Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owners hangout

Comments

• Were the trucks without the switch crew cabs? I ask because none of the '04 or '05 CC's I saw on lots when I bought my '04 extended cab had this switch. I think GM prefers you to use the back seat for children / small adults in the crew cabs. I didn't check, but I'd bet the crew cabs also are missing the LATCH anchors on the front passenger's seat also. (My extended cab has this)
  • They were: extended cabs, crew cabs, regular cabs, Avananches - pretty much every cab style (1500 & 1500HD series). The 2500HD seems to still have the switch, not sure about the 3500. This may discourage folks with children from buying GM (especially if they're looking for a regular cab).
  • The pass side airbag is now activated/deactivated by a weight sensor under the seat. The rearview mirror has a display indicating if the airbag is on or off. Its the same system used in the Tahoe/Suburbans.
  • This system was already in the 2004's. In addition to the manual (key operated) switch my truck uses those same sensors. I think the key is just a nice "safety" feature to guarantee that the airbag will stay off while a child is in the passenger's seat.
  • vaughn4vaughn4 Posts: 106
    Any one else out there have the blasted differential whine at certain speeds? Mine is at 35 to 50. Now the dealer tells me this is normal and ALL the trucks have it to a degree at different speeds, or at least my type of truck does(1500 LS Crew Cab 2WD w/ the 3.21 rear end). Said if they took it apart and "fixed" it that they may make it worse than it is now. We did drive another truck similar to mine, to make his point, w/ 2500 miles on it and the whine was actually worse than mine. This is my first Chevy truck, I've only had F-150s' before and they did NOT exhibit this "normal" noise. Now I'm thinking I should have stayed with the Fords (which never gave me any problems). Other than that the truck seems to be pretty solid (for now at least). Any comments?
  • no they don't they are very quiet trucks. After I got mine fixed (see post above) it is very quiet. There is some slight noise at low speeds but not at any normal driving speed. My suggestion: keep all receipts showing that you are complianing, (document for the future) and go to at least one other dealership. Also if you are sure that it is abnormal, spend the money to take it to an independent trans. shop and see what they have to say... it might be worth it.
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    NOOOOO!!!!! Man I leave for a few weeks and look what happens.

Oh yea I have a new job and home (moved 150 miles away) but the same old truck haha It has a garage to park in now. I am now down in Indianapolis.
  • vaughn4vaughn4 Posts: 106
    It's quiet at highway speeds and very low speeds just noisy at 35-50 and quite noisy right at 42-43 mph; that's the highest noise point (high-pitch hum). I've had quite a few people tell me some noise is to be expected and the majority do it at that speed. Maybe my hearing is too sharp. I've also heard old time stories where people put in banana peels and saw dust and it quieted things down. Can't do that though it's under warranty. Hopefully it won't get any louder. What a pain!!!
  • txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    Congrats on the new job and the new home Ryan.
  • >>#4644 of 4646 OBYONE by ryanbab Jan 27, 2005 (5:46 pm)

NOOOOO!!!!! Man I leave for a few weeks and look what happens.

Oh yea I have a new job and home (moved 150 miles away) but the same old truck haha It has a garage to park in now. I am now down in Indianapolis. "

See what happens! Did you take Jess with you?
    Yea shes down here with me. Starts school in the fall.
  • Good for you both! Tim would be proud too, except he never changed his cabin filter and died from emphysema...lol...
  • noobie1noobie1 Posts: 326
    "Been fun"? I hope that didn't mean your leaving us any time soon. You're too good of a resource to lose to some dang 'ferrin' truck thread, Ha!. Besides I'd like to hear how Nissan compares to GM in the way they treat their customers. Thanks for the tips on re-programming. I'll check 'em out.

-David
    I talked to Tim right before xmas (and mike too). They are both doing well.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    LoL!! I'll still be around as bad habits are hard to break. Hypertech did good with their original programmer. Unfortunate for them they didn't continue in their R&D to improve on their product as they had the edge being the first one out there.

Ryan-

Installed some westins on the truck...now the cab mounts squeak lol!!

Quad-

Is yours a '04 or '05? And yes the pumpkin is small but still larger than a tundras.....lmao....
  • Oby, I have the '05 beta...aka (it's an '04)

I've made a modicum of posts over at Titantalk.com under my own name (Tom Roper).

I've taken some arrows for calling a spade a spade. A few posters behave like ex-tundra owners.

It would be great to have your observations. You were never shy about the truth.

Anyway, my '01 Silverado 2500HD Duramax was truly a solid truck, and had an AM radio that could actually receive stations. On this Titan, I hit "seek" and it goes across the whole AM band without stopping once. But on the whole, after some initial hiccups, it's a pretty enjoyable ride. It is almost a full size truck! Good luck on this one now! Lol...

Warmest regards to everybody...

email me: motronix@vsdrives.com
    you got a titan too? I am in the twilight zone?????
  • You unlock this door with the key of imagination...

Beyond it is another dimension...

A dimension of sound...

A dimension of sight...

A dimension of mind...

You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas...

You've just crossed over into...THE TITAN ZONE

(hey, we still have the '90 Blazer, comin' up on 200k miles. We've not sworn off bow ties.)
  • tm01tm01 Posts: 14
    Are the rear seats in the crew cab completly removable? fold down or up?
  • chevy4mechevy4me Posts: 203
    I haven't posted lately but still have my 99 Silverado. I just got an 05 2wd Tahoe and am trying to get recommendations on 20 inch tires. I asked over at the Tahoe thread but thought I would try here as well. Thanks
  • Am I the only one who doesn't care about datsun pickup trucks here?
    You are not alone. I don't care about datsun pickups either.
    Got some Goodyear Eagle LS 275/55R20 on my '02 Denali. Not a bad tire at a good price.
  • dch0300dch0300 Posts: 472
    Titan..........doesn't a French company (Renault) own Nissan now?
    Correct.

Nissan became a different company after that, introducing the 350Z, Titan, M45, and G35.
  • Oby, head over to the Titan topic so I can ask a couple questions. Thanks! (Join us Ryan)
  • hello! Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you had any information on what difference you could tell with a hypertech power programer 3???Thank you!
  • I have been looking for a while to put some sort of chip on my silverado 1500. I am just struggling with the fact that the hyper tech power programmer 3 is 350.00$! I would like to know if anyone on here has already done so and if so was there a significant gain of power?? Please let me know. Thank you.
    If you need to reprogram for different size tires, wanting firmer shifts and programmed shift points along with running premium fuel....there are better products out there besides the Hypertech IMO. I have one and while not disappointed think you can find better value elsewhere.
  • First prerun of 06's come off the line tomorrow. New hood front end rework tire press monitors and a slew of emission changes
This discussion has been closed.