Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura CL

Comments

• fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    garypen-

LOL.. how'd I know that you would be the first to respond! Hate mall parking lots! Don't go there often. Nothing I have to buy!

As for the Z, I'm losing count. It's either 15 or 18 coats.

fastdriver
    PS Is this site SLOW today or is it my DSL? Just got a new eMac, so it can't be that! Seems to be taking forever to navigate. Could it be their NEW servers here?

fastdriver
  • garypengarypen Posts: 1,482
    They didn't have any men's computer's in stock? ;-)
    LOL.... I wouldn't own a PC if THEY paid me! My Macs have done everything that I want them to. STILL don't know WHAT a PC can do that my Mac can't. No viruses or security problems here! ;-))

Sometimes I think Chrysler is involved in the PC world with the way they work sometimes! ;-))

Anyone hear anything about any changes coming with the CL's or TL's?

fastdriver
  • verozahlverozahl Posts: 574
    2004 TL based on new Accord, 2004 CL may or may not exist, depending on how Honda-Acura feels on Judgment Day. >:(
    verozahl-

Thanks. Too bad because I like 2 doors! Oh well. When my lease is up, there are plenty of other choices. The new G-35 Infiniti coupe coming out in Novemeber looks interesting.

fastdriver
    Unfortunately, like so many other new Japanese cars, the G35 interior is hideous, like a low budget movie spaceship. The "edgy" exterior doesn't appeal to me either.
    The mechanicals sound great, though!
    garypen-

Take a look at some of the American cars with their new Star Wars looking interiors. Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it comes to that, I'll take "UGLY" and RELIABLE anyday over good looking and unreliable!

My previous "looker car" was enough for me! I'll take my "boring" looking CL-S, reliable car anyday!

fastdriver
    I have a CL too, bro. It's interior looks great.

I agree. A lot of ugly in many US cars, too. But, the new Japanese cars have more of that "Star Wars" stuff, easily. I've never seen so much silver/gray plastic in widespread use.

It's the current trend. And they have a very trendy culture.

As for ugly and reliable vs. good-looking and unreliable? It depends on how unreliable, because I refuse to drive an ugly car. Of course, beautiful and reliable would be my choice! :-)
  • bodydoublebodydouble Posts: 801
    Cars, or women? :)
    Wouldn't it be too early to pass judgement on the G35 coupe's interior? After all, no one has seen one in the flesh yet.
  • verozahlverozahl Posts: 574
    "What are we talking about here, guys? Cars or women?"

Must be women, because I don't think of Honda-Acura products as unreliable! >:)
    I've seen pitchurs of it. To quote the horse from Ren & Stimpy, "No sir. I don't like it".
    You're lucky not many women cruise these forums :)
  • Town Hall is now faster! If you were having troubles with your DSL, it wasn't your system, it was Edmunds. It was super slow for me, and I have a T1 connection, so what does that tell you?

Good to see it is working properly again!

Obi
  • lednameledname Posts: 23
    I'm eager to purchase a CL Type-S 6 Speed (no NAV). I'm trying to determine what a fair price is. Anyone have any purchase experiences?
  • vonlinzvonlinz Posts: 12
    Has anyone noticed a passenger seat rattle in their 2001 (or later) CL? I took it to the dealer who couldn't identify it after he fixed the moonroof squeal but it's definitely still there.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,393
    I apologize if this has been brought up before. Does anybody know the advantage of using an SOHC VTEC setup on the CL/TL Type S as opposed to the more traditional DOHC VTEC setup used in the high powered Honda 4s (& NSX)?

How does the LSD in the current CL Type s 6 speed compare to the ATTS in the Prelude Type SH? I can only think that the ATTS system is active and does not aid in launching the car from a stop, but is phenomenal in the corners while the LSD waits for wheel spin to occur and helps eliminate torque steer and makes the car easier to launch.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

But I think a SOHC design is less peaky. You can tune it for a flatter torque curve.

I think LSD basically activates when there is a difference in wheel speed whereas the ATTS will reallocate power based on a combination of wheel speed, yaw rate, lateral acceleration, and steering angle.
    I thought LSD activated when you put the Grateful Dead on the truntable.