Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Subaru Outback

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,747

I drive 100% of the time on the street, and I drive a stick. I guess that's my point... Driving an automatic every day is boring, no matter how good it is. We have an Infiniti with 328 HP and it's a big snoozefest (even with paddle shifters... lol).

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• 2015 Subaru Outback Wishlist

• IMPROVED EYESIGHT SYSTEM.
    • LANE DEPARTURE PREVENTION SYSTEM.
    • Driver seat 2-position memory.
    • Rear hatch power lift.
    • Autodimming side rear-view mirrors.
    • Autodimming rear-view mirror & compass.
    • Passenger 4-way power seating.
    • Driver knee airbag.
    • 18'' Alloy wheels for better handling.

2015 Subaru Outback Dreamlist

• Faster & more responsive navigation system.
    • 2.0-liter DOHC Turbo Boxer engine.
    • Blindspot warning system.
    • Panoramic moonroof.
    • Rain sensing windshield wipers.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663

@ranjitbhaskar said:

2015 Subaru Outback Wishlist

• IMPROVED EYESIGHT SYSTEM.
    • LANE DEPARTURE PREVENTION SYSTEM.
    • Driver seat 2-position memory.
    • Rear hatch power lift.
    • Autodimming side rear-view mirrors.
    • Autodimming rear-view mirror & compass.
    • Passenger 4-way power seating.
    • Driver knee airbag.
    • 18'' Alloy wheels for better handling.

2015 Subaru Outback Dreamlist

• Faster & more responsive navigation system.
    • 2.0-liter DOHC Turbo Boxer engine.
    • Blindspot warning system.
    • Panoramic moonroof.
    • Rain sensing windshield wipers.

The spy photos I've seen show 18" tires and memory seats. Most likely they were top trim models.

Bob

• @rsholland said: Bob The spy photos I've seen show 18" tires and memory seats. Most likely they were top trim > models.

I looked up the spy pics, and you are right! I sure hope they release the revamped eyesight system. I read they have a 40% increase in the angle of vision as well as range. In addition, the cameras now have color vision. Subaru is the only car manufacturer that'll be able to detect traffic lights, and brake lights of cars in front for collision avoidance!

I'm impatiently waiting for the 2015 model to come to the showroom to buy an Outback!

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,464

JUST SAY "NO" TO NANNIES!!!

I think the ship has long since sailed on the Outback (and the Legacy) when it comes to these having any pretenses of being performance cars. Perhaps a detuned turbo FB engine to replace the H6... increased FE without sacrificing torque.

I'd like to see Subaru offering heated steering wheels. In addition to the auto-dimming sideview mirrors you mentioned, this would be such a practical and useful addition.

edited January 22

@xwesx said: JUST SAY "NO" TO NANNIES!!!

I think the ship has long since sailed on the Outback (and the Legacy) when it comes to these having any pretenses of being performance cars. Perhaps a detuned turbo FB engine to replace the H6... increased FE without sacrificing torque.

I'd like to see Subaru offering heated steering wheels. In addition to the auto-dimming sideview mirrors you mentioned, this would be such a practical and useful addition.

I agree about the Legacy and Outback about not being performance cars. The new WRX fills that roll.

Heated steering wheels are great and should be part of the AWP. They're starting to filter down to mainstream brands. My daughter's '13 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport has that feature. I drove it last week and enjoyed that feature.

Bob

• ushy66ushy66 Posts: 192

Looking to Chicago or NYC Auto Shows for 2015 Outback Reveal

@ushy66 said: Looking to Chicago or NYC Auto Shows for 2015 Outback Reveal

Most likely NY. That's always been a big show for Subaru.

Bob

• I agree the hard plastics are a bit of a letdown, but #1 on my list would be a decent heater. I test-drove a 2014 Outback Premium, and I would rate the heater performance as less than mediocre. There's lots of complaints on the internet about the poor heater. For a car that goes through winter activities, I don't understand it at all.

Hopefully, the 2015 will be better!

@theshield44 said: I agree the hard plastics are a bit of a letdown, but #1 on my list would be a decent heater. I test-drove a 2014 Outback Premium, and I would rate the heater performance as less than mediocre. There's lots of complaints on the internet about the poor heater. For a car that goes through winter activities, I don't understand it at all.

Hopefully, the 2015 will be better!

I can't speak to the Outback's heater, but the heaters in my '09 WRX and '13 Forester are fine. Never had an issue about a lack of heat in either vehicle. The WRX has auto climate control and the Forester manual control. I would assume the Outback uses a similar system. Plus both cars have heated seats too.

