Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado Problems

Comments

• seeligseelig Posts: 590
    i liked the last post before the one you edited. LOL
  • "According to posts, the Tundra onboard computer requires an extra second to complete diagnostics and start the ignition sequence. This is normal and will require owners to keep the key in the start position for a little bit longer than most people are used to. "

you think its pathetic to call piston slap normal, its normal for toyotas to need three cranks to start lol
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    "Until then, it's pretty obvious that the trucks WORK for what they are needed to do...."

How well has your truck worked for the four months it spent in the shop. GEEZ - some people never learn!
  • minikinminikin Posts: 389
    How can you possibly confuse rod knock with piston slap?
    -- Don
  • Finally ,the truck from he** is going away, see my post at post your lemons here if you dare. I will never own a 8.1 again , on saturday i picked up a 2002 with 6.0 2500hd what a pleasure to drive a truck that likes to stay running
  • how many of the trucks sold are really work trucks? i am sure it is a small number unless you consider using your truck to commute to your job as work. work truck is a term used mighty loosely in this topic and work is a four letter word that makes all the blood drain from my wifes face when she hears it.
  • bamatundra: A toy tundra as a work truck make me laugh. I use my 2001-2500HD 4x4 as a work truck everyday & plowsnow with it too. My neighbor has a toy & put a plow on it & after one yr. it is a piece of junk, 3 different dealers & not one can make it stay to gather. He's now trying to get them to buy the tonka toy back so he can buy a real truck (he's own words). Dealers said he needs to buy a FULL size, humm what? dealers telling you that Tundra not FULL size. The whole problem now with TRUCKS is people want to use them as a second car & weekend truck. They think it should be a car not a TRUCK. He!! we use to hose out the Truck on the inside, now they have all the frills. You now have to order a work truck if you want a TRUCK not a toy truck.
  • mledtjemledtje Posts: 1,123
    My Silverado is not a work truck, it is a play truck. I have 52,000 miles on a combination of two Silverado's and 48,000 miles have been carrying a 2000lb load.

A friend of mine has a Tundra and tried to tell me how his Tundra was better than my Silverado. When he finally figured out that his Tundra couldn't carry the load that I've carried troublefree for 48K, he quieted down. When he discovered I get the same gas mileage loaded that he gets empty, he shut up.

Alot of noise, but nothing to back up the noise.

Mike L
  • First time in town hall and first time posting, so forgive me if this has already been addressed. Has anyone else had problems with the auto transmission in their 2001 Silverado? I had 16K on mine and had to have the whole transmission overhauled. This truck has been treated like a baby, no towing, no fast starts, a true old man's truck.
  • ndahi12ndahi12 Posts: 235
    2/3 of those who buy trucks get them for regular day to day transportation.
  • and my coolant does not look to be low. No visible signs of leaking. My 2001 5.3liter has only 2500 miles on it. Can someone give me a clue?
  • rayt2rayt2 Posts: 1,208
    It's probably a bad sender unit and covered under warranty, bring it back to dealers for service.
    Enjoy your Truck :-)

Happy Thanksgiving !

Ray T.
  • Ok this is a new one....my turn signals make a static now when I flip them on....any ideas what this is?
  • minikinminikin Posts: 389
    through the sound system, it's probably a bad antenna coax or radio ground.
    -- Don
    It is typical for Chev owners to want to compare the Tundra 1/2ton to their 3/4ton Chevs. This just proves to me how WEAK the Chev 1/2 tons are. Ask Oby his Chev 1/2 ton is seldom out of the shop.

Remember this - In order to work a truck, it can't be on the top of a service lift. If anyone should know this simple fact well it should be Oby - his lemon Chev has been in the shop over 4 months.
    of your way to flame Oby there aren't you Bama?
    any chance of you lettin it go?
    it has gone way beyond what would be called rediculous.
    thx
    Geez, you get your feelings hurt easily!

1. Oby started this thread in post #1540 (You better check quick because Oby will be deleting it soon!) I hardly call responding to a thread "going out of my way"

2. I didn't flame Oby - I actually like Oby! I just pity him sometimes for buying such a Chev Lemon. He could have bought a Tundra and had zero problems. I stated that his Lemon has been in the shop over 4 months, a fact that Oby himself has admitted.

The Chev vs. Tundra threads always end up "Mah 3/4 ton" or "Mah 1 ton" Chev will haul more than your 1/2 ton Tundra. To me this says that Chev owners don't want to compare their WEAK 1/2 ton pickups.

This reminds me of Oby comparing his lame donkey to a thoroughbred. I just don't understand it! At least he can correctly spell "ridiculous"
    i guess every town has a stalker.......:-))
    you're right about the fungus thing though.
    Would you like some cheese with that WHINE?
    Only Seelig could call someone who responded to a thread a stalker.
  • mledtjemledtje Posts: 1,123
    It was a 1500 Silverado that I loaded with 2000lbs and drove to Alaska and up the unpaved Dalton Highway to the Artic Ocean.

It hasn't spent time in the shop; it has been totally reliable while carrying more weight than a Tundra can carry. I'll admit that a 1500 is WEAK compared to a 2500, just like my buddy had to admit that his Tundra is weak compared to my 1500.

My buddy made alot of noise about his modern engine vs. the Chevy pushrod antique. Of course, my old engine makes more HP and torque than his 'modern' engine while delivering better fuel economy.

There are more reported problems with new Silverado's than with the Tundra's. But, that has more to do with the fact that Silverado's outsell Tundra's 10:1. Why do you suppose 10 times as many people buy Silverado's?? Couldn't be because they are better trucks could it?

Alot of noise, but nothing to back up the noise.

Mike L
This discussion has been closed.