Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado Problems

Comments

• I see you live in Alaska. I have never been there, but have wanted to go since I was about 10 years old. I had a flight student who moved up there and he invited me to come up and he would show me around, but I never took him up on it. Yes it was +24 degrees which probably is pretty warm for where you are at. However, a number of years ago I compared the wx in Anchorage to that of Omaha and was surprised to find they are somewhat close in the wx extremes. When I lived in Mont. and Wyo., I got a lot of that - - - below zero wx. In Wyo, I worked a lot outside --BRRRR!! On the heated seats - they are great. They don't take too long to heat up. When it is cool, I usually start it up about 5 to 10 minutes before I leave, turn the seat on at that time and by the time I leave it will be noticeably warm. Never had such luxury before - it's great. What does ROFLMAO mean?
    cowboyjohn
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    My A__ Off!
  • dch0300dch0300 Posts: 472
    I found this web site helps me to understand what some of the acronyms posted here mean.

http://www.acronymsearch.com/

• I had a 2000 Sierra 4x4, black that had a problem with the paint. The primer was showing through the thin layer of paint. That was a problem truck, which was bought back by GMC.
  • ak4x4ak4x4 Posts: 126
    No offense intended by the comment. Just was funny. Most people don't have that option up here. I always wondered why. Flight Student that lived up here?? Riddle grad here '00. But not in AVSCI. Did manage to get my COM MUlTI ticket while I was there though. Back to the subject at hand. How did your truck startup in colder weather?? Like in the teens and below 0?? Mine seems to be fine even with plugging in the block heater, just want to give it time to heat up the oil!.

And to those with the fan problem. The lower the temp, when you start your car in the morn, you will hear a sound for about 10 secs to 30 secs depending on how cold it is. It was -5 last night and it made the sound for about 10 secs and then quieted down. Remember that it has been sitting in that all night. It will freeze up and get cold just like the block, so it's not a GM problem it's a weather issue.
  • gator36gator36 Posts: 294
    2001 Chevy 1500 Ext cab Z71... Just broke my lumbar
    support in the drivers seat. I can't believe this.
    I only weigh 145 lbs and the thing broke on a mountain access road.

Oh well. The dealer ordered a new seat frame and will relace it when it comes in.

Walter
  • No offense was taken. As to the starting, it has started very well - just reach inside and turn the key. However, we have had a very warm winter here. I believe the coldest we have had was down to about 15. Unlike, Wyoming a few years back when we came in off of graveyard shift and it was 41 below. The only vehicle that would start in a group of probably 30 cars was a 1948 Buick. The rest had to be pulled. I don't have a block heater, but I do let it warm up a few minutes before I drive it. I am having a 40x60 shop built, so next winter it will set inside instead of out in the wind.

dch0300 Thanks for the acronym list.

cowboyjohn
  • You got what you payed for when you bought that GM TRASH!! Just add oil every time you filler up.
    AS rube the dope would say good luck on that one for now!
  • Ever since I got this truck NEW in 2000 it has always done this and still does ,when in drive going up a incline or while driving on the hyway and you go to excellerate itll produce a sound that seems to be coming from the rear end (clanging)it will not do it in 3rd gear or while in tow mode,have gone all the way to BBB with truck but only got a extended warrenty out of GM and I was told by GM rep that I had purchased a full size truck with the smallest engine and thats way it did it,in other words they admitted that their new vortec V6 wasnt worth squat,Im just wondering if anyone else has a 4x4 V6 and has had the same problem,Thanks
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    their new vortec V6 ?

New? Isnt it the same engine they had been using in previous yrs and other models like the blazers?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    The old 4.3 was brand new in the truck but not by design.
  • nerdnerd Posts: 203
    Gator, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. The dealer had to replace the back recliner mechanism in my 2000 Sierra. Hard to believe that they couldn't even get the seats right!
  • crosley4crosley4 Posts: 295
    or had any other trouble with my 2k Silverado 5.3 truck.

I don't have to add oil to my Ford F150 Super Crew neither, but it's only 4 months old.

thank gawd I did not purchase one of the little Tundra trucks I looked at. I needed a truck that full size humans would fit into.
  • Ok it may not be a new design,but it was suppose to be a more powerful V6 ??? LOL,well anyway thats what it said in the showroom catolog,the thing Im trying to reslove is either I got screwed with this truck and there is something mechanically wrong with it OR the full size V6 4x4 trucks arent worth a damn power wise....
    my mom has the 4.3 in her blazer. Compared to my 5.3 it doenst have close to the power the larger one does. Most notable is going uphill. The 4.3 seems to run out of steam and mine loves hills. The steeper the better.
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    Better check the latest Motor Trend. That "little Tundra" truck outhauled and outbroke a Chev 1500HD with a 6L engine.

I think that Chev has a lot of nerve calling their puny 1500HD "full size". It does make a nice minivan though.
  • Could you just STOP we don't care if you love your Toy or what it does!!!! This board about SILVERADO'S not Toy's-- OK. I think if you keep putting your 2 cents in about how great Toys are I'm going to the Toy boards & bombard them with how great Chevys are & how bad my neighbor's Tundra is. Why don't you get it,your not welcome here were tired of the same crap out of your mouth. I know about freedom of speech but your a pain in the a$$. Get lost !! PLEASE
  • mledtjemledtje Posts: 1,123
    He's just jealous. He even feels better when he comes on the Silverado board.

But, while he still has a Toy truck, the only way he can feel better is to try and cut down the ones he is jealous of.

Just remember the reason he is here, and leave him alone..........After he hangs around with the real trucks awhile, he'll buy one!

Mike L
  • I know what your saying but I'm sick & tired of the same crap from him post after post.
    everhart

check out

http://www.gm-trucks.com

All gm owners none of this stupid bs

This discussion has been closed.