Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado Problems

1666768697072»

Comments

• obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    is for a clunk in the steering when going over bumps. Nothing mentioned on grinding.
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Posts: 387
    You beat me to it again!
  • tafostertafoster Posts: 13
    Hum... no clunk just the grating feel on turns. Will see if it goes away, maybe something when the tires were rotated, haven't actually noticed it occuring the last couple of days. Have 1000 since the tire rotation.
  • ricschricsch Posts: 540
    I agree with obyone. Use a clay bar, such as Meguiars or Mothers and this will clean up the finish. Better than having the finish buffed too. I have a dark carmine truck, which hides the "rail dust" but after going over with the clay, it's smooth like a new vehicle!
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    It seems that knocking engines is a big problem with GM. They are refusing to repair them. Does this mean that new car and truck buyers can expect their GM trucks to knock, and not have GM do anything about it?

If this behaviour is normal - why don't they all do it?
  • kcowboykcowboy Posts: 33
    Where did gm go wrong, why can't they make a new truck without so many problems. Do they think the "big bad bowtie" thing are "like a rock" is all they need to sell a inferior product are is it just complacency in the factory.
  • greyfox99greyfox99 Posts: 5
    99-04-21-002 APR 99 Four Wheel Drive Inoperative

I would like to hear more about this, today I put my 99 z-71 in 4WD and it was having difficulty, light would go on for a second (going into 4H)then it would go out, finally got it to stay (then back to 2WD) and now the "Service 4WD" is appearing in message center and it will not go in at all, will not go in the Auto 4WD either.

Truck only has 40K, and has spent very litte time in 4WD.

Any info on the above TSB or info on similar problems and resolution is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jody
    Buyer beware!

GM is now saying now that knocking engines are "normal". This means that any new new truck buyer stands a good chance of buying a truck that sounds like a paint shaker. When the new truck buyer brings their paint shaker in for repair - GM will tell them that it is "normal" for new truck engines to knock, and that they should buy earplugs.

If it is "normal" for new GM engines to knock - Why don't they all do it?

It is too bad that GM evidently cannot consistently manufacture "full size" pickups that don't knock. Many truck buyers shun diesels because they have too much engine noise. GM says engine noise (up to paint shaker status) is normal!!!!

Ford had a manufacturing defect a few years ago that caused knocking. They hid their heads in the sand for two years claiming that it was "normal". Eventually, they relented and honored their warranty. Why won't GM do the same?(without waiting two years) and pissing off all of their current loyal truck buyers.
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    GO over to that "other site". Seems the
    I-force toyota engine has knocking
    problems too.....
    What about the sludge issue toy denied !
    Been reading about the toyota dealers
    attitude is in denial like GM......
  • tomh12tomh12 Posts: 240
    If you say that the "Toyota Tundra Problems" topic is for Tundra owners, as you did in this post............

#1136 of 1136 Get it back on track guys... by pf_flyer HOST May 13, 2002 (04:22 am)
    A point well taken. The point of the topic is to have a place for Tundra owners to discuss and share information on problems that they may be having with their vehicles. Hopefully the information will be helpful. Flaming each other and each other's choice of trucks is NOT.

This nonsense of trying to prove that one brand is better than the other by taking shots at each other is WAY past old and needs to stop.

PF Flyer

Host.........

Shouldn't you be telling Bamatundra and the other Tundra owners who come in here posting the same redundant post 10 or 15 times that this topic is for Chevy/GM owners to post and discuss their problems??????
    I think you should be consistent don't you?
    Bamatundra has posted the same garbage in this topic and other GM related sites at least 15 times.
    Might as well shut this topic down, as there is nothing but Tundra trolls posting to flame GM.
    Tom
    You might check your misinformation. This is the first time that I posted about GM engine knock to this topic. I made no mention of Tundras - You did!

Are you feeling just a little insecure about your knocker?
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Posts: 2,728
    Are you feeling just a little insecure about your LEMON?

http://www.lemonlaw.com/lemonlist.html

Call now! 1-800-LEMON-LAW

The services are free. You have nothing to lose except your LEMON!
    Been on the old "DELETE" button again????

I'm not the one posting misinformation. I just feel sorry for you disgruntled import buyers who settled for less than full sized trucks.
    Tom
    Seems like you two want to keep changing the subject. I know it is very painful for both of you, but the topic is not Tundras, it is knocking Chevies.

I admit that I am surprised to see Quad post to a Chev topic - he is usually lurking in Tundra topics posting how HUGE his truck is. That's funny - Tom is also bragging about how HUGE his truck is. Oh well.

Now - back on the subject. Do you think that Chev will ever repair the knockers or will they just cut their loyal customers loose? Do you think that someone who bought a knocker will ever buy another GM vehicle?

GM's short term money saving decision could cost them in the long run.
    I believe your statement in post #2142 is:

"You might check your misinformation. This is the first time I posted about GM engine knock to this topic."

Well, what do you have to say about this little statement you made?????..........

"1569 of 2145 abottorff by bamatundra Nov 22, 2001 (12:03 pm)
    "I noticed while trying to track down my pinging problem (#1533) that my throtle seems to stick if you hold it at fast idle 1500rpm then realease or quickly press the throtle down and release it seems to take a few seconds to come back down to normal idle (500 or so) is this normal?"

Unfortunately, you will find that GM says that ANY problem they can't fix cheaply is "NORMAL" . This includes excessive oil consumption and engine knocking.

My advice: Trade it in on a Tundra soon."

......Can your credibility get any LOWER?????

LOL
    Tom
    Let's check the old credibility here, OK?......

You said your post 2139 was the first time you had posted about the GM engine knock in this topic.

BUT......