Bob

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,691

@rsholland said: I agree about the Legacy and Outback about not being performance cars. The new WRX fills that roll

But wouldn't it be cool if they brought back a turbo Legacy wagon? I would much rather have one of those than the high-roofed Outback. Miss the Legacy wagon. :-(

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

edited January 26

@nippononly said: But wouldn't it be cool if they brought back a turbo Legacy wagon? I would much rather have one of those than the high-roofed Outback. Miss the Legacy wagon. :-(

Hopefully we'll get the 2.0 Levorg wagon, which is a lux-up WRX wagon—not a hatch, but a wagon. Here's a link which includes a video.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1089504_subaru-levorg-wagon-concept-hits-the-track-video

Bob

• anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175

I'd love to see them bring back the full length moonroof, it's one of the best features on my wifes 08' LLB.

• saedavesaedave Chicago, ILPosts: 683

Hopefully we'll get the 2.0 Levorg wagon, which is a lux-up WRX wagon—not a hatch, but a wagon.

Bob,

That isn't different enough from my 2014 Forester XT.....which certainly rides stiffly enough to qualify as a WRX wagon! :(

Dave

• deerlake7deerlake7 Posts: 162
    edited February 4

Seeing pictures of the '15 Legacy is getting me excited for the new Outback. We had a 2009 Forester and now a 2012 Outback. I have three hopes. First, fix the steering. The forward momentum on most cars self centers the front wheels, but on the 2010-14 Outbacks the steering is so stiff on center and causes the need for constant steering corrections. Second, please find a way to insulate the cabin from all the engine noise and finally, as others of said, get rid of the hard plastics. There was an earlier post relating to the Outback's weak heater. Mine is like a blast furnace and here in Minnesota where we've seen air temps below -20, it's been great. The only issue is how much noise the fan makes. It's LOUD.

edited February 5

@deerlake7 said: The only issue is how much noise the fan makes. It's LOUD.

That it is! All my Subarus have the same fan functionality: 1. Silent. 2. Near-silent 3. Quiet, but noticeable 4. Deafening!

While I think that all cars have noisy fans when set on full, I don't typically need to turn the radio louder unless I'm in the Subaru. :p

• ranjitbhaskarranjitbhaskar Posts: 7
    edited February 11

Based on the 2015 Subaru Legacy, I made a list that I think might make it to the 2015 Outback too:

2015 Subaru Outback

DOHC 2.5 Liter 4-cylinder BOXER Engine - 175 hp.

Lineartronic CVT (continuously variable transmission)

Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive

Standard perforated leather upholstery

Two-position memory for the 10-way power driver’s seat

4-way power front passenger seat

Three-mode heated front seats

Dual-mode heated rear seats

Rear seat air conditioning vents

High-end surround sound audio system with 12 harman/kardon® speakers

“Nosecone” front section & Aluminum Hood

Front partition windows

Door-mounted side view mirrors

Active Grille Shutter system

LED U-shape tail and brake lights

Turn signal exterior mirrors

Rear-view camera closer to the center of the car

Rollover sensor activated side curtain airbags

Welcome lighting - Cabin illumination & Exterior lighting.

Keyless access & Start.

Front seat-cushion airbags

Steering-Responsive Foglights

Radar Based Driver-Assist System:

Blind Spot Detection.

Lane Change Assist, Fast approaching vehicles

Rear Cross Traffic Alert.

LED indicators on the side mirrors

EyeSight® driver-assist System (40% wider & longer range with Color Vision that enhances pedestrian & obstacle detection. 15% smaller in size, increasing outward visibility)

Adaptive Cruise Control

Pre-Collision Braking

Vehicle Lane Departure Warning

Acoustic Windshield

Liquid-filled Engine Mounts.

Thicker Panels (floor, toeboard, rear wheel apron, inner fenders)

Expanded use of foam insulation and floor damping material.

Quick-ratio Electric Power-assisted Steering

Revised spring and damper tuning and geometry

18-inch Alloy Wheels.

Active Torque Vectoring, an enhancement of the Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC)

Ventilated rear disc brakes

Electronic Parking Brake with Hill Holder Assist.

Hill Descent Control.

Binocular-style gauge pods

5-inch Center LCD information display

Electro-luminescent gauges with elegant blue ring illumination.

GPS Corrected Time Display

External temperature display

One-touch lane changer function for turn signals.

Auto up/down driver and front passenger windows with pinch protection.

Dual-zone automatic climate control system

AM/FM stereo and HD Radio®

Radio Data Broadcast System

Single-disc in-dash CD player.

