Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protege Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• icvciicvci Posts: 1,031
    Mine arrived Friday. When I put it in my P5 the corners in the back (butted up against the rear seats) are sort of crushed. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Seems like an odd fit.
  • boggseboggse Posts: 1,048
    Sounds like a warranty issue. ;-)

FYI: I did not cut the holes for the tie downs.
    The back corners of the mat are shaped like this

>-------<

sort of, it's hard to describe. Maybe they sent me the wrong part? Would you be so kind as to post a picture of it in your P5?
  • meinradmeinrad Posts: 820
    Here is mine. It fits really well. I did cut out the holes for the tie-downs.

Your message says mat. There are 2 different things. The mat, which is fabric, and the tray which is plastic.

I have the tray.

That's it, the tray. I'll have to look at mine again. Maybe I need to position it differently.

Thanks for posting a pic. I really appreciate it.
  • mazdafunmazdafun Posts: 2,329
    If they're pointing forwards, they may force your tray against the seatbacks. Either flip them down, under the carpeting, or slit the tray and feed them up through their matching pockets.

BTW, nice touch the little clip under the middle of the vanity cover to hold up the spare-tire cover (in meinrad's pic).
  • mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    :-(

Meade
  • chikoochikoo Posts: 3,008
    since I saw Chowchi had a rubber tray in his trunk.
    Chow, could you give us some details on your trunnk rubber mat/tray?
    I'll look up the pamphlet at home. I got it through the JC Whitney catalog. Funny thing, the largest size offered was what fit in my Pro's trunk.

The great thing about it, besides shielding the carpet, is that it has pegs onto which you can snap little caps that fit onto the bottoms of any plastic crate (so long as you drill holes into its bottom to fasten the caps). The kit came with two collapsible crates. The best part is anything put into the crates don't thrash around in the trunk. They stay nicely put in place when I whip around corners. :)

I did note that JC Whitney didn't list it anymore, so you may have to contact the mfr directly. That was a while ago (friend with an A4 wanted to get one for it), so they may have relisted it.
    The cargo tray from the 2003 should fit just fine in your 2000 model. Perhaps Malt could confirm wether it would fit, but my money is on it fitting. It is currently $47 from Mazdastuff.com.
    Click on the "Smart-Mat" link. I think the crates and feet are super. I think the L-shaped part of the smart-locks is weak (both of mine broke).

I'll have to measure the one that's in my trunk. I think it's larger than the one they recommend for the Protege (36x32in). Their part numbers actually make sense, as they're the measurement of the mat in inches (i.e., model 3632 for the Pro).

I should give them a call and see about getting replacements for the busted pieces.
    Are we now having posts arbitarily deleted with no word from anyone as to why?

Anyway, I said I wasn't planning on buying the cargo tray for my 2000's trunk because (1) the car's been 55,800 miles without one, and (2) I'll be trading it on a Jetta this weekend anyway.

Meade
    I stand corrected.

Meadeball
    I checked mine. Sedans can fit the "large" size (40x36), barely. P5s have to settle for the "mid" size (36x32) as the trunk floor is shorter...I measured my wife's P5 and apparently I didn't shut the hatch completely as she had to get out and shut it at the street corner this morning. Ooops. :)

I got free replacements for my broken items when I called them. I also ordered a couple more crates, heh.
  • chikoochikoo Posts: 3,008
    hope this pictures do justice...

• md_rocksmd_rocks Posts: 41
    Been poring through the manual, found nothing on this. I own a Kenwood KDC-MPV619 mp3-CD unit. I am planning on using it in a 2003 P5 (if only they could find the laser blue).

Now would I lose the subwoofer and/or the 6 CD changer functionality with this head unit? I am more concerned with the woofer then the changer since I just burn mp3s onto CD anyways. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
  • theparallaxtheparallax Posts: 361
    I just ordered a set of front Brembo cross drilled and slotted brake rotors, EBC Greenstuff brake pads, and 4 Technafit SS brake lines. Can't wait to get everything installed. The cheap Midas pads I have now are showing their age.
    And post pics! :)
    In addition to my brake set, I just bought the Mazda MP3 springs and Tokico Blue struts to go along w/ my brakes. I CANT WAIT!!!
    Looks very cool. Please let us know how you like the handling and ride after installation.
  • avanteguyavanteguy Posts: 15
    Does any one of a p5 with crazy amounts of HP..i need pics of such a car
    Flyin Miata sells an excellent turbo it for the Protege 2.0: http://www.flyinmiata.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=01-7P000&- variation=&aitem=1&mitem=1
  • wdrauchwdrauch Posts: 22
    The 6-disc changer is an in-dash unit, not remote mount. By the way, good luck with your search for Laser Blue. My P5 is Laser Blue and it is an awesome color!!
    Does anyone here have an aftermarket exhaust on their P5? I know there's a lot of discussion at protegeclub, but I wanted to check here first. I just installed the two-piece Injen intake a couple of weeks ago and am now looking for an exhaust.
  • reitrofreitrof Posts: 122
    I have the Racing Beat exhaust. Not too loud on the highway and a nice deep mellow sound.
    reitrof,
    Where did you purchase your RB exhaust? Also, did the RB exhaust seem to "deaden" the throttle response at all?
    ...are going in as we speak. Can't wait!!!
    WOW. The handling is awesome. Haven't really gotten a good chance to really test it. Today once again it was raining and I was driving home with traffic. But from what I have tested so far...it is great. The ride isn't actually much stiffer than before either. Everything feels tight again, like the car was nice. But with much better handling.

One down side, the car actually sits higher than before. It looks jacked up in the rear. It should settle down in about 1000 miles, so I will keep everyone updated.

Pics:
    http://www.knology.net/~negatize/images/tn_IMG_1196.jpg
    http://www.knology.net/~negatize/images/tn_IMG_1197.jpg
    http://www.knology.net/~negatize/images/tn_IMG_1198.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Mazda Protege Accessories and Modifications - Page 30 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com