Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado - Continued XVIII

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Just got sick so didn't install them...wonder if that was the cause of the sickness....
  • seeligseelig Member Posts: 590
    but you and i know he'll never admit it.....LOL
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    >left alone.....cost-$0.00<
    sorta like them cab air filters eh Tim?

Cost: thousands of dollars in doctors bills

PRICELESS haha
  • mbwhitleymbwhitley Member Posts: 32
    I knew you'd have a manual reference

Mike
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Member Posts: 387
    Your refernce to www.flir.com looks like infrared camera technology. Was I missing something from the website or do they sell lights as well?

Thanks,

Jim
    My truck was in the street. Dad backed my moms blazer out of driveway went at an angle right into the rear quarer panel of my truck. Tail light is scuffed up under the tail light is scuffed up and next to the bumper (lower rear quarter panel) the paint is gone and there is a dent.

My moms blazer is has a chunk of paint off the rear bumper.

Bad thing i seen it happen

I didnt see the dent until i took a closer look cause the rear is covered in mud

What a nice day &*^$^&%#%$#%*##%$#&
  • tomh12tomh12 Member Posts: 240
    Sorry for your loss.
    Have your made the arrangements yet?
    I can't imagine how you feel, though I have experienced comparable loss.
    When will the services be?
    If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
    It's tough to lose your dad, especially when you strangle him yourself! LOL

Think I'll go cry in a beer.
    Tom
    Sorry about that....there no links at the flir site ....for lights anyway. Too bad GM didn't install the same system that they have on the caddys. Would really help with watching for them deer.

mbwhitley

No problem....info is free....not same for those dam manuals....
    No problem with the link. You are correct, it would be nice if we had the infrared technology on our Rado's. Maybe someday..........

Meant to ask you... what do you do for a living in Hawaii?
    anyone have the rear quarter panel of their truck (from the top of the bumper down) rhino lined? Might be a good time for me to have this done. Just gotta get the dent out first
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    need is a "hi4" setup so all 4 are on for Hi Beam. About $20.
    sorry to hear about your truck man! But at least now you have the rugged 'off road' look... JK

txyank1 where can I get that? And only 20 bucks? How does it work and is it easy to install?
    in Sport Truck. I think I even saw them at Pep Boys. JCW would surely have them. I'm sure someone on here has one installed. I haven't but supposedly pretty simple. It's just a wiring thing. I'm pretty sure the price is $19.95.
  • gator36gator36 Member Posts: 294
    If the dent isn't too bad, a paintless dent professional can remove it without having to
    add body filler. Unfortunately they will have to paint it for the scratch.
    I had a the same thing done on my 2001 and my old 1997 truck. The results were nothing
    short of amazing.

Walter (Gator36)
  • mpalombompalombo Member Posts: 186
    Sorry to hear about your truck. That sucks!

-Mark
    Thanks I will have to keep an eye out for it!
  • y2kgmcy2kgmc Member Posts: 23
    here is a link to the high four conversion kit it is $19.95 http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm?categoryid=7&subcategoryid=27&partfamilyid=132
  • blackmax200blackmax200 Member Posts: 255
    Middle daughter started driving on her own this week.... I put up the highway cones around my truck every night, so she gets the picture!

matthew
  • xyz71xyz71 Member Posts: 179
    He drove until he was 91. 5 foot 3 inches tall - drove the largest station wagon ever built - 70's something Ford LTD with the fake wood rear quarter panels. He backed part way out of our driveway - then across neighbors yard - not just a little bit on the grass - but over the sidewalk that lead up to their front door - then over the curb and right into a car parked 25 feet from the entrance to our driveway. He gets out of the car and says - why the hell did the stupid SOB park right behind me!!! From that day on when Gramps came to visit - everyone moved their cars.
    Here is the damage. :( I wish paintless dent would get it out but the paint is also gone. I may just get the dent out and rhino line both side just above the dent down. I have lots of nicks as it is from rocks.

Here is the blazers damage (pic didnt come out good sorry). Also the tail light and some of the paint under the tail light is messed up

Heres my truck right under the tail light. Dont think wax will get that out. Also my tail light is messed up (wish i had the tail light guards on)

Heres the rear quarter panel. The black plastic part of the bumper is also all scraped and scuffed up but you cant tell. I dont care to much about that
    You should just leave it as is....gives the truck character and brings it closer to you know who's '52.

jag

Drop me an email...it's in my profile.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Damage doesn't look as bad as you make it sound. Not a good kind of accident (if there was one) to report to insurance company. Deductible on each vehicle, dad at fault etc.

I put the 3M invisible bra where you have the dent. It wouldn't have helped, but no stone damage either.

Anyway...good luck.

Tom
    that was total disrespect towards the Rado, and we Rado guys need to show these mini truck drivers that we ain't messin round no mo..........
    good luck on this on now!
    .....BTW check email. :o)
    it doesnt look as bad because it isnt clean. I have mud all over the side. I didnt even see that the plastic on the bumper is messed up till i wiped some of the mud off.

