Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Ranger Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Thanks for the reply. I feel like I need sway bars and new shocks after reading your response. Do you have any recommendations?
  • 2004 Ford Ranger purchased with no fog lights but would like to add factory lights, got the lights on e bay but do I need other hardware to install and where is the best place to run wire to the switch,
  • On my 2000 Ranger with 3.0 V6 the oil pressure gauge does not register until driven about a mile- plenty of oil in crankcase-no rapping sounds. I purchased a oil pressure sending unit-but can't locate the old one-anyone have an idea where it is? Thanks. DON CHEPURNA
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,413
    You mean surf a website like this and see if it gives you any ideas:

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/

• I am just writing to let people know about a fix I have done to my 2000 4.0L V6 Automatic Ranger. I have found out through some investigation about these engines being easily coated in carbon buildup. I do more city driving then highway so it is really bad. I have poor gas mileage about 280km/60Litres tank. I took my trunk into get an Induction Service and my Fuel Injectors commercial grade cleaned. My mileage is at about 340km/60Litres tank, and i have rid all knocking noises. I recomend cleaning the idle control solonoid, because it gets a lot of build up, which in returns makes a huge hi pitch humming noise. Just letting you guys know, just incase others are having this problem.
  • well my 93 is dong the sme stuff so i guess i should replace my shift motor also.
  • jefferygjefferyg Posts: 418
    Today I rolled up 240,000 miles on my 96 Ranger XL, 2.3L, 5-speed. It may die tomorrow, but for now the truck seems to be going strong. :)

Recently, I did notice a low-pitched whining noise on cold mornings before the truck has had time to warm up. I took it to a local mechanic who is a friend of mine. He suggested that with the number of miles the transmission oil probably needed to be changed. I had him change it and so far I haven't noticed the sound anymore.
  • Hi, having same 'ole bleed the clutch; noticed that the link was wrong, try:
    http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/bleedclutch.htm

Thanks for the help!!
  • Help I need someone to tell me how to fix my 93 Ranger it doesn't fire. I checked the ignition module and it is OK I can't fine the crankshaft sensor to check it the book said it was by the crankshaft pully but i can't find it or the wires to it. If someone can help I sure would be gratful
  • The bad, clunky noise I am speaking of is very specific. It only, and almost always, happens when I am in 4 wheel drive, and switch from reverse to drive. So I back the truck up, come to a stop, put it in drive, and there is a terrible, metalic thump that seems to be coming from the front end when I start to move the truck forward. The first time it happened, I freaked out and crawled around under the front end, but everything seems to be in place. Anyone have any ideas of what this might be?
  • hi there does any one know what ball joints will fit this FORD RANGER 1998-2002 DJM CALMAX UPPER CONTROL ARMS CA3098U.
    Has any one lowered there truck with 255/55/18 tires i want to lower the truck 4" in front and 5" in rear what should i do get new tires or will they work.
    thanks montyanger98
  • I know the 94 Ranger had a front sway bar with the same suspension as the 90. You should be able to find one in a junk yard for <$25. If you want a rear for that year you will have to go "aftermarket"

Good Luck

01goldranger :)
  • ngdngd Posts: 5
    Cannot find the horn. :cry: Not sure which fuse, (hopefully) it is. Anywhere to get a diagram or info on how to make the horn work? Where the horn is? Which fuse is what? Thanks
  • freytfreyt Posts: 1
    I don't know much cars/trucks. I was just quoted around $3000 by dealer to replace the transmission (with rebuilt transmission)on v6 98 ford ranger (Automatic). Is that good deal. I had around 20k Miles and he could not tell me why transmission went bad! I don't know if transmission need to be replace. I could not go in reverse so i had it towed to a dealer, Any advise suggestion? Thanks
  • My 2000 Ranger went out 3 weeks ago with only 34,000. My non-Ford mechanic said there were at least 5 service bulletins out on it. Poorly designed and it seems to happen fairly regularly at 40,000. We put in a non-factory transmission (automatic) because Ford apparently isn't fixing the design flaws so you will end up with the same problem a few years down the road! $3200 a week before Xmas-merry Christmas. My last Ford.
  • I have a 99 ranger xlt extended cab, 2wd, with the 4cyl 5spd. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what custom exhaust i should use, in regards to easy installation and quality. I have looked at Gibson's Dual split back exhaust, so far that seems to be the best. suggestions would be great thanks!
  • No Dodge means " over priced for what you get " or it's what you do when you see one in the mirror so that they do not hit you.
  • I have a 96 ranger 3.0 auto trans. The trans is broke, I want to install another automatic trans that came out of a 96 ranger 4.0. Will it fit? Help. Mark
  • :confuse: Can the doors on a 2003 Ranger SC Edge be programmed to autolock? If so, what is the procedure.
    Thanks
  • ngdngd Posts: 5
    Does anybody know where the horn is on a 94 ranger?