Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• dallardallar Member Posts: 15
    Just received and installed my bug shield today. Install consisted of 15 minutes and 6 screws into holes already drilled under hood. Shields come in both smoke and clear. Since my Santa Fe is white I chose the clear. Delivery from time of order to receipt was 3 business days.

Below is the website:

http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/60A1051A0A0.aspx
  • pelican19pelican19 Member Posts: 323
    Your brave. You bought this without seeing it on a Santa fe first? The pic on the website is a general view. No one could provide me with a pic so I went with the bra.

How is the new dodge holding up?
  • dallardallar Member Posts: 15
    Well I've had experience with AVS shields before so I mostly knew what to expect. And the Caliber -- still love it. Very handy in city traffic. Only downer is the Santa Fe is getting the same mileage with a six that the Caliber gets with a 4 cylinder in town. 20 mpg.
    Wow. Thats what, 8 under spec. As long as your enjoying it thats all that matters. I traded in the 03 Santa for the 07 limited. Only have it 2 months and have 4200 miles on it. Love it...
  • kp58kp58 Member Posts: 17
    Anyone know of any availability for body side molding for 07 Santa Fe? If not dealer, aftermarket?

How about where I can get daytime running lamps retrofit kits?
  • jhoffman720624jhoffman720624 Member Posts: 4
    I am considering a 2007 Santa Fe SE. According to the feature lists, only the Limited trim includes air filtration in the ventilation system. Does anyone know if it is possible to add air filtration to the SE version? Is it just that the SE doesn't include the filter?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • hooshoos Member Posts: 7
    JCS:

Did you have to remove the tires to install the rear mud flaps?
    Factory issued mud guards are extremely simple to install and you do not have to remove the tires. All you need is a short philips screw driver to get into the tight space between the tire and wheel well. If your lazy like me the dealer will put them on for free in most cases during a normally scheduled maintenance visit.
  • jcspohrjcspohr Member Posts: 97
    Hoos,

No, left the wheels on and used a right angle screwdriver. A stubby screwdriver will also fit.

Like I said in my original post - "This was the easiest and fastest installation of mudflaps I have ever experienced." It doesn't get any easier unless someone else does it for you. :)

JCS
  • ppborcebppborceb Member Posts: 61
    Since 18" replacement tires are so expensive, I was wondering if anyone has gone out and purchased a set of 16" wheels/tires to replace them, and if they did, were there 'side affects' with regards to braking, handling, etc.
    Also, would this void the warranty?
    Amen to all of that.

I just installed them, and you are absolutely correct about the ease of it all.

:)
  • aschwindtaschwindt Member Posts: 10
    I got a hidden hitch brand hitch for my 07 santa fe on hitchmart.com. Model # 87414. Only $143.00 and free shipping. The installation took 20min. Here's the link but unfortunately it looks like they are on back order for now.

http://www.hitchmart.com/$spindb.query.hitchinfo-2.hitchview.87414
    Thats great. Can you post a pic. I would love to see how this looks.
  • 07xle07xle Member Posts: 177
    $129.99 with free shipping at J C Whitney!!!!!!!!!!
  • daustin173daustin173 Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 Santa Fe Limited only has interior lights above the rear seat when the doors are opened. Am I missing something or should Hyundai have put footwell lights in the driver and passenger compartments? Has anyone installed aftermarket footwell lights in their vehicle?
  • rhatleyrhatley Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE NEW 2007 SANTA FE LIMITED. I NEED CARGO COVER AND HAVE CKED. WITH HYUNDAI ACC, STORE AND THEY WANT $275. DOSE ANYON KNOW WERE THIS ITEM CAN BE PURCHASED AT A REASONABLE PRICE?? I JUST WANT A COVER NOT ANOTHER CAR!!!

