Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Owners-Meet the Members

Comments

• Thanks, Anakin,... I checked out VW Vortex and found that it wasn't a clear cut answer. I guess it's best to play it safe, by making sure I take it easy when I am approaching my destination.
  • I'm in NJ and got it from Jack Daniels in Fairlawn. Talk to Luis Fernandez and tell them Ali sent you. I've gien him 4 sales in 6 months. Great guy and pretty fair. Service there ain't great , and I know bout Gesinger, my cousin and I went there and it was pact, waited 20 minutes, finally the guy quoptes a lease for a loaded 2002 Silver Jetta GLS 1.8T for 380 a month for 36 months, and we got the same car for him at Jack for 320
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    I usually idle my turbo just to be safe. But I only do it if the car's going to sit either all day long (at work) or all night long (when I park it). I only do it for like 30 seconds though, so it's not that bad.
    That's strange. I have a 2002 turbo and I am 23. I live in the city, and have 3 points as well. My insurance went up $37 a month from my previous 2001 Protege, and that's with State Farm. Not too much for the enjoyment the turbo provides.
  • damn, i was told my insurance was gonna be about a grand more a year, numerous agences gave me the same figures...damn damn, o well, next car will be a turbo something, i love the sound!
  • AnakinAnakin Posts: 410
    State Farm raised my rates $7 a month over my previous 98 Accord V6 coupe. I'm 27, married, have a clean record, and also have my house insured through State Farm, so I think my rates are as low as they get.

I got a quote from Progressive, and their rates were DOUBLE what State Farm gives me?!?!?!
    You wanna hear about insurance rates? I got a quote from Progressive, $3500 for 6 months. Allstate, $318 a month. Geico, $3400 every 6 months. And all these quotes were with my 2001 Protege! I don't know what their problems are, I only had 1 point at the time too! Now I have 3, all speeding. :( State Farm doesn't know about the two I just got though (the second 2- got the first one a year ago). I also have my house insured with them. My rate is $232 a month. Of course, like I said, I am 23 with a sportyish car, an unclean record, and living in Baltimore, Md.
    Having 3 points on your record, and being under 25 is probably what's costing you.

I have discounts for being:
    -over 25
    -clean record
    -married
    -multi-car discount (more than one car on this policy
    -home insurance also through SF.
  • i'm 17, single, male, in NJ which has the country's highest insurance, got a brand new car, but no points, and I pay 3100, a year.I have Libert Mutual inusrance, fulkl coverage cause its a lease.
    Yeah, the insurance companies like to stick it to you when you're young, even if you have a clean record. :^(
  • Hi, I live in upstate NY and own a 2002 Jetta GLX with Galactic Blue and Grey Leather. It is an automatic, but I don't care much for sticks. The car is fun to drive, and is the safest car in its price range (trust me I know after being in a side impact crash with a 2001). The only complaint I have is minor rattle, and after reading about horror stories, I think I'll live with them rather than have the techies look at it.
  • I bought my 2001 jetta lagoon blue leather sports lux 17 inch rims from douglas in summit iam from kearny i went to gensidger and 3 county also the one in pomton plains ask for mike zuckerman great sales man
  • I ordered a 2002 Jetta GLS wagon at the end of Dec. Reflex silver with the 1.8T engine + Tiptronic auto. Every option but leather (still can't believe my wife actually wanted the 17" wheels and sport suspension!). Can't wait to get it (coming April '02, hopefully sooner). Meanwhile I will read up on how to solve the rattles & other problems and try not to second guess buying a VW. My dad has a '00 Passat GLX and it has been flawless for 2 yrs. Hope mine is as good.
  • I bought a 2002 Jetta TDI from Millenium VW in Somerville. Would highly recommend Paul in sales. Say YW sent you.
    You may want to see if you can re-order and get the leather. The black velour attracts and holds onto EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF LINT imaginable. And it's almost impossible to get it off.

I sincerely wish I had bought the leather.
  • Thanks for the info. on the black velour seats. I had heard this before, and have a dog that will be in the cargo area, so we went with the grey velour instead. Basically, that's why I had to factory order it, they had no wagons with anything but black velour. I saw a sedan with the silver exterior and gray interior and it looked pretty nice, so hopefully it will work out. My Explorer has gray velour too, and the dog hair, lint, etc. are not a big problem.
    Everyone complains about the velour seats holding stuff, no matter what color. I got leather in my Jetta too, but because I wanted the adjustable lumbar support and the cloth equipped models don't have it.
  • vtrip7vtrip7 Posts: 6
    Is the 2.0 jetta ok as a daily driver? I have the opportunity to purchase a base 02 jetta gls 2.0 with 60 miles on it for $15K even. The car lists for something like $18450. A lady won it in a church raffle and will sell it to me for the $15K....The car is essentially brand-new...it seems like a steal, but can i live with the 2.0?..If i were to purchase a new one, I almost for sure would get the 1.8 turbo, but in this scenario, for a lot more dough....P.S. i used to own Porsche 944 turbos and loved them....however, I am just looking for a good daily driver a a good price
  • i got the 2.0, not really that bad as far as low end street power, but once on the highway, and going 65, you don't have much more passing oomph after 70, though you still can accelerate, but it gets slow....relaibility ain't great, mine burns oil, vw says its fine...go for a 1.8T
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    ...this folder has been re-titled to Volkswagen Owners. This way all VW models (and owners) are now included in the Town Hall clubs.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

This discussion has been closed.