Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Celica GT-S

celicagtscelicagts Posts: 2
edited March 25 in Toyota
I am 16 and I am just test drove the celica GT-S and I liked it. I want to know hats a good price. its a CelicaGT-S , alloy wheels, as, sports roof, -shift , leather seats. what is a good price for this? the dealer wants $26,500.

Comments

• i am 16 and i am just test drove the celica GT-S and i liked it. i want to know whats a good price. its a CelicaGT-S , alloy wheels, abs, sports roof, E-shift , leather seats. what is a good price for this? the dealer wants $26,500.
  • To find out what other consumers are paying for this car in your area, check out our New TMV price. TMV stands for True Market Value and reflects actual transaction prices so you know what the car you want is currently selling for.
    Toyota Index. I am directing you to the index page because I don't know if you want to purchase a Automatic or manual transmission. Drill down to the vehicle you are interested in and then visit our pricing section. Hope this helps!
  • pocahontaspocahontas Posts: 802

Owner can compare notes..., and non-owners can see what it's like to live with this 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S with Edmunds.com's Long Term Road Test.

Happy Motoring. ;-)

Pocahontas

Host

Hatchbacks Message Board

• newslvrnewslvr Posts: 1
    Dealers seem to have no problem letting fully loaded automatic GT-S's go for 500 over invoice. I got such a deal on a silver GT-S, but went with another dealer and got a black one for around 250-300 over invoice. Total price OD was 25,100. Loaded with everything but side airbags.
  • cocoabrococoabro Posts: 1
    In response to celicagts's message, you can get a much better price than $26,500. I'm not sure where you live, but I've been able to haggle dealers to below 23 for a manual, which, by the way, should be the only option for this car. Check around, don't seem too anxious, and never rule out the internet as a buying option. Cars.com and Carsdirect.com are some good sources, and make sure you know everything from the car's invoice price to the cost of extras when negotiating. good luck.
  • andonniandonni Posts: 7
    anybody konws..which one is better...
    and... can you explain a little bit..if you realy know it..
    thanks
    Does anyone know a site for after market parts and MOD ideas for the 2001's?
  • 00gts00gts Posts: 42
    Check out http://www.phronline.com/celica-mod-list.htm . Probably the most comprehensive list of aftermarket parts out there, plus they have great prices.
  • mc1665mc1665 Posts: 2
    I bought my new Celica GTS in Feb 2000 and paid 23,700 for mine. I did some haggling but I got what I wanted though. I got the 16" alloy wheels, leather seats, sun roof, spoiler, side air bag, cargo net, and the alarm system. Since that was a year ago, I think you can do better than that now. Good luck in your car shopping.

Sorry for the spelling error
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    Good deals depend on where you live. Offer invoice and see what happens. Don't forget to add advertising, or they'll laugh you out of the showroom.
  • Bought my '01 GT-S in February and the liftback wouldn't stay up very well, frequently falling down, or not even staying up when raised. The dealer reluctantly installed new struts and it didn't help a bit!
    Yesterday I noticed that the lower RH strut bracket was installed backwards, placing the pivot point forward several inches! I took out the two bolts and swaped it end for end--problem solved! The liftback raises with a lot more zest, and stays up easily.
    So if your Celica has a sagging liftback check the lower strut brackets. Each one should be stamped either RH or LH, and these letters should be right-side up. There is also a slight depression in the narrow channel where the pivot point sits when installed correctly. I let the dealer know and they figred since the new struts didn't help then the factory installed the bracket incorrectly and the dealer's tech didn't catch it when he swaped out the struts. Good luck.
    Does anyone know where i can get the website
    about 1995-1999 Mits. Eclipse's part website
    like change the parts...???
    thank you....
  • boomn29boomn29 Posts: 189
    I bought my 2000 Celica GTS last July for $21,838. It has everything but side airbags and abs. The MSRP is under 25,000 for this car, so DON'T GET SCREWED. The invoice is somewhere in the range of $21k - at least where I live.
  • badtoybadtoy Posts: 368
    if that's what you prefer. Remember, you're the one who's going to be driving this thing!

I've driven both for weeks at a time, and I prefer the e-shift for everyday driving. You just have to use it awhile to discover how sweet it really is. In my opinion, the gear spacing on the 6-speed is atrocious. I've heard they're taking a close look at it for the next model year.
    Yes, Toyota is 'revising' the transmission for the next model year. I don't think it has been announced wheather they will fine tune the 6-speed, or go back to a more reliable 5-speed. Anyone know?
  • IF your going to buy a new car checkout Carsdirect.com. Their prices are the best I have seen. It's definetly worth a look!!!!
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    But they're a good benchmark to go against.
  • I'm going to purchase a gts within the next couple of weeks. I'm purchasing the automatic. Has anyone ever driven an auto GTS before? Is it powerful? Also I heard that at 6000rpms the engine really kicks in, how hard is it get the rpms that high. I guess you would have to use the sportshift feature to control the gears.
    I have a 6-speed GTS and it is a quick little car. Don't know anything about the sportshift. Does it allow you to redline?
    I would say a normal (gas-conservative) shift for the 6-speed would be a little over 3000 RPMS. This would put you in 6th around 60mph.
    There is a decent tourque point around 3800 RPMS and yes, the big one around 6500-6800 RPMS. I don't know if the sport shift will allow you to reach that or hold it though???
  • badtoybadtoy Posts: 368
    I've shifted the e-shift manually many times, and it will wind the engine close to redline.

The second cam kicks in around 6000 rpm, which is why you get a big boot in the back at that point. The only time you use it is when you're merging into traffic or racing, and it's good to have it when you need it. The rest of the time, it's nice not to have to change gears when the 6-speed tells you to. The e-shift is much more flexible and real-world friendly, in my opinion. And I wouldn't have thought I would be saying that, except that it's true. I learned to drive with a 4-speed, owned four Alfas, a Lotus and two Road Runners, and I love manual shifting. But the transmission and shifter in the GT-S is just not engineered well, in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.