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

REH
    If you are a new customer its about 30 dollars cheaper. Its not much but its something.
    They are expensive, however it's a nice piece of equiptment.
  • elosonegroelosonegro Member Posts: 2
    I left the dealership and ran an errand. I got back in the Santa Fe after dark and was very surprised. I read every review published on this vehicle before purchase and I am amazed that no writer mentioned the astonishing lack of interior lighting. I checked my 01 Volvo V70 and 03 Land Rover Discovery to see what I was missing- the LR is sparse but not been an issue, the Volvo is well lit. I want to keep this post alive to get at your original request for aftermarket equipment information.
  • daustin173daustin173 Member Posts: 2
    It seems odd that the leather clad, top of the line Santa Fe Limited doesn't supply any lighting for the driver and passenger getting in the vehicle at night! I'm going to look into adding some LED lighting. Maybe a local stereo installation shop can do something. If you come up with another idea let me know.
    Just spent way too much money at this site but I could not help myself. Really nice toy's here. Take a look!

http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/index.php?cPath=31_27
  • musky1gfmmusky1gfm Member Posts: 36
    Think Hyundai should offer a complementary upgrade on pre Nov.built SF's.
    Presently there is no extra charge for the xm feature on any audio package selected.Besides there is a $1000 rebate offered.There was no rebate in Sept.06 when I bought my SF.
    We early buyers took a chance on a totally re-dsigned SF.
    Wondering what other pre-XM owners thoughts are on this.
    There is supposedly a up-grade package available,at your expenese available.But no one at my dealership has a clue.
    What!? Your not going to take it off-road? Cool, this may be the add-on for you!

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
  • eyoeyo Member Posts: 24
    I need some help guys. I want to install a hook to my 07 santa fe, but now one knows exactly how to do I or what is the best way to do it. So, if anyone has installed it already I would appreciate some pictures of it. Do I need to cut out a the bumper? How does it mounts on?
    Thanks for the help!
  • gopeygopey Member Posts: 17
    I am 6'3" and noticed that I sit too high in the driver's seat. The Santa Fe's roof seems to slope down a bit compared to the Sonata and my view is partially obstructed.

Is there a way to lower the driver's seat so I will be sitting lower in the vehicle? I notices that the metal connecting the seat to the floor is raised a little.

There is plenty of legroom in the SF, by the way, for anyone my height. :)

Thanks
  • antcass911antcass911 Member Posts: 4
    My fiance and I just bought our 2003 LX about a month ago and we love it. He loves to do modifications and put in a Pioneer cd player and a 12" JL W3 subwoofer along with 4 (2-10" and 2-15")green neon lights. It looks and sounds great. The only thing is, now that he did that, the thermostat reads in celsius instead of Fahrenheit, which is slightly annoying being that I dont really know celsius that well. I dont have an owners manual yet, I am trying to get one from the dealership, and we want to get it fixed. Does anyone know how to change it back?? Please Help :(
    Im guessing you have the digital climate control w/ DUAL ZONE. While the truck is running hold down the MODE BUTTON and the DUAL BUTTON for 3 seconds and it will switch to F.

Let me know if this works or you dont have these buttons.
  • jleatherowjleatherow Member Posts: 5
    I just got off the phone with the dealer I purchased my 07 Santa Fe from and he informed me that the tow package is now available. He said it was $393 for parts and $150 to install (total just under $550). Is this what others are paying? Also will it void the warranty if i take it somewhere else? Also I had been hearing that I should get my first oil change at 3K while others were saying I should wait for 7K, I asked the dealer and he said 5K. Any suggestions?
  • bkirk1bkirk1 Member Posts: 21
    Hi
    I bought a drawtite trailer hitch and wiring kit with shipping $167 from etrailer.com
    I installed it in an hour. on a scale of on 1 to 10 I would rate it a 5. I would change the oil no later than 3500 miles
  • santalovingsantaloving Member Posts: 5
    This is my first post here.
    I want to add an auxiliary audio input port for mp3 players into my new Santa Fe.My dealer says it takes $175/- to do this.
    -Has anyone done this before ?
    -If so how much did you pay ?
    -Any problems with your audio system after you installed it?

Thanks
  • pedro6pedro6 Member Posts: 12
    Hyundai USA is calling customer with interior light concern to see how they can fix it, call them
    Where can I buy a dash kit that looks like the aluminun already in the car? I would like a kit to include steering wheel, doors, etc
  • tjk850tjk850 Member Posts: 13
    Several posts have indicated a poor design for the rear signal lights. They are not very visible for the vehicles following the Santa Fe. I believe Pelican19 installed an after market set of lights in place of the lower reflectors. Do the new lights operate with the turn signals and is the wiring easy to install?
    No. The bumper lights I installed do not work with the signal. I can not imagine why you couldn't connect them to the signals tho. I will call the shop that installed them and ask in the morning.

