Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Problems

Comments

• quadrunner500quadrunner500 Posts: 2,728
    Go easy on Ndahi. It's getting to him. He hasn't heard of these problems so it can't be true. (Don't try telling him the the earth is round.)

A dependable toymota truck like his with 15,000 miles is flawless! But by 60,000, his long running I-Farce desperately needs rubber belt transfusions to remain counted among the living!
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    But those flawless toy boys will post no
    matter what....................geo
  • duckshooterduckshooter Posts: 156
    I had one chip, slightly smaller than dime-size, appear on the roof. I thought it was maybe from a stray BB-size steel shot pellet from when I was goose hunting a field last year. But after reading numerous other folks describe similar chips, I wonder.

I used touch up paint and since it's on the roof to begin with, so I don't make a big deal of it. Otherwise, I've noticed that the paint overall is vulnerable to nicks and stone dings - one thing I would not rate highly on the truck.

Two years, 22,000 miles and no mechanical trouble - will ask Toyota to adjust the seat belt tensioners on my next visit for maintenance.

Jeff
    Believe my V6 4Runner had the timing belt - I don't exactly recall. I sold the truck at 96,000 miles and hadn't had it replaced. Guy who bought it asked and I told him no, I hadn't had it done -so it was a consideration in the asking price.

Incidentally, that truck had been manufactured in Japan in 1990 and its paint was in exceptional condition in 2000 - looked only a little worse after ten years than my current truck at two years.

Jeff
  • ricschricsch Posts: 540
    What kind of fuel economy do you get with a 4x4 Tundra with the V8?

Also, thanks for the responses re: timing belts.
    My 96 Caddy Northstar with DOHCs are
    run by CHAINS ! Why don't the superior
    I-farce v-8 use 'em instead of rubber
    bands ? Just a thought..............
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    It seems like little yappy chihuahuas have free reign here.

hillhound May 8, 2002 8:50pm

I see no mention of peeling paint on the hood or otherwise. Could you be just a little confused?(Like your Tundra wannabee compatriots?)

I did a search on peeling paint on Tundrasolutions and could not find a single post. Could it be the TundraWannabees are fabricating problems?
    I get around 15 in mixed driving here in DC. I avoid a lot of the stop and go traffic with the hours I work.

On a trip to Alabama I averaged 21 going there - empty. Towing my bass boat back I averaged 15 on the highway. Overdrive off in the hills - which is about half the time. Probably could get as much as 17 on flat land towing.

Normal in and around towing I get around 13-14.

In my V-6 4Runner I used to get similar mileage towing, a little bit better for in and around mileage. Major difference is the size of the tank, which is a real plus on long trips. In my old truck, 300 miles and you were looking for a gas station. Tundra goes around 400 on the highway.

Another big difference is behavior - if you "step into it" with the Tundra, it will destroy your mileage.

Jeff
    I made a roundtrip to Mt. St. Helens. I was carrying two passengers (besides myself). I was traveling 75 - 80mph on the interstates for most of the trip. I had a 3000ft climb to Johnson observatory and a small distance in the city. I got 19.5 mpg. I was impressed.
  • h0udinih0udini Posts: 118
    If the Cadillacs and their Northstar V8s are so superior, why is Lexus the most popular luxury vehicle in North America now?
    Check over there again...Severe paint
    chipping not peeling ! And GM and mopar
    peelers were in the early 90s. It wAS
    PPGs fault not the mfrs. PPG paid for
    it all................Geo
    Ever owned a Caddy? Ever driven a stretched
    Camry ? I have.. GIVE me that 275 horse V8
    anytime...Driven by chains not belts !
    Wait till the new CTS puts Caddy back on
    top again !..geo
    But how does that change the painful fact Lexus had dethroned Cadillac as America's most popular luxury vehicle? Obviously, most people don't share your opinion, do they?
    I checked. Please post a link to a severe peeling problem. Like I said - I did a search and found nothing. I predict total silence on this one!

Is she is just another liar or a Tundrawannabee? She certainly doesn't own a Tundra. It is sad to see unfortunate GM owners such as her and the Chihuahua relegated to making up Tundra problems and posting them to this group.
    What cars or trucks do u or have u owned ?
    Check back a few posts ask duck about
    his chipping paint...Then go over to
    www.tundrasolutions.com
    and do another search...look for engine
    knock too ! DENILE is not just a river !
    GOOD LUCK ON THIS ONE NOW !........geo

BTW: go over to the sedans thread here
    Check out a few of lexus problems threads
    Suprise..Suprise !!!!!!!!!!!
    So you are admitting that you were lying about Tundra paint peeling? You being a lemonado owner - I can't blame you. Since your credibility to this topic was zero to begin with - don't worry!
    your hand and read my profile to you.
    A while back...No vehicles posted..
    DID you JUST update it ?
    Makes me wonder about trolls popping up!
    GEE; You don't own a tundra either !!!!
    Quit skirting my question with your nonsensical diversions. If the Cadillac and its chain-driven V8 are so superior, why is Lexus the most popular luxury vehicle in North America?

Or are you just going to post some more nonsense about timing belts and hearsay from online disgruntled Lexus owners?
This discussion has been closed.