Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 with 800 Miles Leaking Like a Sieve

bigman55434bigman55434 Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Now that I traded in my highly problematic 2011 Sierra 1500 that I had fun bashing in the very long transmission thread, I got a new 2013 Sierra 1500. Of course the dealer was lazy and did not do the Pre Delivery Inspection AGAIN. They confirmed they did not do it. For the last 2-3 weeks, I have been seeing drips on my driveway and garage. I ignored them, thinking they were from the A/C unit condensation. Well, I took a closer look, and it's gear oil. And it's coming out more profusely now. I crawled under the truck, and low and behold the passenger side output shaft seal is leaking like a sieve. My truck had over 100 miles on it when I took delivery of it. Had the dealer bothered to do their damn job, they likely would have spotted this prior to delivery. Instead, they wasted my time AGAIN, and I am going to make an example out of them. Plus, the drivers door trim panel on the inside squeaks like hell. Where is the quality control, GM????

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    You owned a highly problematic 2011 Sierra 1500 and now a new 2013 Sierra 1500 and from the same negligent dealer?

What's wrong with this picture?
  • moparblue2moparblue2 Member Posts: 86
    Why would you buy from the same dealer? If they got over on you again. That is your fault. There are GM dealers every where. :confuse:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi bigman55434,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your Sierra and can understand your frustrations. I would like to research this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is [email protected] "Attn Crystal" in the subject header. Look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal L-GM Customer Care
  • bigman55434bigman55434 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2013
    Hey there moparblue2,

Sounds like you are trolling GM message boards for no reason. Go troll elsewhere. And FYI, GM built the damn vehicles, not my dealer. GM dealers are stuck abiding by GM's rules when it comes to warranty repairs. Of course, you knew that, since you're such a smart guy. Anyway, the dealer definitely bears some responsibility for not catching my latest issue during the PDI, which they did not do. After the dealer rolled out the red carpet for me on my latest service visit, they were quite embarrassed to tell me what the actual problem was. Yes, the output shaft seal was leaking. When the dealer removed the output shaft from the transfer case to the front diff, they noticed a ton of play at the transfer case. Upon closer inspection and disassembly, it appears that the idiots that built the transfer case LEFT OUT THE BEARING FOR THE OUTPUT SHAFT. Due to the massive amount of play, it took out the seals as well. Now they are in the process of replacing the transfer case housing, output shaft, seals, and who knows what other parts. WAY TO GO, GM!!!!! I can't wait to see all the details on the repair order when I get the truck back this week.
    Still waiting on the transfer case housing to be shipped from Uzbekistan, or whatever 3rd world country they are made. I emailed Sarah from GMC customer service as she asked me to do and....no reply. Par for the course with GMC customer service.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi bigman55434,

I am Crystal and I am working with Sarah. I am sorry to hear that you have not received your parts yet. Can you please resend your email. I have looked in the incoming emails and I do not see one from you. Please put "Attn Crystal" in the subject header. Look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal L- GM Customer Care
    Crystal, I just sent another email to [email protected]. I pick up the truck hopefully today. Parts came in yesterday.
    Look i did not mean to step on toes. I have had 2 Ford trucks 1 new. 1 Dodge truck new. 1 Nissan used. Now i own 2013 Silverado 1500 LT Texas E. 4 Door 4X4 5.3L 6 Speed Auto. So im not trolling. Sorry! :blush: What i meant take it to another deaier to get it fixed. I would not trust this dealer to fix anything. If they don't do the pre delervy checks. They get paid buy GM for that check up. I would contact GM the number is in the back of the owners manual. They owe you for your trobles.
    Well, just as I expected, GM customer service did nothing, other than offer some free oil changes. Big F-ing deal. Thanks, GM, and goodbye. My next truck will be from another manufacturer. And maybe when you dig around your axle manufacturing plant and find that axle bearing that belongs on my truck, you can keep it as a momento to another lost customer.
  • casillacasilla Member Posts: 20
    Yeah, hello? Anyone home?
  • casillacasilla Member Posts: 20
    I fought with them for 3 years! Over a pile of crap! The new 2014 models, just a fancier pile! I just dumped my 2010 Sierra and got a Ram!
  • jordan40jordan40 Member Posts: 109
    edited January 2014

@bigman55434 said:
    Hey there moparblue2,

Sounds like you are trolling GM message boards for no reason. Go troll elsewhere. And FYI, GM built the damn vehicles, not my dealer. GM dealers are stuck abiding by GM's rules when it comes to warranty repairs. Of course, you knew that, since you're such a smart guy. Anyway, the dealer definitely bears some responsibility for not catching my latest issue during the PDI, which they did not do. After the dealer rolled out the red carpet for me on my latest service visit, they were quite embarrassed to tell me what the actual problem was. Yes, the output shaft seal was leaking. When the dealer removed the output shaft from the transfer case to the front diff, they noticed a ton of play at the transfer case. Upon closer inspection and disassembly, it appears that the idiots that built the transfer case LEFT OUT THE BEARING FOR THE OUTPUT SHAFT. Due to the massive amount of play, it took out the seals as well. Now they are in the process of replacing the transfer case housing, output shaft, seals, and who knows what other parts. WAY TO GO, GM!!!!! I can't wait to see all the details on the repair order when I get the truck back this week.

This is true. Mopar dont belong in gm theads

They found the problem

Im glad that your truck is getting fixed. The only thing that has happened to my 2013 Chevy truck. Is the first oil change they put in 12 qts of oil. It only takes 6 qts. This happened at the local dealer ship Superior Chevy Conway AR. Yes I drove it like that. Had no idea of too much oil in engine. Tell I seen smoke ( a lot of smoke ) coming out tail pipe. Long story short GM told me I had Roadside if it breaks down. The truck smokes at startup only 7000 miles on it.

• jordan40jordan40 Member Posts: 109

good

• lugnuts3lugnuts3 Member Posts: 10
    These newer cars and trucks today are a joke,if we all could just go back to cars with just a motor under the hood,no sensors,no computers,no electronic BS.then wed be in alot better shape