I found the tail light signal hard to see as well so I replaced the tail lights with these. Much easier to see them now.

http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_27_51&products_- - - id=492
  • jennafljennafl Member Posts: 5
    hello all.. what is the best way to put a canoe on my Santa Fe SE and not have all sorts of damage to the car? Any advice most welcome... Jenna :blush:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I think the best way is with an aftermarket rack (Yakima and Thule are the biggest names). If you are just going a few miles now and then you can get by with some foam blocks on the gunnels but that's not the most secure solution I don't think. You may be able to fit some crossbars to the factory rack ok.

Regardless of what rack you use, you should tie ropes or straps across the center of the canoe to the rack plus you should tie the front and rear canoe painters to the front and rear of the Santa Fe (hopefully there are some tow hooks or other tie down spots available).

If the racks fail, the front and rear lines will keep the canoe on the SUV. If the painters fail, then the lines/straps across the canoe to the rack will keep the boat on until you can pull over and re-tie everything. (I know this from experience :P ).

You can sort of see the lines on this old shot of my tandem Blue Hole:

link
  • somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    i wanted a K&N air filter for mine - I always use them - not released by any manufacturer yet - washable air filters... anyone else thinking of doing this or cold air intake?
  • ergsumergsum Member Posts: 146
    It took about a year after model introduction for K&N to release a filter (drop-in style) for the new (2006) Sonata V6 3.3L. Same engine as Santa Fe, but probily a different size filter and box. I have both vehicles, but I have not had a chance to check and compare.
    I now see pop out keys for all cars, (like the mercedes cars) where can I find a blank key for a 2007 SANTA FE?
  • hppd432hppd432 Member Posts: 6
    I just received my bra for my Santa Fe yesterday and put it on and couldn't be happier with it. My question was does it fade the paint? Someone this morning said bras mess up the paint. Havee you had any problems with yours? Thanks Jerry
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You may want to scan the Bug guards, protective bras & film discussion while waiting for responses in here.
  • hppd432hppd432 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Steve
    The bra wont mess up the paint if you take care of the car. I take it off twice a month and make sure I give it a good cleaning ( Bra and truck ). A quick coat of wax wont hurt as well. What can happen is the paint that is exposed to sunlight will naturally fade over time. The paint under the bra will not. Also, a good quality and well fitted bra will allow the paint to breathe. If water and dirt remain trapped it can cause stains.
  • tuggerstuggers Member Posts: 52
    I'm wanting to have a cassette player for my audio books but no one can figure out how to do it or where to find one.
    This model comes with the XM radio. I don't wwant it to look tacky.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    As technikal already pointed out, there are aftermarket head units that include a cassette player. Of course, if you go that route you'll give up your Santa Fe's OEM look (which, with the blue lighting and all, is pretty cool). Not only that, but you'd very likely give up the use of the steering wheel audio controls. IMO a better route would be to put your cassettes on CD-R. It's easy to do and you can buy a good home CD recorder for probably the same $$$ as you'd spend on an aftermarket AM/FM/CD/Cassette head unit for the Santa Fe. Here's a link to an example:

link to CD Recorder
  • rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    I installed the mud guards today on my 2007 AWD SF SE. Wasn't too hard except for the bottom screw which was a pain to remove as the original screw had to be forced out (self tapping plastic screw) in order to install the mud guard. Used a pair of needle nose pliers. Took about 45 mins for all 4.
  • rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    You could always burn your cassette to a CD. Might take a while as you have to copy it real time to a wav file then burn to a cd.
  • yongugyongug Member Posts: 9
    Hello guys, Mine is 07 SE 5passenger model. Recently I really have to get 3rd row seat..
    Anyone knows if it is available in dealer and how much?

I wonder if it is easy to install by myself.
  • kdahlquistkdahlquist Member Posts: 130
    The 3rd row seat is a factory option only. You cannot install it yourself, because it requires a lot more than simply bolting in a seat. The front storage compartment is removed, the rear interior panels are different, you need seat belts for the third row, etc. Even the rear suspension is different to accommodate the extra weight of the seat and passengers.
  • somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    wonder what the dealer would do for you as far as trading it back in for one with a 3rd row? did you inquire?
This discussion has been closed.