Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Protege Owners: Photo Gallery

Comments

• vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    Looks just like the Mazda6 I sat in when at the New York International Auto Show. Only (of course), it did have the nag screen in the dash.
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    the deep red/maroon is the one I want.

can u book it for me?

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/f5d98d2e/bc/Misc+Shared+Pics/Image01.jpg?bcR5xj9AQFfQswGu

• maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Paul: Same car you sat in.

Hank: yes it's the hatch. Those were the lights they were going to use here at the time. It may be a European version.

Chikoo: Lighting is everything, run of the mill fluorescents make a red car look maroon.
  • theparallaxtheparallax Member Posts: 361
  • mdaffronmdaffron Member Posts: 4,421
    I've got a couple other pics of the same police car from different angles.

Meade

She doesn't look 3.5 years old, does she?
  • dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    What sticker do you have on your triangle window at the back?

And yeah, she looks fine :)

Lucky you: no salt to deal with.

Did you fix the trunk? How much?

What's the % of your tint? It looks like mine (35% front).

Dinu
  • iamziamz Member Posts: 542
    Not at all. Nice wheels. What profile are you running and how's the ride?
  • the_big_hthe_big_h Member Posts: 1,583
    that sticker says...

THE PROTEGE CLUB KNOWS ABOUT YOU!!!!
    ...the sticker says ProtegeClub.com. Want a larger picture? Here. LMAO...I have pictures of just about everything. Unfortunately the bumper is still not fixed. I know I should have done it by now but I'm so lazy. I will get it done!!!

iamz:
    The tire profile is 205/40/17. According to the Miata.net tire calc, the speedo doesn't change at all. Stock tires are 185/65/14. Ride is firm, yes, but not as bone-jarring as one might think.

As much as I like these wheels, I am not buying Arospeed's again. The clearcoat on my passender side rear wheel has completely peeled off and entire spoke and is making its way to the rest of the wheel. Unfortunately, I don't know of any wheel repair shops in my town. Bah.
  • protege_fanprotege_fan Member Posts: 2,405
    I finally decided to use my webspace from my ISP. :D

Mike: Don't tell me this pic was taken recently. We have mountains of snow here. -25C here today.

Dinu
  • mazdafunmazdafun Member Posts: 2,329
    :)
    Heh..that pic was taken last year. We have a bit of snow here, but we're just out of our cold snap. Only -5C right now.
  • kaiserheadkaiserhead Member Posts: 166
    There she is, a little scratched and dented from her run in with a Dodge Pick-up, but after a few days at the body shop (courtesy of the guy that hit me) she'll be all good again in no time.

:(
    Glad you're ok!
    Glad you're OK. And good thing he didn't bash those headlamps. Those probably cost about $350-500 each.
    She's back from the shop with a new hood, bumper, grill and hood latch. The fenders were blended to match the new paint on the hood and bumper. Total cost: $1,600. They even replaced the Canadian labels under the hood with English/French replacements. Another good job by the boys at Gunther in Ft. Lauderdale.

The new bumper doesn't have any holes drilled in it from the license plate mount, that's a huge improvement over the plugs I had there before.

Looks like the body shop did a great job. I got my rear bumper cover and 2000+ reinforcement replaced, trunk lid aligned, and rear fenders back painted for $1600 just recently.

Looks good, did they lacquer on the clear coat when they did it? They put so much on that I'll have drop about three coats of wax on the rest of the car to make it match the shine on the new hood!!!
    To tell you the truth I'm not sure. It did seem fairly shiny but doesn't match yours. I'd like to get my hands on some of that stuff!
    They did an excellent job on the front-end repair. Great alignment between the hood and fenders etc.

Uh, parallax, you might want to blur out your license plate. Nice Miata too. :)
    I'm not too worried about the liscense plate...after all anyone can walk up to my car or see it driving down the road and write it down.

The Miata is my friends. I want one.
    But I don't fit in the darn thing (bummer).

I'm softening my wife up on the RX-8. I still have to see if I fit in IT.