Subaru STARLINK connectivity with Aha™ and Pandora® smartphone integration

Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming

iPod® control capability

USB port and aux. input jack.

Multi-touch display offers swipe and scrolling gestures

7-inch touch screen display.

SiriusXM® satellite radio

SMS text messaging

iTunes® tagging capability.

Dual USB ports.

576-Watt equivalent AM/FM/HD Radio unit

12 harman/kardon speakers, including a front center speaker and a rear subwoofer.

• Aargh, I screwed up the formatting. Sorry folks! :(

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,747

@ranjitbhaskar said: Aargh, I screwed up the formatting. Sorry folks! :(

Fixed it.... sort of..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,691

What, no panoramic moonroof? It needs a panoramic moonroof... ;-)

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• morey000morey000 Posts: 322

Why not put the 2.0T from the Forester in the Outback? Secondly- a totally refreshed and higher quality design interior. Every time I get into an Outback, I feel like I stepped into a 1990's time machine. Much prefer the interior design of my Tribeca.

Interior design of the Tribeca is gorgeous. They really nailed that one. The last-gen Forester and Impreza (which are the same) were very nice, though I've heard many complaints about the "feel." They went to blocky on the inside and bulgy on the outside for all of the new models.

• mfkmx5mfkmx5 Posts: 1

Bring back the middle rear seat pass-through, or 40/20/40 configuration on sedans and wagons

Bring back the Legacy wagon too.

• easypareasypar ColoradoPosts: 186

Auto tailgate because my wife is mad that right after she got her 2013 Outback the Forester came out with it. Turbo would be nice, a router feeling seats.

We were going to swap my 2010 legacy for something else, probably German, but the 2015 Legacy/Outback looks like more than a 're-fresh so we'll probably stay a 2 Subie family.

We did see the new Legacy at the Denver auto show 2 weeks ago and it's better looking in person than the pictures.

• saedavesaedave Chicago, ILPosts: 683

You might want to check the Forester electric tailgate very carefully before you get one on the new Limited Outback. I have heard complaints that it is slow and jams when you try to hurry it.

@easypar said: Auto tailgate because my wife is mad that right after she got her 2013 Outback the Forester came out with it. Turbo would be nice, a router feeling seats.

We were going to swap my 2010 legacy for something else, probably German, but the 2015 Legacy/Outback looks like more than a 're-fresh so we'll probably stay a 2 Subie family.

We did see the new Legacy at the Denver auto show 2 weeks ago and it's better looking in person than the pictures.

New Outback has an auto tailgate. It's optional on 2.5 Premium and standard on Limited models.

Bob

• bdubs2bdubs2 Posts: 1
    Manual enthusiasts unite!!! Call 1800SUBARU3 and talk to a customer service rep to know how bad they screwed up by not offering the 2015 outback in manual. At least let us custom order one if they don't see a reason to have them on the lot. They can start by helping us import from Canada with no uplift. Unfortunately, if they do nothing the golf sportwagen will be my next car (along with the many other wagon stick enthusiasts)..

@bdubs2 said: Manual enthusiasts unite!!! Call 1800SUBARU3 and talk to a customer service rep to know how bad they screwed up by not offering the 2015 outback in manual. At least let us custom order one if they don't see a reason to have them on the lot. They can start by helping us import from Canada with no uplift. Unfortunately, if they do nothing the golf sportwagen will be my next car (along with the many other wagon stick enthusiasts)..

Ain't gonna happen. The take rate here in the USA is too low. Can't make a business case for it.

Bob

• easypareasypar ColoradoPosts: 186

Thanks Bob. I knew the new Outback had the tailgate but her 2013 only has 27,000 miles and is only 18 months old. Anyway we made a deal today to trade in my 2010 Legacy for a 2014 BMW 328d, X-drive because, Colorado. So she has to wait awhile to replace her Subie.

Thanks for the reminder though I keep meaning to check about aftermarket/Subie brand, add-on for the tailgate motor.

easypar

@easypar said: Thanks Bob. I knew the new Outback had the tailgate but her 2013 only has 27,000 miles and is only 18 months old. Anyway we made a deal today to trade in my 2010 Legacy for a 2014 BMW 328d, X-drive because, Colorado. So she has to wait awhile to replace her Subie.

Thanks for the reminder though I keep meaning to check about aftermarket/Subie brand, add-on for the tailgate motor.

easypar

Nice. :) Son David has an X1 28, X-Drive, and is very happy with it.

Bob