We have proof you posted about this in post# 1569, post #2136, AND post #2139. How embarrassing this must be to you!!! Would you like to apologize for saying I provided misinformation???
    Tom
  • bpickens1bpickens1 Posts: 3
    In response to post 2131....I was driving down from the mountains this weekend and while on very twisty roads I noticed (for the first time ever) on a few left hand turns I could hear and feel and grating noise coming from the right front tire area. It kinda sounded like the tire was rubbing something. Have never heard it before and it only happen a few times, but fairly loud.
    Have no idea what it was, and haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
    Anyone else ever deal with this?
    Aren't you being just a little bit of a hypocrite? This is the tally of unfortunate GM owners posting to the Tundra problems topic since the 1st of May (13 days):

Quad - 20
    Truthteller(sic)- 3
    Sonja - 20
    KG11 - 7
    Oby - 6
    Tom - 7

63 posts in the last 13 days - and Tom is whining about three of my posts in the last 6 months!!! LMFAO!
    Calling me names does not give you your credibility back.....sad, but TRUE!

You are calling me a hypocrite??? When you can't refute the facts, attack the the one who posts them???

I apologize to all the Chevy owners who came to this topic to discuss their problems, for ruining so much good "white space" with proving what we already knew.....Your posts are tripe, and are not to be believed.
    I'll not respond to any more of your worthless drivel.
    Tom
    I'm not calling you names. I am just stating a fact. 63 posts from GM owners in the last 13 days to a Tundra topic! Don't you think that certain GM owners are just a little insecure? Quad and Sonja have 40 posts between them to just the Tundra problems topic.

How many posts have Quad and Sonja posted to the Silverado problems topic in the same time period? See what I mean - there are a few misguided Chev owners that inhabit any Tundra topic. They seem to prefer posting to Tundra topics rather than GM topics. I cannot understand this.

Could it be Tundra envy?
  • kg11kg11 Posts: 530
    to Tundra topics rather than GM topics.I cannot understand this"

Have a look in the mirror.You're HERE, aren't you?

TRUCK ENVY?
  • whatsachevywhatsachevy Posts: 136
    Since PF doesn't want to seem to take control of the GM threads, other than to shut them down, I'll take control for him.

Bama, why don't you crawl back under your Japanese rock and stay the hell out of the GM threads! I'm tired of wasting my time reading your garbage. Every GM thread on the Edmunds site is full of your worthless [non-permissible content removed]. You don't own a GM product, so why should you be so concerned about them (must be you really want one, but aren't man enough to handle one). I don't post on your Tundra threads and can't understand why you can't provide us the same courtesy. I'm sure if you would leave, GM owners would be more than happy to leave the Tundra threads to you and your fellow Tundra owners.

PF, I have received a lot of valuable information from the Edmunds site. However, not everyone has the time to read through all the crap that gets posted here to pick out the stuff that is worthwile. Perhaps some day, Edmunds will take back their site and figure out a way to block individuals who have nother better to do than stir the pot, day after day after day!

Sorry to all the GM owners for wasting this space, but this IS getting rediculous.
  • tafostertafoster Posts: 13
    #2148: sounds like the same thing I'm experiencing, odd it is on left hand turns. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, didn't hear much (keep turning CD off/on on turns) but did feel like something was rubbing. Mine started after the tires were rotated. Did take it back to the dealer but they couldn't find anything. Does seem to be less frequent but still occurring.
    Since GM owners are posting at least 20 times more posts than me to the Tundra problems topic, shouldn't GM zealots welcome me here?

I know that you guys deep down are really dying inside to know a Tundra owner's perspective. Isn't this why Quad and Sonja are always helping out in the Tundra topics?
    A tundra owner's opinion I'd ask the tatooed,cigar smoking woman down the street.I'd also ask her what the rainbow sticker that says "silly boys,trucks are for girls" is all about.And why she hates men.And why aren't any of the civilized Toyota owners here?

Answers?
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    Most of my 20 posts over there were
    about snowplows and rust and the FACT that
    no major plow mfrs. make them for
    Tundra ! It wasn't my fault you and
    others cannot accept FACTS !
    Plain and simple ! I simply posted that
    other site for other toy owners to see
    the FACTS that toyota does not make a
    PERFECT truck ! (NO ONE DOES)......
    But bama I will tell ya what you and
    others make Edmunds THE BEST SITE on
    the web !...............Geo

BTW: To stay on topic my 01 2500 will
    have its 1st troublefree HARD workin'
    birthday tomorrow.......
    You guys just aren't used to hearing a Tundra owner's perspective! When I hear 63 posts to the Tundra topic in the last 13 days,- it tells me that Tundra owners haven't been communicating with GM owners enough. Although it will be difficult for me to catch up 63 posts, I will do my best!

I'm sure that the Chev Silverado owners are just as willing to hear a Tundra owner's perspective on Chev Silverados as Tundra owners are willing to hear 63 posts to their topic in the last 13 days about how HUGE the Shakerados are. No need to thank me.
    63 posts in 13 days? Compare that to Toyota trolls in the now archived "GM Engine Knock"

STILL no response? GOSH ,I'm SOOOOOOOOO surprized,BTW ,I can see you're trying your best to top 63 in 13 days.At your current count for today,you'll make it before noon tomorrow.
    I'll do my best!! I know that Silverado owners have really secretly wanted to know what a Tundra owner thinks about their truck. Sort of like the 63 posts from Chev owners to the Tundra topic in the last 13 days. Some kind Chev owners have told us how HUGE their trucks are. I am eternally grateful!

I will do my best to keep up with the kind Chev owners posting to all of the Tundra sites. I just hope I can keep up! Wish me luck!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,892
    This is NOT a contest to see who can create more posts in the other guy's problem topic.

I'm shutting down the topics where you guys continue this nonsense. Should it start up again, you're gone. Plain and simple.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.