Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura CL

Comments

• dean078dean078 Posts: 16
    the only remorse i have is wishing i didnt' buy a new car at all for graduation considering my work involves being away from home and my car is at home in the garage...depreciating every day.

that and when i see yugos!!
  • davejohn and the rest of you,

About purchase price. I'll tell you my situation here outside of Philadelphia. Originally, I was going to lease the 2001 3.2 CL. With $1000 down, 15,000 miles a year for 36 months, the dealer offered $469 a month. I then waited (as you should) and I got him down to only 429 a month.

After more contemplating, I decided that buying would be the smarter thing to do. Right now, I am at a standstill. $1,000 down, $530 a month for the CL and $1,000 down, $570 a month for the CLS.

I have been bent over backwards deciding on this topic. I am right out of college and this is my first car buying experience. I don't know if I should spend 25% of my monthly disposable income on the payments or just buy an Altima or something and save up some money.

The price of luxury is costly, but I think it's worth it. This car is an absolute gem. The driver's seat wraps your back like a glove, the acceleration is surprising fast, the interior is very luxurious with all the bells and whistles. Acura is not sneaky since all of their accessories are STANDARD. No hidden charges for options like leather, heated seats and mirrors, 6-CD BOSE(cl) you name it. (except for navigation system).

I say go for it since I think I just convinced myself to do the same. Let me know what YOU'VE been offered so we can compare prices.
  • djdezdjdez Posts: 75
    To all those considering LEASING a 3.2 CL-P ... NOW seems to be a half decent time to do it ... I just got mine a few weeks ago, and I think the prices might still be getting better. I saw a number of ads listing offers of $299-$329 a month with anywhere from $2500 - $4500 due at lease signing.

Someone above mentioned $429 a month w/$1000 down ... was that PLUS inceptions ??? or was the $1000 - TOTAL OUT OF POCKET ??? I'm also assuming tax was NOT included ...

I thought about buying, but it's just TOO expensive, plus I like new cars every few years. Even if you DO buy it, 4-5 years from now, you'll definitely be wanting a new car, if not SOONER.

My deal is for 39 months/12,000 miles per year, and my payment is $340 per month and that INCLUDES tax (here in NJ) .. my TOTAL OUT OF POCKET money was $2000. Around $1400 of that consisted of down money ...

This car CAN be had at INVOICE -- you just gotta shop around !!!

Hope this helps someone ...
  • Selling my 2001 Type S Silver with wing and Air deflector. I'm in Philadelphia. Selling for 26,500 obo. Only 6,000 miles. E-mail me at kristoffermurphy@aol.com if interested.
  • zoinkzoink Posts: 3
    Is $18,000 too much to pay for a 97 3.0CL Premium with 18k miles? Warranty is still active until 09/01. I've already talked the dealer down $2,000 (was 19,995). He got it the day I spotted it as a trade so I know he bought it cheap.

Let me know
  • I wrote a message earlier describing the lease offer I got for the 3.2 CL -- 1000 down, 15000 miles, 36 months for 429 a month. The $1,000 down I refer to is TOTAL DUE AT INCEPTION--post tax, tags, destination everything. (the sale offer prices referred in my previous message are post-everything as well). I just wanted to clear that up for the person who assumed otherwise.

As for the person who is selling his CL-S for 26,500, it sounds like an ok deal, but I am more likely to buy new. After tax and financing, it would be just as much if I were to buy a new CL.
  • jayz2jayz2 Posts: 2
    Just got my new CL-P. Love it. Drives like a dream. My only complaint is that it does not have body side molding. Even Civics and all other cars built in the last 10 years have it. I know-it would lose some styling, but it would protect it in the parking lots that I have to go to. Is it available anyplace? Thanks.
  • jayz2jayz2 Posts: 2
    Just got my new CL-P. Love it. Drives like a dream. My only complaint is that it does not have body side molding. Even Civics and all other cars built in the last 10 years have it. I know-it would lose some styling, but it would protect it in the parking lots that I have to go to. Is it available anyplace? Thanks.
  • leighpleighp Posts: 1
    HI, I was wondering if anybody out there knows anything about buying the New Acura CL type S for the invoice amount, if you could please let me know at LDaBudge@aol.com . I have been looking around but there is only one dealer located in Roanoke and I want to explore more but, I do not know where to start. Please help!! Also I have a 1999 4-Runner for sale, it's a limited and if anyone is interested please email me. Thanks :)
  • I have leased my last few cars and the nicer the car (with a higher residual) the better the lease deal. I have shot the Acura dealer an offer of $450 per month (this includes tax @ 6.5%) with security and first month payment down. This is for the type S, and for a three year time period. He said he would check and get back to me, so I will let you know what happens. That seems to be in the ball park with the other responses, but I will stand firm on the $450. Good Luck!
  • Hello all -- I'm shopping for a new car and after driving the CL-S, am absolutely in love. Fortunately, my pregnant wife is OK with the idea of getting a coupe as our second car (2000 Subaru Outback Ltd for her...). Some important questions though:
    1) Anyone out there have a CL-S and little children (under 3yrs)?
    2) How much of a pain (or not) is getting a babyseat into the back of a CL-S?
    3) Worth it? (I think I know the answer here already, but your two cents are certainly appreciated...)

