Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura CL

Comments

• tomsrtomsr Posts: 325
    MY bubble has been burst because my trouble free
    CL has had a problem after 63k miles.The power
    windows did not work and it was caused by a bad connection in the door harness.I am glad I got the
    extended warranty.The repair costs $221 but I only paid $50.
  • cyranno99cyranno99 Posts: 419
    just curious.... how often do you use your windows?

I know that the Maximas have problems with moonroofs that are hardly ever use.... pretty bad when you consider how much they quote for fixing the problem.
  • johns1johns1 Posts: 4
    Has anyone had a problem with a "sticky" accelerator pedal on their CL? I have a 99 and would appreciate any input. Thanks..
  • danny25danny25 Posts: 119
    I don't know if this is the problem or not, but check and make sure your floor mat hasn't slid forward. This happened in my previous vehicle, when I depressed the accelerator pretty far down it would get caught beneath the edge of the mat for a moment when I released the pedal.
  • canadianclcanadiancl Posts: 1,078
    My CL also has a tendency for the accelerator to be planted to the metal.

Of course in my case, the culprit is my right foot! ;)
  • Does the 3.2 CL-S have adequate/comfortable backseats. I have yet to test-drive one, but from the looks of it, it seems rather cramped. Can two adults ~ 5'10" sit in the backseat with relative comfort, (without having to hunch over and cramp their legs)?

Also is $25k a reasonable price to expect to pay for a standard 2001 CL-S (before TTL and destination), considering sales are down 25% and the $3000 dealer cash. Or should i go even lower.

Thanks
  • jwilson1jwilson1 Posts: 956
    The rear seat is pretty good on all the 3.2 products and should be adequate for someone 5'10" though you'll obviously have to try it on. The trick, as with any coupe, is getting in and out, though the auto help to move the seats up is a nice feature.

$3000 cash back? What is your source for this info? I was aware of $1000 from the incentives board here at Edmund's but ....

Take care.
    Joe W.
    in your case, you might consider using your left foot, eh? :D

dmathew - adults in back? That depends on how far the front seats are positioned. As long as they are not FAT, I think they would fit just fine. All the seats are comfortable to me and I can compare them favorably with a BMW 5 series seats. Although, the feel of the seats between those two cars would be different.... very...

for a 2001? Hmmm... possibly.... good luck though
  • johns1johns1 Posts: 4
    it happens after the car has been warmed up. At a stop, I usually have to depress the accelerator a lot harder for it to get going. It doesn't have that smooth feeling when you first hit the gas. I just noticed this several weeks ago. I wonder if the throttle bore needs to be cleaned. Oh well, I will take it in and see what the dealer has to say. It's still under warranty.
  • jwilson1,
    Check the incentives board again. The $1000 dealer cash is for '02 CL-S
    I was referring to the '01 CL-S which has a $3000 dealer cash.
    Only if I change my name to Daniel Day Lewis, :))
    http://us.imdb.com/Name?Day-Lewis,+Daniel

but your acting ability would probably still sucks compare to his :D
  • tomsrtomsr Posts: 325
    The bad connection was in the wiring harness
    near the door hinge inside the door.It would have to be an assembly defect that took four years to
    develope.To change the subject I was considering
    trading up but was shocked at the low trade in value.Is there any car that's worth more than half it's price after 4 years?
    Yes, almost any Japanese car.
  • bjrichbjrich Posts: 125
    Our 97 CL2.2 is approaching 60K. We just put new brake pads on all four wheels as they dealer said the rears were more worn than the front. It cost$180.00 for the work. It seems odd that the rear pads were worse off than th front. (opinions?)
    The 60k service. Good deal or too much for very little?
    Advise!
    Thank you, and enjoying the forum.
  • mdanielmdaniel Posts: 47
    The front brakes do most of the work and will wear out first, all thing being equal. But if they put a softer pad on the rear, they will wear out faster. I asked a mechanic about this once and he told me that sometimes the rear rotors are a lot more expensive or labor intensive to replace so the manufacturer uses softer rear pads to keep you from chewing up the rotors and having to replace them.
    canadialcl - In your case, beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beer holder (unless you prefer wine :D)

Hmmm.. first generation CLs - I still say that because they are basically dressed up Accord coupes so their resale values are not that great. I could say the same thing about earlier TLs as well....

brake pads - I used to take my car to a trusted mechanic. He'd charge me less than 30 bucks for the work. I just bring in the parts... sometimes I would let him buy the parts at lower charge since he is a mechanic...
    In my case they'll have to drink a large quantity of beer to see the beauty :(
    Has anyone tested to see how much trouble you have to be in for the VSA & TRAC to actually have any noticeable effects? We've had a fair amount of snow here for the last week. When I went into a corner and the car started to plow, I didn't feel the VSA doing anything. I didn't try to get the car sideway so I don't know if that's when it starts to work. And accelerating on snow, the VSA light on the dash would come on, but it seems the tires are still spinning and slipping. Is there a lag time before the effects can be felt?