Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edmunds Member Spotlight - Meet Imidazol97!

2»

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    All these years and I've never heard the magnet trick. Very cool.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• jmonroejmonroe Pittsburgh areaPosts: 5,540
    I stepped out for a while; even put my nose in another forum. So, I missed the word that you are now a BIG SHOT here at Edmunds. I don’t even want to think what your dues must be now. :cry:

Congrats for sticking around.

Your poster buddy,

jmonroe

'09 Genesis V8 and '12 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,038
    Thanks.

My dues are double what you are paying. Enjoy reading yours posts just like those of many other posters. Thanks for showing up in the Mechanic's forum. Roadburner beat me to the invite.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854
    You da man :shades:

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Hope you are doing well, imidazol97 :)

-Rocky
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,846
    hey Imidazol, thought I'd share a positive Buick story, to help offset, somewhat, the fact that my Park Ave hasn't exactly given me the warm fuzzies of late. Last week I went with a friend to look at houses, and his real estate agent had a 1999 LeSabre. We started talking cars, and he said that it had about 160,000 miles on it, and was running great!
    Had a sleepless night last night. Was playing with a new operating system until late and just figured it was the excitement (yeah, I'm easily amused).

Then I realized I had both monitors blaring and hadn't installed f.lux. After our "chat" the other day about waking up in the middle of the night I thought you might find the link interesting, even if you don't watch TV or play on a computer before bedtime. The take-away from the research page is "night-time exposure to blue light keeps people up late."

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Yes, I fiind that is very interesting. It's scientifically logical, as the Harvard Medical School link shows.

I had to laugh about your sleepless night because last night I woke at 3 am and had trouble getting back to sleep. ATN time on WLW700.

In past, I had gotten some bright white compact fluoresent bulb and used to read the books and mags. I had decided I felt tired and down in the dark days of January and February and using the sunlight substitute was a help in relieving SAD (seasonal affective disorder). I wonder if there's a correlation to sensitivity to the SAD and blue light exposure sensitivity at the wrong time giving sleep disturbance.
    f.lux installed.

It's adjustable for how much blue is taken away for evening simulation.
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, lots of tweaks. Naturally I went for the beta version LOL.

I was getting weirded out after 20 Alaska winters and probably should have done the SAD stuff. There was lots of debate back then whether it did any good or not.

Naturally a couple of years after we moved, my new doc found out my thyroid was out of whack. Thus the fatigue and winter blahs. But I was ready to quit shoveling anyway so the move was good (don't ask why I wound up moving over 200" of it this last winter, after not owning a shovel in Boise for a decade. Another move is in the long range plan. :shades: ).

Now that I think of it, I did have one of those pillow radios for a while back in the 90s - didn't know about trucker radio though. We just need to switch to polyphasic sleep. Electric light screwed that up.

There's always Feynmann's "lucid dreaming" technique, if you really want to mess up your sleep habits.

2»