Oh well monday or tuesday ill let you know what the scoop is from the bodyshop.
    is what chafed the plastic..........don't worry though, if it looks bad and bothers you, it can be replaced real easy. each pc. is around 20 bucks. my center cover was replaced for 18 bucks, and not because it was scuffed, but because two homies "barley" heet eet weeth a dumpster eh.
    yeah right, it was more like a 1.5" gash.
    i dont care about the plastic part in the bumper. I also dont care about the white stripe on my tail light. I think i can buff that out. To bad i didnt have my tail light guards on :( Could have had a real world test hehe
    then it can be buff out to look like new. shops that specialize in plexi and lexan materials do this sort of polishing all the time. the one i use to work at, would sometimes do it for nothing when the customer would also purchase some of our plastic polish.
    i actually buffed alot of it off the tail light. barely noticable now
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Episode was called..."When parents attack"
    i was brutally attacked
  • gator36gator36 Member Posts: 294
    I had similar on another vehicle and the body shop quoted $250.00 to do both sides of the truck.
    I had some stone chips as well, so I had both sides quoted.
    I dropped you an e mail.. check your inbox

Ryan,

My condolences buddy... hope you make out OK at the body shop this week.
    Got tired of that Poron system and installed the Rostra over this past weekend.

http://www.rostra.com/rostra-obstacle.htm

May look into some of the other stuff they sell. BTW, the build quality is no comparison. Sure wished I'd heard of these guys sooner....would have saved myself $150.00.

You've got mail.

How did the search turn out for Hunter dealers in your area?

• minikinminikin Member Posts: 389
    comin' out with paintless dent repair.
    -- Don
    i know :(
    Thanks I just got your e mail. Expect one back soon.

The search for the GSP turned out to be good. There is actually quite a few within 4-10 miles from my home. Thanks much for the link.
    that's definately a whammy.........
    buy your pappy a pair of glasses.......LOL
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    oh yeah....them cab filters!..........got 'em someplace in the garage.....maybe I change them?....

Cost - $??....Can't remember....

Hi beams.....why spend the $$ for new bulbs that are not burned out?....if must spend money on Beam...make it Jim..

Good Luck on this one now!

- Tim
  • morin2morin2 Member Posts: 399
    (like I tell my kids when they swallow watermelon seeds)

Deduct the damage from your room & board ! What, you say, your folks are still feeding and housing you for free ? (just kidding...no offense).

Seriously, you may want to consider explaining what happened to your insurance agent & asking if it makes sense to file a claim or not. No harm in asking (don't just automatically assume that your insurance will go up - the agent should tell you).

And most important, be happy that your Dad is still around & hopefully will be so long enough for you both to look back on this some day & laugh about it (I bet he feels worse about it than you do).
    I agree...Not even worth claiming.......When the 'Stang got backed into I just paid a buddy that does body work a few hundred to fix it up for me.....

Good Luck

- Tim

.....in this case there may be 2 premiums that go up....both in the same house!
  • denn777denn777 Member Posts: 52
    My son ordered a new 2002 stepside about a month ago and the dealer is saying he has no info on it, re build date, etc.
    I know when I ordered my 2001 I found a lot of info on build weeks, phone #s to call, etc. The way the board is set up now I can't find these posts.
    Can someone sort of summarize how he can go about finding out when and where and the build week. Thanks.
    denn78961@wmconnect.com
    Well took my truck to the bodyshop today

$258 to repair the dent and scratches. They have to remove the bumper and fender flare. They are only painting from the crease (under the z71 sticker) down. Not a bad price. Also they will have my truck for a day and a half. Probably take it in thursday

My dad took my moms into the chevy dealer they want $409 :0

They found a dent we didnt see and the bumper needs to be painted. I am taking it to the place i took my truck tomorrow. Hopefully they can paint the bumper and do paintless dent removal under the tail light unlike the chevy dealer they were gonna pound it out and paint :0

Oh well itll be fixed soon!

oh yea as far as insurance the deductable is $250 so its not being claimed. My dad talked to insurance this morning dont know the details except they (dad) are paying for the damage.

"And most important, be happy that your Dad is still around & hopefully will be so long enough for you both to look back on this some day & laugh about it (I bet he feels worse about it than you do). "

Im not mad about it or angry with him. I actually did laugh the day it happened.
  • obiggsobiggs Member Posts: 33
    HELP, my parking brake goes all the way to the floor and still is not enough to keep it from rolling down my 2% driveway. I looked under my truck and where 1 cable goes into 2, and it's tighten all the way (from the factory?) anyone having the same problem?
    I find that one hard to believe Babs.....

- Tim
    why do you find it hard to believe?
  • mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    Mine went to the floor and wouldn't hold. I took it to the dealer, and they replaced the 'Star Adjuster' under warranty. Now it still goes to the floor, but it holds.

My other Silverado's parking brake pedal goes 1/2 way down and holds much better. But, it is a 2500 and has different brakes.

Mike L
  • mckeownscmckeownsc Member Posts: 15
    Can someone please clue me in as to the differences in the rear end ratios (3.42/3.73/4.1)?
    What does this translate to power wise? Is the lower number more power or vice versa?
    What would be the best for normal driving most of the time?

Thanks for the help/
    the "lower" the gear ratio hence more "power".
    The 3.42's are fine for all around driving. Especially with the 5.3 engine. 3.73's give slightly better off the line acceleration, better to get under way with a load or when towing, better in hilly terrain with only slightly lower mpg. 4.10 for serious work. My opinion. I don't haul or tow and have always had the 3.42's.
This discussion has been closed.