Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Owners-Meet the Members

123457»

Comments

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• jbariljbaril Posts: 27
    Hi, my name is John and I live in the Metro Denver area. I just bought a new '03 Jetta GLI, tornado red w/black leather, monsoon, sunroof, spoiler (which I generally hate), the whole shebang. I can't really tell you what I paid because I'm leasing it and I traded in a vehicle on which I was at least 10K upside down. Let's not get into my lack of entreprenurial skills, shall we? Anyway, I also own an '03 Passat GLS 1.8T 5spd wagon (Anthracite w/silver leather), and have owned an '01.5 Passat GLS V6 (mojave beige with cream cloth), '00 New Beetle GLS 5-spd (yellow/black leatherette), '01.5 Passat GLS 1.8T 5spd wagon (Reflex/black cloth), '96 Passat TDI wagon 5-spd (emerald/grey cloth--this was the best car!). I have a problem with getting bored w/cars but obviously I like VWs. It's my first Jetta--a great, FAST car. Although they're attractive, I'm not exactly keen on the 17 inch wheels and tires--bumpy city. I wonder what a logical 16 or 15 inch replacement tire/wheel would be that wouldn't mess up the speedometer, ESP, etc.?? Also, thinking of adding a dash kit (either carbon or aluminum)? Has anyone done this--does it look cheesy? Is it fairly easy to apply? Looking forward to catching up w/y'all. Thanks for any advice.

JOHN
  • badgrnbugbadgrnbug Posts: 1
    Hello everyone my name is Kenda and I am from the Reno area. I own a 2002 new beetle tdi gls I love it so much I have went to some shows with him.

Kenda
  • rconkinrconkin Posts: 5
    My son has a 72 squareback to drive next year when he turns 16. It has been kept in our garage for the last 10 years. It has less than 60,000 miles on it and was painted just before it was put up. Where can I find out what it is worth? He is thinking about selling it. It needs some minor work on the brakes and will be ready to drive.
  • vwbussmannvwbussmann Posts: 5
    Hi,my name is Dave,I live in Grand Junction Colrado.
    My wife Cassandra and I are proud owners of 12 VW's now!!
    We are always looking for more.. My 62 bus is slammed to the ground and is waiting for airbags!! The Safari windows are on the way and will be SHOW ready by next spring! While we wait on parts for the bus we are doing body work on my wifes 1960 euro bug with semaphore turn signals, it will be ready for paint before July. If you know of anyone looking for a camper bus we have 2 that we are willing to part with..a 1971 and a 1972 highroof. We are looking forward to visiting with all of you VW fans out there!!
    Dave :)
    My advice is to go on thesamba.com and look at all there ads, and get a general idea of what the squarebacks are going for. But I think its a great car for your son, and if he doesnt want it my wife would..
    Dave
    HI!
    I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who has owned many VW's!! counting the VW's I have sold we have had over 20, currently we own 3 bugs, 3 bay window busses, 1 split window bus, a ghia,and 2 type 3's.No newer Vw's all are aircooled.. My wife wants a new eurovan, so maybe oneday we will add a new VW to our collection!
    Dave :shades:
123457»
This discussion has been closed.