can't see how to remove them.

How can I remove these mounts so that I can move the pipe and muffler temporarily out of the way?

Thanks in advance,
    Billy
  • On my Honda Pilot, I can look up an address and change the destination of the GPS while driving.

I recently drove in a Prius and if it was going more than 3 mph, I was locked out of any changes to the Nav system.

Does the 2006 Sienna let me make changes or does the car have to be sitting?
  • toyfan1toyfan1 Posts: 1
    from my experience toyota pre wires their accessories on their vehicles. my corolla even though it didn't come with fog lights does have all the wiring installed. what i did is check the model on the showroom with the foglight option and se where the switch is mounted,then check your toyota and there should be a blank in place of the switch.
    Net pull ther blank out and check for a wiring connector behind it, if you find one chances are it is pre-wired for fog lights.
  • navguynavguy Posts: 61
    Thankfully the 06MY Sienna allows you to input the address via voice recognition. Simply press the TALK button on the steering wheel and follow the voice prompts from the system. The system will ask for the state, city, street name and numerical address.... and boom.... your on your way.

Plus you can also make a telephone call via voice recognition too! Press the TALK button, say "DIAL BY NUMER", then the number in signle digits 8 8 8 5 5 5 1 2 1 2. The system will ask if the number is correct and then dial once you have confirmed! It's so cool! I love it! Be sure your cell phone is an approved device from LETSTALK.com. ;)
  • vp30vp30 Posts: 3
    Has anyone installed color keyed mud guards to Actic frost Sienna? What is opinion of buying color keyed versus standard black? On this color which type looks better?

Does the color keyed mud guards tend to chip off, which would make it look worse as time goes on?

Thanks,
  • Hi there, we just bought a 2005 Sienna that has a rear seat audio module... I'd like to remove that and retro-fit some other equipment into it. I notice when I flip-down the door (sunglasses holder??) that there are two screws into the roof, but removing them seem to let the console budge any more than with them in place.

Does anyone know how to remove this console properly?

thanks!
    ..dane
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Remember that original post was 3-1/2 years old. The 2004-2006 Sienna gets better gas mileage and has more power than the early, much smaller Siennas.
    Did Toyota change the air filter design in 2004?
  • vinijinvinijin Posts: 28
    Has anyone installed Camry V4 (or any other smaller engine) in Sienna. Is it possible ?