Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owners hangout

Comments

• I can't agree. Pitch and volume are not related. Pitch is frequency (typically measured in hertz) volume is ... well... volume, (typically measured in decibels). My human ears have no trouble telling the difference between quiet high pitches and loud low pitches.

Not an arguement, just have a hard time letting you mis-state facts.
  • titus1titus1 Posts: 45
    what are you talking about?
    Rick
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    You need to either delete #143 and #144 OR just #144 along with this one. Hey [non-permissible content removed], this is getting old real fast....ya know!!
  • Either that or let's just start all over. Here's the original post that started this whole subject:

#127 of 148 Horn pitch by ckulus Feb 10, 2001 (04:16 pm) Hello, Is there a way to change the pitch of the horn in a 2001 Silverado 1500? If there is, then I have another question: exactly where is the horn?

Titus- Being an audiology minor in college, I know what willimjo (post 143) is talking about. People in previous posts were using the word "pitch."

"Pitch" has to do with frequency... (hertz level) high/lows of a particular sound. In layman's term we could describe these high/lows as soprano vs baritone.

Now "Volume" has to also has to do with "decibel level"; in layman's terms that would be how loud something is... i.e. from a whisper to a shout.

In other words, pitch and volume have two different meanings. (something a lot of people mix up) So the real question is was Clukus asking about the pitch/hertz level, or was he referring to "volume" or the decibel level?

Until we have the answer to that, there's no point in quibbling over this any more. Btw, if this message doesn't help clarify a few things, let's just move onto another subject. Okay? Talk later. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
  • the hell is going on here?????

Allen-
  • and this might make a little sense to you. If not, just as well. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
  • sartisarti Posts: 16
    I know this has been beat to death but can anyone give me some info on leveling out my 2000 Silverado Z71 ext/cab other than lowering the rear end? I know it's suppose to be like this so when your hauling a load it will level out. But I don't haul that many heavy loads. It just looks bad to me. Theres about 2 1/2" to 3" difference (as you all know) has anyone cranked the torsion bars and how much does it take? How was the ride afterwards? I really like my truck, but this is driving me nuts. THANKS
    rear tires....screwin with the torsion bar for three inches will substantially roughen the ride. From the sounds of it, I would go with the 2/4 drop to get it level since the truck isn't a hauler why not get it to car height?
  • their opinion on certain heated matters, let please move on to an appropriate subject for this discussion.

Several posts were deleted because they were not within the guidelines of our Town Hall terms of use. In addition, for the sake of continuity, other messages that were in response to these posts were also deleted.

If further explanation is needed, please send my an email. Thanks.
    PS: This message will soon be deleted.

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
  • which 2001 Chevy truck to buy. 2001 SB,ExtCab 4X4 (loaded) 2500 w/ 5.3 or 1500 w/ 6.0. Don't trailer over 5000 lbs and will probally supercharge whatever I buy...so is the 2500 really going to last me longer due to the increased size of the individual components? I would get the 2500 with the 5.3 but it is not offered in 2001.
    neither is the 6.0 in a 1500 less you want to spend $40 for a C3.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    what I was thinking....unless he means the 1500HD?

- Tim
  • eric2001eric2001 Posts: 482
    2500 didn't have 5.3 ever, and the 1500HD is a Crew Cab only, so must be the C3 - answered your own question?!?!
    -Eric
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    2500 Did have a 5.3

..in 99/2000.....Non-HD style body...7200 GVW 5.3 2WD

- Tim
    ray had a 5.3 2500 '00 silverado. Black if my memory serves me correctly. and yep 2wd only.
  • I traded my 98 chevy Z71 exCab in on this truck..It stickered for 34000.00...No problems except for the windshield seems to be a rock magnet..One chip repair already and a few nics..1000 miles...Going to Daytona 2200 miles round trip in a week or so pulling a tandem trailer 7 by 12,elec brakes,7 ft high,around 5000 lbs..It towed the trailer on a test run in Tow/haul most excellent..I really like this truck...

Lloyd
  • hunter98hunter98 Posts: 273
    2000 1500 GMC Sierra Ext Cab SB 4x4 Slt 4 dr 5000+ lbs empty. 5.3L 3.73 265x75R16 Michelins. Drove 450 Miles to Louiville Ky. Last weekend. Myself and Dad in the truck. Drove 65-72 MPH, got 13.7 mpg. I average per tank around 13 and range from 11-14.5. My 99 with the 5.3 got a good 2mpg plus better mpg under identical conditions. It was a 3 dr and weighed a few pounds less. Every motor and truck is different.

If you are that concerned with gas milage buy a new 2wd ext cab 4.3L auto 3.42 rear end. And you should get 20+ on the highway.

Best of luck

Hunter
    16 city
    18 hwy
    lead foot
  • 87lion87lion Posts: 166
    2WD x-cab, auto, LB, 3.42. I'm getting about 17-18 mixed driving, over 21 highway.
This discussion has been closed.