Thanks!
    ~d
  • 99cl99cl Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 99 3.0CL, I BROUGHT THE ALPINE CHMS620 CD CHANGER AND THE ADAPTER FROM CIRCUIT CITY AND GOOD GUYS. HOWEVER, THEY BOTH FIT IN BUT CAN'T CONTROL THE CHANGER. HAVE ANYONE INTALL CD CHANGER IN THEIR CL(2.3 OR 3.0)? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE. I WAISED 5 HOURS ON THE JOB, AND HAVE TO PUT BACK ALL THE PARTS THE I REMOVED IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET TO THE HEADUNIT. OR ANY PLACE (IN BAYAREA, SAN FRNACISCA CA)YOU GUYS HAVE YOU CD CHANGER INSTALLED OR RECOMMEND.
  • 99cl99cl Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 99 3.0CL, I BROUGHT THE ALPINE CHMS620 CD CHANGER AND THE ADAPTER FROM CIRCUIT CITY AND GOOD GUYS. HOWEVER, THEY BOTH FIT IN BUT CAN'T CONTROL THE CHANGER. HAVE ANYONE INTALL CD CHANGER IN THEIR CL(2.3 OR 3.0)? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE. I wasted 5 HOURS ON THE JOB, AND HAVE TO PUT BACK ALL THE PARTS THE I REMOVED IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET TO THE HEADUNIT. OR ANY PLACE (IN BAYAREA, SAN FRNACISCA CA)YOU GUYS HAVE YOU CD CHANGER INSTALLED OR RECOMMEND.

also, i heard that the 99cl does not need additional adapter to connect a cd changer.

so much trouble, maybe i should just sell my 7500 miles 3.0 and get the new one with cd changer. anyone in the bayarea looking for a 99cl? email me at jscott143@yahoo.com
  • canadianclcanadiancl Posts: 1,078
    Dougwski: Having gone thru the experience of 2 kids myself, I would say the trouble is not getting the baby seat in because once it's in, it stays in. You wouldn't have to put up with the hassle of taking it in and out. With infants, I found that the trouble with a 2-door is carrying the kid in and out. You have to get yourself at least halfway in the car stooped over carrying the baby. Could make for a sore back! But at least the CL-S has those power walk-in seats.
  • 300z300z Posts: 7
    I am looking at buying a new CL Type S. My Acura dealer has a one with 5,500 miles on it. It has been driven by the general manager of the dealer. It is a Type S with no navigation, but has the spoiler. What would be a good price to pay for it? Should I look at it like a used car?- it does have quite a bit of mileage. I think I'll offer $25,000 initially and hopefully settle on $26-26.5K. Do you guys think that's a fair price or do you think the dealer will laugh at me. The car is exactly what I want- black in color, spoiler, no DVD. Please give me your thoughts.
  • I agree 5,500 miles is a lot, but if the price is right it may be worth it. Remember, Acura has a great warranty and quality record. I just purchased the exact same car with 9 miles for $28,500 US. I am not sure what to tell you about the price, but $25k seems okay. Good luck!
    that's more "explicit" than what i said about my dealership (i pretty much stated only facts and no put downs), yet they threatened to sue (from what i hear).

and they don't go by consumer information? that is a load of bull schitt.

see, this reinforces my opinions on acura dealers as stated in the other cl type s topic on this site.
  • I purhased a 2001 Silver CL-S, (non-navi) in June of this year. I love the car. It has far exceeded my expectations for performance.

I now wish to sell the car for a fair price.

The car has 6000 miles on it and is in excellent condition.

I am in Arizona.

Any interest??
    yeah, uh, why are you selling it?
  • Dean

I'm relocating to New Zealand at the end of November. I've lived in NZ for most of the past thirteen years. I returned to the US planning to retire in June of this year, but circumstances now dictate that I have to go back to Wellington.

My motivation is to sell the CL-S for somewhat less than the fair market value but more than I could realize from off-loading it with a dealer.