Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 BMW 4-Series Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,679
edited January 17 in BMW
Ask your 4-Series lease questions here!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• Finally!!!!!

Too late for me since I picked mine up last week.
  • Perfect timing!

Please post the November money factor and residual for the 2014 BMW 428i Xdrive for 36 months, 12,000 miles per year for NY tri-state area. I'm not sure about getting the navigation package so please post numbers with and without if there is a difference.

Also, was a dealer correct in telling me that multiple security deposits are not allowed in New York? If they are allowed, how much will a MSD reduce the MF? For example if the MSD is $2,000, is the MF reduced by 0.00005?

Thanks very much.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,679
    edited November 2013
    2014 BMW 428i Xdrive Coupe 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 62% residual

New York dealers can't do MSDs, but we've heard reports of NJ dealers doing them for NY residents, with no issues. Each deposit lowers the MF by .00007, and with 7 allowed, that's a total available reduction of .00049. Each deposit is the monthly payment rounded up to the next $50 increment... So, if your payment were $630/month, each deposit would be $650.... for a total of $4550 for 7 of them.

regards,
    kyfdx

• That's correct. Try some dealers in NJ. You may want to try BMW of Tenafly.
  • Hi i am planning on leasing a new 428i and i would like to know if i am getting a good deal or not, i recently placed an order for a 428i with the M Packaged, and premium Packaged as well. car's totaled to $47,775. Dealer is asking $596 a month with tax included and a $2,350 due at signing and that includes the first month.

thanks
  • forgot to mention that this is for a 12k miles a year and for 36 month.
  • Not enough info. What is the MSRP, the money factor, acquisition fee? Are you getting loyalty ? Payment seems a little high. Have you considered MSDs?

You should get the drivers assistance package.
  • MSRP is 47,775, not sure of the MF, aquisition fee is $917, and im not getting loyalty :/ im not sure what MSDs is.
  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 194
    I recommend that you do a little work and learn about leasing. You are very likely to over pay, if you don't understand the process. It is not hard to get the info. As Zoombie99 told you, you don't have all the components. Let me give you a quick analogy. Would you sign a contract to buy a car, if you didn't know what the interest rate is? It is the same as a lease, there is an interest rate, the money factor.

MSD's, are Multiple Security Deposits. For each MSD you put down, the MF is reduced by .0007, for a max of 7 MSD's equals a reduction of .00049. This means a savings of $30-50 per month depending on the amount of the car. Best of all, you get your money back at the end of the lease, unless you have damaged the car, brought in bald tires, etc. Plus, if the car is stolen, wrecked or totaled, again the MSD comes back to you.
  • To this all in perspective, I just leased a 428x for 615 a month including tax BUT, my MSRP is 54,975. I have drivers asst package, drivers asst plus, DHP, prem package, cold weather package, sports edition, NAV and met paint.

My lease is 15k miles a year and I only put 1,500 down along with $4,500 in MSDs (which I get back) I did have a 1,000 drive credit and $500.00 loyalty credit.
  • wow looks like u got a good deal compared to mine, i really had no idea what MSD was nor had heard of it before but now that i see what it is i am really interested in doing it. thanks for your info.
  • I made my deal back in sept and it was 750 over invoice. The car was built to order. Now you can do better then that since the 428x market has softened. You need to figure out invoice. You need to ask the dealer for the money factor which should be .00125 before MDS to make sure it isn't marked up. The acquisition fee should be 725 or 925 since dealers are allowed to mark it up 200. What part of the country are you in?
  • Im in FLorida, dealer told me the MF was .00125. im confused because they quoted me on the customer disclosure the same price $47775 which is the same price as the build out on bmwusa.com with a residual of 62%. not sure if thats good or not.
  • Can you please provide me with the MF and residual for a 435 with 3 year/ 10K per year terms? Also, what would you expect target price to be? I'm thinking $1200 over invoice ( then minus 500 loyalty) for a ne $700 over, or is that too low given the newness of the model. I dont see any cash on the Happier New Year Event for this model...correct?
  • So the lease is based on the MSRP rather than a discounted amount. Run, don't walk, away from the realtor.

You should be shooting for 500 over invoice on a 428 since the sales have softened. The lower the price the lease is based on, the lower the monthly payments.
  • I just want to remind everyone that BMWCCA now has a $500 rebate on the 4 series for people that have been members for over one year
  • msportster411msportster411 Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Hey guys , so im looking at 629000 mrsp , 58500 selling price
    60% residual , 36mo / 18 k miles , negative equity 1000 , 642 score ( tier 2 ) money factory 000145 , estimated payments 900ish with 1000 down , 836 with 3500 down , quote was done over the phone, finalizing tomorrow.

what do you think?
    2014 435i Coupe 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 63% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

• Hey guys, first time poster here. I was hoping to get an idea if the following offer is good in your opinions. Car is a 428i with M package, Lighting package and navigation.

MSRP - 49,475
    Negotiated price - 47,590
    Term- 36 months, 15,000k per year

Offer: $587 plus tax. Due at signing first months payment, taxes/title/fees.

He is telling me the residual percentage is 60% and it's "set by BMW".

No clue what MF he is using.

What do you think? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
  • The residual is set by BMW. You should ask the dealer for the money factor and you should consider MSDs to lower the monthly payments. How much exactly are you putting down?
  • can you please provide me with the MF and residual for a 428i with 3 year/ 12K per year terms for December?
    thank you.
    2014 428i 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 62% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

• Can I get the MF and residual for a 428i with 3 year/12k yr lease in SO CAL?
    See the post directly above yours..

• popeye1234popeye1234 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    hey
    i am a first timer and i am so close to lease a 428 and here is the deal so far, please let me know if is good enough to move forward

MSRP 51811
    Sale price $49500
    monthly payment $576.85
    term: 36/10k miles
    money factor 0.00165
    residual 63%
    down $2500
    royalty $500

please advice
    thank you!
  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 194

The selling price is not very good. With the holiday credit and end of year dealer incentives, you could do much better. It also depends what part of the country you live in too. It is important to get the money factor, as Zoombie99 pointed out. I would email your CA and ask for a complete breakdown of the deal. Also, look over other dealers inventory online and send out an offer via email...offer $500 over invoice. It is the end of the year and quota's need to be made. Finally, check out using MSD's, I've written about them many times, could easily save you $40-50 per month in payments.

• Would the MF and RV change for the all wheel drive version of both the 428 and 435? 36mo 10k/yr.

This month, money factors and residuals are the same for all of the 4-Series models. The only differences are with length of term and mileage allowance.

kyfdx

• @kyfdx@Edmunds said: This month, money factors and residuals are the same for all of the 4-Series models. The only differences are with length of term and mileage allowance.

So just to make sure... .00125 MF

NOT the .000125 given to me by my dealer... (I think he made a typo)...

Difference between 3% and 0.3% is pretty big :)

• Hi all, in Chicago area, looking to lease a 428i convertible, $58,600 with all options included. 36 mos, 10K per year; we would take delivery in April. What would be the MF, residual, etc?