Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owners hangout

Comments

• eater_33062eater_33062 Posts: 34
    DEAN, HAVE FACTORY 3.73'S & WHAT THEY CALL LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE. THIS DAM WHEEL HOP IS" DIIVING" ME CRAZY. I WOULD THINK THAT THE Z71 SUSPENSION PKG WITH THE BILSTEEN SHOCKS WOULD PREVENT THIS.MY GMC IS A SLE MODEL & HAS ALL OPTIONS ON IT EXCEPT FOR POWER LEATHER GUTS. EVEN HAS PLOW PKG' NOT THAT I'D EVER USE IT, BUT THIS TRUCK IS THE SECOND ONE, & THE FIRST ONE SQUATTED DOWN IN FRONT, & WAS MISSING SOME OPTIONS I ORDERED' SO DEALER REORDERED & I PUT PLOW OPTION ON FOR HEAVER FRONT TORSION BARS. NOW TRUCK SITS PROUD IN FRONT. IM THINKING A LOT OF THINGS , VELVET RIDES? HEAVIER SHOCKS, SPRING LEAF CLAMPS (HOME MADE) USED WHEN I DRAG RACED SHOULDN'T NEED T-BARS,OR MAYBE I JUS GOT BAD SPRINGS & SHACKLES FROM FACTORY. I KNOW THAT SOME 2WD'S HAD THIS PROB REPLACED SPRINGS & SHACKLES, SOME GM BULLETIN CAN U HELP? NEED IT BAD.!!! LH TKS.
    I FORGET TO MENTION TO YOU THAT IN CHEVY RADOS PROBS. #134, WHAT YOU WROTE CURED MY PROBLEM WIT THE BUMP/CLUNK / BLUE FLUID. TKS LH. ICOULD RITE MORE BUT HANDS & FINGERS 2 BIG FOR DAM KEY BOARD SO I SHORTN WRDS TAKES ME FOR EVER 2 WRITE 1 LINE DIG. TKS AGN ,LH PS HATE TYPEN ANYWAY, RATHER TURN WRENCHES!!
  • chris191chris191 Posts: 14
    For Silverado and Sierra: Does anyone know of a way to bypass the automatic headlights, other than depressing the dome light override switch 4 times? Although the system is kind of slick, I would prefer to able to turn on my headlights at will without having to do the override each time. I would also be very happy to get rid of warning tones for lights, seat belt, etc. Is there a reversible fix for this? Thanks, and everyone have a nice weekend.
  • careyacecareyace Posts: 44
    Check out this site they have some cool stuff on there. I have one of their headlight toys on my truck ,it was easy to install.I think they may have what you are looking for.It is the automatic headlight over ride. ID# 1253 and is priced at $89.95. http://www.truckautoaccessories.com
    also you can take a look at my truck at http://www.picturetrail.com/careyace hope this helps Andrew
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Posts: 2,240
    Any chance one of those Bilsteins is bad? Durn springs are so hard anyway I don't think the old bounce on the bumper trick would work unless you weigh in over 300lbs.

Jim
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    what is your tire pressure? Is the limited slip engaging when the wheel hop is occuring?
    jim,i think the shocks are ok only 3500k on truk. when i take it in they can check them with me watching,gettin tired of doing their job for them u no! tks lh
    I B RUNNEN 35PSI ALL ROUND COLD THATS WHAT WAS ON DOOR,& CHECKED WIT TIRE PEOPLE THEY SAID SAME PSI. I THINK THE LTD SLIP IS ENGAGED LEAVES 2 BLK MARKS WHEN IT SPINS,WAT U THINK OBY? PS P265/75R/16 DAM FIRESTONE WILDERNESS AT'S FOR RUBBER. TKS LH
    OBY,DO U THINK IT MIGHT HAVE SUMTHIN 2 DO WIT THE AUTO TRAC 4X4 TRANS CASE SYSTEM? LH LIKE CLUTCH DISCS IN THERE? NOT IN 4WD WHEN HOPPING
    how much throttle is required to break the tires loose? Is this under hard acceleration? or is it like having a hard time moving the truck forward without spinning the wheels?

BTW, I checked for any TSB's on this one and unfortunately, there are none.
    DOES IT A LOT WHEN WET OR SNOW WORSE ON PARTIAL GAS, BUT IF U FULL THROTLE IT AND WHEELS GET SPINNIN SEEMS IT DOES IT WHEN WHEEL SPIN SLOWS DOWN. ALSO JUST WHEN THEY START 2 SPIN SHE POUNDS.TKS LH
  • chris191chris191 Posts: 14
    That auto-headlight override gizmo looks like the fix - thanks for the tip. I looked at your truck page - nice looking vehicle, and nice list of options.

Chris

Thanks to obyone, too, for his input.
    D., CHECK OUT THIS SITE I FND IN MY TRUKIN MAG. www.activesuspension.com your thoughts on this 4 my situat. lh
    Works well, not sure if it will help in your case though.

I can't hear the sound it makes and that makes it more difficult to figure. Has to be one of three things. Either shocks, springs, or limited slip. Again, it depends on the sound it makes. It could also be a combination. I would have another dealer look at it, checking the springs and shocks first. I would think a tech would be able to tell on a test drive. Not sure if your current dealer is motivated enough to help you out.
    DEAN, I THINK I WILL TRY RAS SOUNDS LIKE THE THE RITE ROAD TO TAKE. U NO WHERE I CAN GET AT A GOOD PRICE OUR CDN DOLLAR ONLY WORTH 50 CNTS OF YOURS. I'M SURE RAS WILL KILL MY PROB. A QUESTION? HOW DID U GET THE GRANATELLI MAFS 2 WRK WITH HYPERTECH PROG 111. HYPER TOLE ME DEY WRNT COMPATABLE. WAT UP WIT THAT? I ALWAYS WNT MO POWER LIKE U TKS A LOT LH
    Bought mine from:

http://www13.inetba.com/mrbobsdistributing/promotions.ivnu

I heard the same thing about the Granatelli and the HPIII. I installed the Granatelli about a month prior to the HPIII. Disconnected battery for half an hour when installing the Granatelli. Month later installed the HPIII programming and had no problems.

• avalanche2avalanche2 Posts: 2
    I am a new GMC Sierra owner and am looking for a bugshield and spray in bedliner. Any suggestions?
    I have hear about TRUCKLOGIC for a bugshield and PERMA-TECH or LINEX for a spray in liner. Has anyone purchased these products.
    Thanks.
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    I have a lund interceptor and a rhino spray in. Really like em both

$49 for the bug deflector

$375 for spray in

pics

http://www.picturetrail.com/ryanbab

• michgndrmichgndr Posts: 160
    I picked up a Bugflector II for $42. Works great and no sweat to install.
  • pjcavpjcav Posts: 80
    I got the Line-X for $325, have no problems and it looks good. Had a Rhino-Liner on my old ford, no problems with that either. Went with Line-X this time because I like the texture better. Either way you cant loose.
    pat
This discussion has been closed.