Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura CL

Comments

• fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    I have not heard any groaning noises when backing out of the garage. I'll have to pay attention tomorrow morning and shut off the radio and open the windows. So far, 10,900 miles, I hear no noises at all! I love this car!

fastdriver
  • will occur when you first starts the car... doesn't matter if you are reversing or going forward. A respected service manager answered that it was the ABS.... on another CL forum
  • garypengarypen Posts: 1,482
    Respected by whom, hmmmmmmmm?????????????????????
  • by a bunch of kids that drive the CL.....
  • danny25danny25 Posts: 119
    I just picked up my license plates from the dealer and while I was there stopped by the service center to ask about that noise. Basically he said what some of you have already said, that it's the ABS purging itself, or something like that. He threw in a couple of techinical terms, but pretty much said it was fine.
    I groan when I purge myself every morning, too. So, it's understandable.
  • yeah.. but YOU don't have ABS.. do you?
    It depends on whether or not the "A" stands for "abdominal".
    danny25-

I listened to my CL-S this morning as I was backing out of the garage. Radio off, both windows open. Thought I heard a slight "whirring" noise as I was shifting from R to D and back again. I thought that was the noise until I realized that it was the passenger mirror moving up and down. LOL... Didn't hear anything else. Does it just make this noise first thing in the morning and then is fine the rest of the day?

I never heard any noise from my ABS.

fastdriver
  • CL Fans,

2003 Acura CL

Production to begin in 2/02
    -A Six-Speed Manual will be available for the Type-S only.
    -Navigation models will come with On-Star.
    -Anthracite Metallic will be available on all models.
    -The 6-Speed will be very limited in initial months of production...

Though you'd all like to know.

Jamie S.
    I've been paying a lot of attention to my car lately and have noticed that the noise happens every time I start it and drive away. It happens about 5 seconds after I start to drive, usually in reverse. Then a few seconds later it happens again, by that time I'm usually pulling forward. I could also describe the noise as a low pitched hum that lasts at most a second. I know it's not the mirror because I have the tilt feature turned off. I guess I won't worry about it since I was told it was the ABS system, but if starts getting louder or longer, I'll take it in to be serviced.
  • canadianclcanadiancl Posts: 1,078
    Don't worry about. From the additional description you gave, I'm positive is the ABS performing the self-test. I hear the same thing on mine --- once when I go in reverse backing out of the driveway and again when I put it in Drive to go forward.
    Thanks, even though the service tech said it was okay, it's always nice to get a few opinions. I appreciate the response.
  • jrentjrent Posts: 15
    Can anyone help ? trying to locate the web address for CL/S accessories. Need to get a bra for up coming trip
  • you might want to check under aftermarket & accesories
    jrent-

I got mine at http://www.ahmotor.com The price was much cheaper than the dealer AND it's a REAL Honda part. Get the mud guards too. They are a snap to put on. NO holes to drill or anything.

The bra fits like a glove. If you click on my name above, I THINK there is a link to my bra pics in photopoint.com.

fastdriver
    Hmm...Oh, never mind. It'll just get deleted! :)
    canadiancl-

AH Motors for the Acura one. Macy's for the other kind! ;-))

fastdriver

Hey- this isn't ANY worse or tasteless than the Chrysler Concorde commercial with Savannah and Concorde- the two kids in the car.
  • Savannah the pr0n star? =)
    charliemike-

??????????? Got me. I would think if it was, Chrysler's sales would be through the roof! ;-))

fastdriver
  • anybody from southern cal leased cl type s? what kind of monthly payment? downpayment? mileage, term? any special lease going on?
    Just thought I'd check in because they say that people who like their cars don't post as much as those who have problems.

I have 11,400+ miles on my CL-S since 3/28/01. Two dealer visits for oil/filter changes and a tire rotation/balance. That's it! Going Monday for the third oil/filter change.

This is by far, the best car I have ever owned. It's comfortable, quiet and fast! In addition, my gas mileage has always been in the 20's from day one- highway/city driving and AC on/off. Rarely ever got that kind of mileage with my previous car.

If you don't need 4-doors, this is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

fastdriver
  • and if you need 4 doors, get a tl-s instead.
  • my car is running as fine as the day it left the dealership... after 10k+.. thank you very much :) OH yea.. it's more than one year old now.
  • 2 years in april.

about 18k miles, no rattles (and creaks after i lubed the seals w/ silicone for the winter...this REALLY helps and takes 5 minutes), no other problems. i had a foggy left headlight after carwashes but that seemd to go away somehow (after i had my bra on and took it off about a week later...maybe it did something to the seals?).
  • kaz25kaz25 Posts: 2
    Haven't had the pleasure to drive the newest style CL yet. Knowing Acura, its drive & performance is probably great. It looks pretty cool, but I just can't warm up to the rear end yet. If they could just put the rearend of the old Legend Coupe on it, I'd buy one next bonus day.
  • cyranno99cyranno99 Posts: 419
    probably improper ventilation causes the foggy headlight....

well.. some people like the rear styling of the Accord coupe better... hard to say what Acura will do with the next makeover, but I doubt that they will go retro...
    I actually think the rear end of the CL-S is the most attractive part of the car -- clean & elegant.
  • har1bushhar1bush Posts: 207
    Has anyone bought a CL in the bay area recently? How much did you end up paying? It looks like the base CL would be an awesome deal if they sell it around invoice ($26K)...
This discussion has been closed.