Anyone else get the RX-8 mini-mag? It's cool. Article on the rotary engine and some history on it and its involvement in their racing program. Some hints at a two-seater, 2-door RX-7 version as well as some hints at aftermarket tuner versions (they hinted that it'd be easy to put on a supercharger or turbocharger system).

It looks so nice in red. I just wish they'd get rid of the deep IP pods and the glarish chrome bezels around them. Also, deep-six the ugly and hard-to-clean alloys in favor of a more sexy and easier-to-clean design. I notice the MX Sportif has alloys similar to those on the RX-8. Geez, I'd sell those back and get the steel wheels I hate them so.
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    in Silver. Stunning.
    and a picture to prove it

Although I've only seen small pictures of it to date.
    The wing on the RX-8 in X2 is too big. The colour is cool though.

If you can find the right X-men 2 trailer, they show the RX-8 in it briefly.
  • mdaffronmdaffron Member Posts: 4,421
    But I've read a lot about this RX-8 that's supposedly a "character" in the movie.

Anyone seen it yet? Is it worth the ticket price and wasted time to see it if you're only interested in seeing the RX-8?

Meade
  • icvciicvci Member Posts: 1,031
    If you really want to check it out, go to Mazda's X-Men RX-8 site.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/rx8/xmen/rx8_xmen_flash.jsp
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    seeing it tonight. I'll give you my impressions in the morning. I liked the first one but I'm not a comic book guy.
  • tallstetsontallstetson Member Posts: 5
    Had it a week today...

My favorite color on the P5 (red's a close second though...reverse order on the RX-8 for me).
    Nice angled shot!

Congrats!

Dinu
    Looks great, congrats.
  • boggseboggse Member Posts: 1,048
    It definitely grabs the attention. I didn't even notice you standing next to it the first time I looked.
  • erics6erics6 Member Posts: 684
    P5s look good in that blue.
  • boggseboggse Member Posts: 1,048
    I think the bling-bling wheels look best with Midnight Blue. We considered getting them on our Sunlight Silver, but we thought it would be too shiny.

Ted
  • erics6erics6 Member Posts: 684
    I like the polished alloys too, although I swore I'd never get another dark color car after my green Miata. Oh well. Lot's of time will be spent obsessively cleaning a dirty car now. :)
  • urbanekurbanek Member Posts: 8
    ERICS6, saw your pic of your new ride which is now 60+ days of fun. My 02 also is blue and I love that color which has been absent from the scene for some time. Mine has the sunroof, ABS, side airbags. I get a lot of use on the ABS commuting through the Cuyahoga Valley ski areas south of Cleveland. It is a second snow belt zone and Lake Erie lake effect drop zone for snow! For the sport driving that I enjoy with this vehicle the ABS is a definite positive to tell you when the road weather limits are being reached!!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Mazda Mania

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!
    The chat room opens 15 minutes before the scheduled chat time, so come early and get a good seat! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • taxemtaxem Member Posts: 1
    WooHoo!
    Guess I can officially join this site now...
    Just bought a 2003 P5, bright yellow!!
    I pick it up at the dealer tomorrow!

I've been by there twice since I signed all the papers to 'supervise' the detailing (LOL)
    I'll probably be goin back today with the camera...

... now, what shall I name her?
  • seoulseoul Member Posts: 1
    Hahahha, I know how the guy above me feels. I just got my PRO yesterday. Got finished with the paperwork, now it is officially sitting at my house.

Got work to do though. Can't have an all stock car for long. :P
  • catera5catera5 Member Posts: 5
    Hello I am wondering if anyone has some cool pic of 2002 Mazda Protege 5. I own a silver one and love to see other cars that are done up. Thanks.
  • 11b33t11b33t Member Posts: 51
    Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Here's some pics of my Mazdaspeed Protege i just took. Enjoy folks and let's see some new stuff...
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    the landscape gives me the impression of catching glimpse of a wild pony on the range ... sweet
  • 11b33t11b33t Member Posts: 51
    :shades: ...All the time I've been out here and that analogy never even crossed my mind...

You're a poet & didn't know-it autonomous...
This discussion has been closed.