Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Accessories and Modifications

losthat1losthat1 Posts: 93
edited March 20 in Hyundai
I would like to add a trip computer to my Santa Fe. HDKautosports.com mentions one, but I can't find it on their site. Any suggestions on where to look on that site or on another? Tx

Comments

• kim532kim532 Posts: 19
    I was on the other topic(poor man's lexus) where I saw a link to a website that actually showed Santa Fe's with the wood dash added on. I tried looking for it again but I haven't been able to find it. If anyone can point me to the message # or just reput up the link I would appreciate it.

I am considering it but I would like to look at the pictures again and I would like to show my husband.

THANKS
    Kim
  • dinoqdinoq Posts: 5
    kim 532, you'll be able to find it at www.wooddash.com

Dennis
  • Hi Kim.

There are several wood dash kits out there. I bought the one from wooddash.com but have since learned that http://www.dashcover.com and a few other have them as well. The http://www.wooddash.com kit has 13 pieces total and that dashcover.com has 17!

I think both sites have a choice of woods and brushed aluminum as well as carbon fiber if that's more to youer liking. You should also check and see if it's real wood or not as dashcover I believe has both wood and simulated wood. Make that formica as it were and there's really nothing wrong with that.

I just happen to like real wood even if it is coated in epoxy. I work with wood so I feel happier with it.

But browse around and look before you buy. Hyundai even sells a wood dash kit but I don't know for how much or who makes it.

Good luck.

Rich

• hung0820hung0820 Posts: 426
    Actually every Santa Fe already have the TRIP A & B to calculate the trip miles. However, If anyone need Digital Multimeter System that specially made by Hyundai and only available in Korea! Please place a call in HDKautosport.com and ask to order. They don't have it on the site because I think it is illegal in USA. You can also get the Automatic Climate control as well. I think the only reason why the USA does not allow the Digital Multimeter because this will ruin the market in the USA. Suprisely you can order but install it yourself. There is a manually come with it. I can't wait to get my hand on it 2 weeks from now.
  • Hung,

Hey guy, when you get that digital multimeter installed can you take a picture or two and post them, or send me a copy? I am interested in how easy it is to install, and to see what features it has. If is is only available in Korea but we can get one from hdkautosport I am curious to know if it has Korean or English text on the screen! Another thing I wonder about is if it has a dimmer for the screen. If so does it work in conjunction with the dimmer switch for the dash lights or does it work separately.
  • Does anyone know of a different style brush guard for the Santa Fe other than the stainless Fusion model? Just don't care for the look of that one. Not that there is
    anyhting wrong with it but living with polishing all the time is a royal pain. Something
    a bit more ......... well.. Aussie looking if you get my drift here. Maybe in a powder
    coat black and not tubes?

Thanks,
    Richard
  • We love our LX 4WD and want to install a trailer hitch. The factory one at $395 scares us off with a note that it is for the 4 cylinder engine. I have found two hitches on the net, a tube type construction and a traditional boxy type. Also looking for sources that have the trailer wiring kits that plug into the SF's system. Any ideas? Looking for wisdom out there. Thanks , John
  • Does anyone know where I can get the chrome front end that the Korean models have? It replaces the grey part that goes around the top of the front grill.

James
    Hi richardr4,

I am from Singapore, and a recent owner of the SF. Loving every minute of it. I am not exactly clear what you're looking for but I do think that the brush guard that I have on my SF is different from those that I've seen for the USA market. A photo of my SF is posted here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/dinoq62

Dennis

• Hi Dennis,

Nice looking vehicle and not a bad brush guard. It's close to what I had in mind but not quite.
    I can see where yours makes sense however. It protects the nose yet doesn't really over power the lines of the Santa Fe.
    I'll see if I can find something from another maker that looks like what I have in mind. With my luck it wil be on a Peterbuilt!

