Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Honda Civic A/C question

spock072spock072 Member Posts: 12
I have a 2008 Honda Civic LX 4 door sedan with about 115,000 miles. My problem is that when I am driving, the air conditioning doesnt work. Anyone know what can be the problem.?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    I'd guess the compressor is bad.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Could be a freon leak, too. Try turning on the A/C when you're idling. You can usually hear the compressor kick on if it's working. If you don't, then jipster's probably right. If you do, I'm guessing it's freon.

I'm assuming that the fan is running OK and that it's just not producing cold air.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ukyagrukyagr Member Posts: 1
    This is a common problem with Honda Civic (all models) ranging from around 2007 through 2012, regardless of mileage. It may affect the electrical system (possible ground fault) or the A/C compressor directly (possible road damage design flaw). In either case it may cause the compressor and/or blower fan to work intermittently or not at all. The Lin Law Firm is currently researching these issues (nothing formal yet). Please submit your situation to the link below, even if the description is not an exact fit to your example.

http://www.thelinlawfirm.com/honda-civic-ac-condenser-problems/
  • epresleyepresley Member Posts: 1

I had that problem.Turned out to be a fuse.

• trhondatrhonda Member Posts: 1

First thing I would do is re charge the system with Freon or the new replacement for it. It will cost you about 10 bucks. If that doesn't work, its the compressor.

• jvs1955jvs1955 Member Posts: 1

Which bad fuse was causing the AC problem in your Honda?