Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 BMW 4-Series Lease Questions

1131416181923

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @gwenk84 said: Ok, so I went back to the dealer. He said i need to factor the $925 acquisition fee in my calculations which would affect the monthly payment by about $28/month. Is this true? If so, the selling price was 49,021 and adding the 925 to that I am left with a total cap price of 49,946. would this come out to the 673.74/month payment then?

    The base acq fee is $725; the dealer is right when he says that $925 will add about $28/mo to the payment (925/36=26, plus tax).

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @psheez42 said: I'm looking to lease a 428i grande coupe in california msrp is 49,500. going for a 36 month 10k lease. can you please proivide me with the mf and residual.? also whats a good selling price and what are monthly payments looking at at the selling price you suggest? any feedback will be appreciated. This is going to be mt 4th lease and this is the first i'm actually doing research, Also if I do msd's will i get the money back if I trade in the car early into them for another lease? thank you

    MF is .00130 and RV for 36/10 is 63%.

    I can't speak to what a good selling price would be; use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine the TMV for your location.

    The monies used for MSD are returned to you at lease end, or you can roll it over to the next lease.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • orens93orens93 Posts: 3

    @Michaell I got an updated offer on the 435i with MSRP of 62,375 and negotiated to 56,865. with 36 months @ 10,000 miles a year with 2000 drive off and 659 a month. This seems really low? How can this deal be done especially if he is getting it from another lot?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @orens93 said: Michaell I got an updated offer on the 435i with MSRP of 62,375 and negotiated to 56,865. with 36 months @ 10,000 miles a year with 2000 drive off and 659 a month. This seems really low? How can this deal be done especially if he is getting it from another lot?

    With MF of .00130 and 36/10 RV of 63%, I get a pre-tax payment of $613.03, so their offer seems pretty decent (don't know what tax rate is applied where you live).

    Some dealers are more willing to horse trade with others.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • rsky4rsky4 Posts: 2
    edited August 7

    Hello! Very informative forum... Here is my question. Leasing 2014 428xi Coupe in NJ, 36mo/12K MSRP 49425(including dest. charge 925) , price 46154, residual .62, MF .00150 Additional- taxes 1466, 3yrs registration 495, Doc fee 369, 2378 out, 589/mo How does it sound? Thanks in advance !

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @rsky4 said: Hello! Very informative forum... Here is my question. Leasing 2014 428xi Coupe in NJ, 36mo/12K MSRP 49425(including dest. charge 925) , price 46154, residual .62, MF .00150 Additional- taxes 1466, 3yrs registration 495, Doc fee 369, 2378 out, 589/mo How does it sound? Thanks in advance !

    MF is marked up on you ... base is .00130. Acquisition fee of $925 is also marked up from the base of $725.

    With the MSRP and selling price you've provided, I get a payment of $530.68. A bit of a difference from the $589 the dealer is quoting.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • rsky4rsky4 Posts: 2

    @Michaell said: MF is marked up on you ... base is .00130 I agree. need to work on this Acquisition fee of $925 is also marked up from the base of $725. 925 is what I also get on edmunds in NJ... With the MSRP and selling price you've provided, I get a payment of $530.68. A bit of a difference from the $589 the dealer is quoting. What calculator are you using Mike? I get 618 on edmunds own lease calculator. Also taxes are included in the monthly payment Thanks for your response, MUCH appreciated

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @rsky4 said: Thanks for your response, MUCH appreciated

    I built my own calculator in a spreadsheet .. none of the formulas are terribly complicated.

    I was assuming that you were paying taxes up front, not rolling them into the cap cost.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • orens93orens93 Posts: 3

    @Michaell yea but the payment is 659 including tax with 2000 drive off. I live in SoCal where the tax is 9% doesn't this seem a little low for them? How can the dealer afford to make the price so low? Basically what i'm asking is it is a fishy deal or not?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @orens93 said: Michaell yea but the payment is 659 including tax with 2000 drive off. I live in SoCal where the tax is 9% doesn't this seem a little low for them? How can the dealer afford to make the price so low? Basically what i'm asking is it is a fishy deal or not?

    I believe CA taxes the payment each month. If I add 9% tax to the $613/mo pre-tax number I calculated above, I get $668.20, a little bit more than your quote.

    I suspect some of the $2000 drive off is being used as cap cost reduction to get the payment down to $659/mo with tax.

    I don't see anything fishy about this deal; the base MF is being used and you are getting a good discount from sticker. What's not to like?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • gwenk84gwenk84 Posts: 10

    I have a new lease deal: MSRP 50750.00. Selling price 46,515 (they discounted a lot). MF .00130. Residual value 31972.50. Residual factor is 63%. 36 months. 10k miles. total drive off is 1865.88. Total monthly payment is $550.36

  • gwenk84gwenk84 Posts: 10

    to follow up to my last comment. Is it normal procedure to add the bank fee, capital reduction and cap reduction tax to the total drive off amount? I'm thinking thats how they get back some of the money.

  • tjacob86tjacob86 Posts: 12

    went to dealer in NJ this is what I got 428xi GC - MSRP $51600 - BMW unforgetable event voucher $1000 off = 50600 . - Sport Line + Navi + Drive Assist + Cold + Premium 15 K miles a year 36 month - MF - 00130 Residual 60% . Sales tax 1737.59 Govt fees 521.50(dmv?) Doc Fee - 350. Acquisition fee 725 - Monthly - 665.65. is this a fair deal? - Tony

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,539

    @gwenk84 said: to follow up to my last comment. Is it normal procedure to add the bank fee, capital reduction and cap reduction tax to the total drive off amount? I'm thinking thats how they get back some of the money.

