Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owners hangout

Comments

• Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    You might try stopping by AutoZone or a similar shop. I had an experience like this recently with a Toyota Celica - needed an O2 sensor and didn't know which of the two "versions" of the 2000 Celica we had. AutoZone was able to pull up the list of possible parts and determined that we could tell the difference by the 8th character in the VIN number. Who knew??

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• txyank1txyank1 Posts: 1,010
    Hi George. Don't think I do remember Hoffman's. But I'm at that age where I don't remember too much anyway. :(
    I probably didn't get the "cup" right either. But then I never claimed to be a carpenter.
    I was in NY over Memorial weekend. Daughter and I drove up....straight thru...31 hrs each way! :cry: Averaged 21.04 mpg with the Av (3.42 gears). The only place I found gas over 2.80 was in NY State! Topped off at 2.98/gal. before heading back.
    Truck is still looking good Ryan! One of my Sportsides had NO coating underneath the rear fenders and side of box. It was nice to be able to wash under there and have a clean body-colored inner fender.
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Truck hauled the 2200lbs of concrete a few months back great. A little sag but I would say thats a given
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    You should've borrowed Tim's truck. I'm sure he'd lend it to ya course with a few words of wisdom on overloading a 1/2 ton. LOL! ;)
    we all know his is the 2500 LD version hehe

I am going to be changing my cabin filter soon. Last time I talked to him he still hasnt changed his
  • hws49hws49 Posts: 3
    ndfan, I too recently purchased a 2006 Silverado V6 5-speed. I find that I have to push the clutch almost all the way to the floor to get it to disengage. The dealer said it was self-adjusting, and there was nothing they could do. From looking at it, that appears to be the case. I can get it in gear ok, but I have a hard time driving it smoothly, and I've driven a straight shift all my life. What I wouldn't give for an old-fashioned adjustable clutch. If you find out anything that can be done, please reply, and I'll do the same. I'm hoping that as it wears it might get better, but if it keeps self-adjusting, who knows.
  • grabowskygrabowsky Posts: 74
    I noticed what looks like a small radiator in front of my gas tank. What gives?
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,497
    USA Today link

And the accompanying article here

Looks like an enlarged Colorado to me...

kcram - Pickups Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    I have read a bunch of comments on this truck in the gm-trucks.com forum. Very few like it.
  • aik262aik262 Posts: 9
    AIK262 hey, i bought a 2004 v6 5spd, same problem, just got let clutch surfaces break in a bit,My 3rd gear would catch pretty good when I up shifted.
  • millerfordmillerford Posts: 10
    We just bought a new Chevy Silverado 2500..Duramax, Alison, LS model...about 3 or 4 months ago. This truck has been nothing but trouble. Everything that could possibly to wrong with GM's crappy engeniering did go wrong. We traded in our 2001 F-350 7.3L PSD..best truck possibly ever owned. I would give the world have it back over this heap. Time was taking it's toll on the Ford, but it still ran better and had better power, torqe, looks, and engine than this Silverado. I am a Ford man, but thought why not give the other guys a chance. Now I know why i'm a Ford man. GM just really lost themselves yet another consumer of their crap!!! Never will own another one again! Now i'm looking for a used F-250 with the old 7.3L possbly a 2002. We used the 2001 to tow our six horse trailer...no problem towed like a champ..but we sold it and got two 3 horse trailers...Sundowners...amazing trailers. So yeah :sick:
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,225
    Based on your forum name and bio: "I'm 16 and on my first Expedition, well hopefuly my first of many. I love Fords hate GM with a passion:) I don't think you can get any lower than you are with a GM product:)):)).

Who would have imagined you'd have trouble with a GM?? Let us know what has actually gone wrong with "your" 3-month truck and maybe we can help? Or maybe not!
    What was wrong with it? Power, torque, looks, engine? That should have been noticed before you bought it. A simple test drive would have been a good comparison.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    I think the I'm 16 part says it all...
  • aik262aik262 Posts: 9
    wow, thats a change, they lost truck look with new front grill and lights hopefully the inside looks better, the tahoe looks better then that
  • hws49hws49 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info aik262. I'm hoping it will loosen up
    as it wears.
  • pickles077pickles077 Posts: 30
    Poorly designed front end. The front bumpers are painted where the slightest contact will mar the paint. Bring back
    our chromed bumpers with vinyl rub strips.

If I have to buy a truck with a painted front bumper it will be a Toyota.
    P.
  • grabowskygrabowsky Posts: 74
    Of course that kids story is bogus. I have a new 2500HDwith the Duramax(360hp and 650 f/lbs of torque). Don't even try to tell me that any stock F-series engine makes even close to that power level. Yet he claims his old Ford was more powerful.I don't have anything against Ford diesels except they are noisy and the 6.0 seems to be a piece of crap(at least according to Ford).
This discussion has been closed.