Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owners hangout

Comments

• 87lion87lion Posts: 166
    I have a 2WD x-cab LB with the 4.8 and auto. I consistently get 21-22 highway and 17-18 in mixed driving. I haven't towed anything but have done a fair amount of hauling and am happy with the power. I also have a mid-high cap which weighs about 200 lb. but probably reduces drag.
    If that's $1000 under invoice and then subtract rebates that is a fantastic price. What a difference a year makes. Last year I got $300 over invoice and norebates and thought I got a good deal. Go buy a truck. And have fun!
  • gonzo7gonzo7 Posts: 259
    I'd really rather find a used one so I don't have to pay $2K of taxes and plates.
    But...I have read a lot about annoyances in 99 and 2000 models that GM has seemed to have fixed.
    Anyway, while I wait, I've been e-mailing local dealers about new prices.
    The best yet is $500 under invioce, plus I keep the $500 factory rebate, plus, they'll include a free bedliner.
  • emptyempty Posts: 14
    EPA rated at a disappointing 11/14. Expected better than 2500[LD] because C3 doesn't use the 4L80E transmission that's supposed to be a power sink. MPG sounds similar to what folks got driving around in 4WD all the time.

Maybe it's just me, but on this list of gas guzzlers, one of the vehicles doesn't seem to be in the same class at the others.

• The C3 is AWD, it's exactly like driving around in 4WD all the time - and hence the mileage rating.
  • bcobco Posts: 756
    also, if i remember right...it comes standard with the 6.0L vortec. that's gonna drop your mileage a bit too.

bco
  • dch0300dch0300 Posts: 472
    Pocahontas,

There are already too many Chevy truck discussion topics.

All the real Chevy Truck discussions are still taking place in Chevy Silverado - Continued XVII. Always have been....always will be. It's like a tradition now, ever since it began years ago. Even if we do deviate from the exact intent of the title, the posts have been very beneficial to many people.

This topic is dead and should be deleted.

-David
  • hunter98hunter98 Posts: 273
    The less and more active topics the better, it allows everyone to see and they can skip over posts that wander a bit.

Hunter
  • bcobco Posts: 756
    you vill all be kviet now! der vill be NO more discussion ov closing topics we have opened. der vill be no deviation from stated topics. zis forum exists for people to learn, not participate! stop railing against our authority at once...or pay ze penalties. zat vill be all!

zincerely...ze management
    Now let me see, if I want to talk about Chevrolet Silverado trucks (in general) I can go to one of the following topics......

1. Roadside Cafe: Your Place to hang out and talk.
    -or-
    2. Truck Stop: Pickup discussion.
    -or-
    3. Chevy Silverado / GMS Sierra - Owners hangout.
    -or-
    4. Chevy Silverado - Continued XVII

....but which one do I chose? I don't want to have to post my statements on all 4 do I?

I do have a 2001, so maybe I should only be posting in topic "Chevy Silverado (2001)", unless I'm talking about accessories, then should it be topic "Chevy Silverado Accessories", unless it is an accessory to fix a problem then should it be topic "Chevy Silverado Problems", but then what is the definition of a problem?

I'm so confused.....not all good information on a Chevy Silverado that is given out by the knowledgable participants is posted in all the possible "correct" topics.

Guess I just have to read them all to find information.....(gulp).....even the Tundra vs. the World topics.

-David
    Good ole Ryan may have had the best idea of all, just leave this site forever.........or did he?

-David
    Checked out my engine hours last night.
    I have 43 engine hours and 1210 miles.
    Average is 28 mph. Kinda slow. But then again I normally drive 3 miles to work every day and the speed limit is 35 mph.

-David
  • check the engine hours??
    press the trip odometer reset for about 4-5 seconds until engine hours are displayed.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    is always looking....trust me....

it would kill him not to look....LOL

..and Poco sets this up for gabbing.....so skip it over if ya don't wanna conform.....heeheee

- Tim
  • I live near Pittsburgh, Pa. and i'm ready to buy a GMC1500 SLT extended short bed . Best price i've found is invoice with 4.9% interest up to 36 months. Would like to know if this a good deal. Thanks...
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    iF ANY of you guys are waiting for a new truck or
    car. And you think that dealer is lyin to you why
    that 8.1 or diesel or HD is takin forever
    Punch up WHEELS.COM they list ALL mfg.hold ups
    deletions etc....
    That sounds like a good deal. Make sure you get any rebates as well. Check Edmunds' list of incentives. They are pretty accurate.
  • I too have been following the wheels.com site and many of these forums ... especially those at www.pickup.com ... GMC trucks. Please see my post topic: Two 2500HD 8.1L 4WD CC SBs Coming, One Available ... Friday was a very good day ... you explain it?
  • Oops ... that web site should have been: www.pickuptruck.com
  • Welcome to the Pickups Message Board.

To follow up on 87lion's advise, here's a direct link to Edmunds' list of national incentives, rebates, and lease information.

You may also want to check out our Consumer Advise Section. Good luck and keep us posted. ;-)

Pocahontas

Host

Pickups Message Board

• To respond to post #98 "There are already too many Chevy truck discussion topics."

You may have a good point. If you think it will help to close/consolidate a few of these, I'm open to suggestions... on which ones?

-Chevy Silverado 2500 LD vs 2500 HD 6.0 GMC
    -Sierra 1500 vs. CHEVY Silverado
    -Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra's w 8100/Allison
    -GMC Sierra/Chevy Silverado 2500 & 3500 - II
    -Differences between Chev C/k & Silverado.
    -Vibrating Chevy Silverado Buyback
    -Chevy Silverado Problems
    -when is the 1500 sierra crewcabs coming out?
    -GMC Sierra owners
    -Chevy Silverado - Continued XVIII

To name a few....

On the other hand, some people prefer a mansion to a 2b apt; so we can also let it remain as is... if people prefer. Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to email me with your suggestions. ;-)

PS: don't suggest closing this one, it's too active here. Talk later.

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    eliminate:

-Differences between Chev C/k & Silverado
    -when is the 1500 sierra crewcabs coming out?
    -Chevy Silverado 2500 LD vs 2500 HD 6.0 GMC
    -Vibrating Chevy Silverado Buyback

and most importantly the one that I predicted would be a loser....

GMC Sierra Owner Reviews
  • I'm interested in purchasing a 2001 Silverado. Question: Does anyone know of a dealer within 600/700 miles of Richmond, Virginia who will sell a Silverado below, or at dealer invoice and without adding extra charges, i.e., processing fee, prep charges, etc.? I ask this because I know of a dealer who sells GMC's at $200 below dealer invoice. The only addition is a $60 local sales tax. I know this to be factual because an associate recently purchased one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Maybe that's a reason to buy a GMC rather than a rado. As the rado is the more popular of the two while the GMC is supposed to be a "little" more upscale. With that kind of pricing, I would buy the GMC. You may want to fax Chevy dealers in your area and ask them to match the invoice less $200. Or you could email all the internet managers at each Chevy dealership and see if they would be interested.
  • should you not be using the word advice rather than advise? Jim Carr
  • but since my edit window has passed, can we forgive the error and just focus on the message?
    ;-)

Happy motoring!

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
  • Back to the C3 discussion... Any ideas as to why the C3 is rated at 11/14mpg while the Yukon Denali with its extra mass is rated at 12/16mpg? Same drivetrain, both running 3.73's, what gives? Any C3 and/or Denali owners out there with actual numbers they could post? I'm a potential buyer, and just curious. Thanks!
    resistance caused by the open bed.
This discussion has been closed.