Thanks,

Richard.
  • Dennis,

Your SF looks great. Where did you get the brush guard and the body trim?
    Hi Blkstar,

They are original Hyundai SF accessories and were fitted by the agent. Not clear if they are available for the USA market. Haven't seen any being offered on any USA-based web sites.
  • Dinog - Loved your Brush Guard and Side Bars. We can't get them in Canada. The Canadian Accessories just came out recently and they are pretty boring. There is a Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Three types of Trailer Hitches, Bike Racks, Complete two piece wood dash kits, (one for around your instrument panel and the other for your dash), cargo mats, cross bars, nose masks and that's about it. We're going to check out the wood dash on Saturday, so we'll let you know what it looks like.

I wish we could get the side bars and bush guards here.
  • OK so maybe I screwed up. Anyone out there installed these pieces?
    They fit the opening around the fenders fine but there is no way that I can get them up and tight enough to drill holes in the inner fender area. There is a good half inch gap in the center underneath and the center tab doesn't come close to allowing a drill to do anything more than tear the paint off. Now if I leave that one screw out it will stay fine but it's stainless steels and that is some sharp edged stuff. Washing the car would mean a trip to the ER and who needs that?
    I called ExoticWWD.com and explained the problem. They told me it was not required for the bottom inside to be tight as that would only trap dirt/ sand / moisture / water / roadkill what have you. Makes sense to me but I'd love to hear from anyone else who has installed these parts and how they finally solved the problem? They said that the center screw wasn't really needed as well. If so why is it there?

Anybody?

Richard
  • I found this site you may be interested in.

http://www.hallmarkhyundai.com/accessories.html

It does not appear that it has been updated to show Santa Fe items but you could request the info.

Rich

• Thanks Rich I'll check that out.

Still haven't gotten up the nerve to drill holes in a perfectly good fender yet! Something methinks is rotten in Denmark. Exotic wooddash was of no help at all. Told me to"Have the wife and kids put them on" if you can belive that.

Picked up a Hyundai Santa Fe pamphlet this morning, talked to the service and parts manager and he didn't seem to know of any fender flairs as yet.

Weird, but a lot of the stuff that's extra comes on the LX model already. Also all the Santa Fe's that were on the lot are gone save one. That one had a deposit on it also and they didn't seem to know when they would be getting any more in. I think we might just be on to a great deal here.

Thanks again,

Richard
  • How does the digital multimeter look?
    how much was it and how easy was it to install.
    please keep us posted
  • Hey, www.hdkautosport.com just updated their site with a series of grille guards, fender trims, and rear bumper guards for the Santa Fe. It's definitely worth checking out.
  • tonyg6tonyg6 Posts: 48
    Hello,

I just purchased a S4 L with trim option 2 and have a few questions regarding trim options. I hope someone can clear a few items for me.

As you will tell from my questions these items did not come with my vehicle. Since I've read about them in the user manual and user messages I would like to know if they should have included as part of the vehicle package/trim kit combination I purchased...

1. Is the ignition key "halo" [where you stick the ignition key in the car to start it] supposed to illuminate in the L trim?

2. I've read about a passenger side undersea tray. Is that an option in the L?

3. [last one] I've read about some protective shield which is supposed to be installed under the front engine as a scratch guard. Is that supposed to be standard on the L?

If you prefer please respond to
    tgarcia@elf-lub-usa.com

Thanks,
    Tony
  • tonyg6tonyg6 Posts: 48
    Hello,

I just purchased a SF GL with trim option 2 and have a few questions regarding trim options. I hope someone can clear a few items for me.

As you will tell from my questions these items did not come with my vehicle. Since I've read about them in the user manual and user messages I would like to know if they should have included as part of the vehicle package/trim kit combination I purchased...

1. Is the ignition key "halo" [where you stick the ignition key in the car to start it] supposed to illuminate in the GL trim?

2. I've read about a passenger side underseat tray. Is that an option in the GL?

3. [last one] I've read about some protective shield which is supposed to be installed under the front engine as a scratch guard. Is that supposed to be standard on the GL?

If you prefer please respond to
    tgarcia@elf-lub-usa.com

Thanks,
    TonyG
This discussion has been closed.