    Capital reduction, by definition, is a downpayment paid upfront to reduce the CAP cost. The bank (or acquisition fee) is required of every BMW lease, and you can pay it upfront or roll that amount into the payment. The CAP reduction tax is tax paid on any money paid upfront, since that amount won't be taxed in the lease payment.

    Making a CAP cost reduction is your choice, but it isn't necessary.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • psheez42psheez42 Posts: 10

    Im in california, negotiated a selling price on a 2015 428i grandcoupe msrp 49.500 for 46,000 in principle over email. If I wanted to go for a lease instead at 10k 36 months, what monthly payment would you get after tax and everything. Also after 7 msd's what you that drop the payment to. Thank you in advance

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,539

    @psheez42 said: Im in california, negotiated a selling price on a 2015 428i grandcoupe msrp 49.500 for 46,000 in principle over email. If I wanted to go for a lease instead at 10k 36 months, what monthly payment would you get after tax and everything. Also after 7 msd's what you that drop the payment to. Thank you in advance

    .00130 MF and 63% residual
    With $725 acq.fee rolled in, the payment would be $533/mo.+tax
    Due at signing: 1st payment, title/registration/doc (about $1000-$1100).

    With 7 MSDs (new MF of .00081), the payment would be $495/mo.+tax
    Due at signing would increase by $3850 (7 X $550).

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • psheez42psheez42 Posts: 10
    edited August 9

    thank you... how do I calculate tax... Is it the tax percentage times the total of payments / 36 ? and is $1000-1100) including the 1st payment or just title/registration/doc thanks

  • tjacob86tjacob86 Posts: 12

    Hey kyfdx can you help me with this -went to dealer in NJ this is what I got 428xi GC - MSRP $51600 - BMW unforgetable event voucher $1000 off = 50600 . - Sport Line + Navi + Drive Assist + Cold + Premium 15 K miles a year 36 month - MF - 00130 Residual 60% . Sales tax 1737.59 Govt fees 521.50(dmv?) Doc Fee - 350. Acquisition fee 725 - Monthly - 665.65. is this a fair deal? - Tony

  • tjacob86tjacob86 Posts: 12

    can anyone recommend a good dealer in NJ? 4 series GC

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,539

    @psheez42 said: thank you... how do I calculate tax... Is it the tax percentage times the total of payments / 36 ? and is $1000-1100) including the 1st payment or just title/registration/doc thanks

    California taxes money paid upfront, then taxes the monthly payment.. so, it's just the rate X the monthly payment.. They collect the tax monthly from the bank.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,539

    @tjacob86 said: Hey kyfdx can you help me with this -went to dealer in NJ this is what I got 428xi GC - MSRP $51600 - BMW unforgetable event voucher $1000 off = 50600 . - Sport Line + Navi + Drive Assist + Cold + Premium 15 K miles a year 36 month - MF - 00130 Residual 60% . Sales tax 1737.59 Govt fees 521.50(dmv?) Doc Fee - 350. Acquisition fee 725 - Monthly - 665.65. is this a fair deal? - Tony

    Answered in the other discussion..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • How are these deals? Having a hard time selecting between the two.

    2015 428 xdrive, M Sport, etc, MSRP 56,325; price 52591; MF .00130, 12k, 36 month, virginia registration; $622/mo.

    2014 335i, M sport, etc, MSRP 56,625; price 50,025; MF .00130, 12k, 36 month, virginia registration; $584/mo.

    thanks!

  • I meant to add, 62% residual, and ~2700 down payment on both.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @speedster2014 said: How are these deals? Having a hard time selecting between the two.

    2015 428 xdrive, M Sport, etc, MSRP 56,325; price 52591; MF .00130, 12k, 36 month, virginia registration; $622/mo.

    2014 335i, M sport, etc, MSRP 56,625; price 50,025; MF .00130, 12k, 36 month, virginia registration; $584/mo.

    I meant to add, 62% residual, and ~2700 down payment on both.

    Is all of the $2700 going to down payment, or does some of that cover the up front fees and taxes?

    Using your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $604.59 for the 4-series, and $525.05 for the 3-series.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • It's going to taxes tags and fees. If that's the case, monthly should be near your number, correct? Thanks again.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @speedster2014 said: It's going to taxes tags and fees. If that's the case, monthly should be near your number, correct? Thanks again.

    If the selling price is the same as the net cap cost, then yes.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • speedster2014speedster2014 Posts: 10
    edited August 13
    Thank you. Are there any incentives on the 435i GC?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,354

    @speedster2014 said: Thank you. Are there any incentives on the 435i GC?

    Not at this time.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,539

    @speedster2014 said: How are these deals? Having a hard time selecting between the two.

    2015 428 xdrive, M Sport, etc, MSRP 56,325; price 52591; MF .00130, 12k, 36 month, virginia registration; $622/mo.

    2014 335i, M sport, etc, MSRP 56,625; price 50,025; MF .00130, 12k, 36 month, virginia registration; $584/mo.

    thanks!

    240 HP vs. 300 HP.... Turbo 4 vs. Turbo 6.. I know which one I would pick.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • tjacob86tjacob86 Posts: 12

    signed lease 428xi imperial blue +sport line+ premium + cold+ navi + drive assist with rear view = msrp 52150. I got it at $57,$$$ - at invoice, i forgot to get the buy price- MF .0013, Residual 60%, Monthly 561$. Total upfront taxes and fees including 1st month payment 3580$. 3years place and reg - 313.30+doc fee 299+ bankfee 725, nj taxes 1485, tire tax 6$+ supplemental tax few dollars(over $45,000. = 3019. used 1000$ un4getable incentive. let me know what you think was this a rock bottom deal? - Tony

Sign In or Register to comment.