Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Accessories and Modifications

12345679»

Comments

• paulnzpaulnz Member Posts: 16
    Hi, the website for the Hyundai technical info is http://hmaservice.com/
    You can create an account there and then login and have access to the materials, including TSBs. It is a nice resource.
    Helpful hint: the 2007-2008 Santa Fes are coded there as "CM" while the earlier ones are coded "SM".
  • bannodbannod Member Posts: 24
    I'm thinking about having my exhaust system modified - a little better sound, maybe a bit more hp and better gas mileage.

Has anyone had this done? How does it sound?

Would this void my warranty?
  • somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    what is the warranty on the exhaust? i figured i would wait for it to fail and replace with aftermarket - hopefully it doesn't fail for a long time - but i won't do anything until the warranty is up....
  • np45np45 Member Posts: 7
    sure have, I replaced the factory front muffler with a flowmaster 40 series...still have the stock resonators on the rear...I was look at the same thing...better sound and gas mileage...still a little quiet with the stock res's but breathes eaiser...if u r going to make it less restrictive i suggest that u change the stock air box to a cold air intake...i did this also...man what a difference...gas mileage increased by about 15% not sure about the hp...gonna replace the stock cat with a high flow next month. I have a 07 Limited 2wd...very happy with it and will be happier once finished with the basics mods...I plan on drpng the suspension with springs, adding body kit, went to a smaller rim size and different tire...didn't like the OEM tire and wheel pkg...18s with Bridgestone Dualer HT 235/60/18...new shoes r perillie 235/17/55 and did they make a big difference in the ride quality...send me an email and I'll provide pic of what I have done...u can find aftermarket parts at koreanautoparts.com...as far as the warranty chk with the rep and not the dealership.
  • rmcbainrmcbain Member Posts: 50
    Hi: I would like to see some pics of your Santa Fe and the lowered springs as we are considering doing exactly that. We have HID lights and what a difference over the stock ones. Also going to take the roof rack bars off as we never use them.
    Thanks
    :)
    chk this site out for aftermarket korean auto parts.

http://www.koreanautoimports.com/about.htm
    just uploaded chk photos
  • orzecaporzecap Member Posts: 10
    np45,
    You mentioned that replacing the stock air box with a cold air intake increased gas mileage by 15%. Can you let me know the one you chose?

I have the same vehicle as yours. I had always thought the cold air intake was to increase power, but if it also increased mpg that would be great.

Thanks.
    Orzecap,
    seeing the there is really nothing the you can buy that really fits is had to buy off the shelf products. Got all my parts from Advance Auto...in my configuration I used 2@45 and 1@90 degree, 2@6 inch, 1@4 inch chrome with the adpter for vacuum lines. Seeing that these are plastic I drilled a 1/2 hole and used a rubber gromet with a 5/8 inch house barb to attach the recirc gas hose after removing the airbox. Chk my pics out to see the config. the mileage that I am getting at the moment (today) and by the computer is 23.8 city and that is with the A/C going from time to time....it's been hot here in SC. I haven't had the chance to put it on hwy yet after getting everything the way I wanted it. So I expect to get at least 27 to 28 on the hwy maybe more. I'll keep you posted. Gonna remove the resonators in a couple of wks after I get some resonated exhaust tips and a performace cat to see what kind of mileage and performance I get then. :) ...this is a work in progress so bear with me. ;)
  • tk82tk82 Member Posts: 2
    I've been unable to locate an '08 Sante Fe sunroof wind deflector. The dealer says Hyundai does not offer a wind deflector for the Sante Fe. I've been able to locate deflectors for the '01-'06 models, but not for the '07 or '08 Sante Fe. Anyone have a sunroof wind deflector for the new model Sante Fe's?
    Please respond. Thanks.
  • geowizardrygeowizardry Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a '08 Santa Fe. Does anyone have a suggestion for the third row seat floor protection? I have checked the forum and no one has mentioned an all weather floor mat for the 3rd row seat. Weathertech, which I'm considering for 1st and 2nd row, does not make a mat for the 3rd row. Any help appreciated. Also, does the cargo tray fit a 7 passenger model? Will it fold up and stow away when the 3rd row seat is up or do you have to remove it from the vehicle? Thx.
  • wachsfwachsf Member Posts: 9
    I don't have an answer yet for the 3rd row floor mat, although I'll be looking for a solution before the first snowfall.

I balked at the over $200 price tag from the dealer for the OEM cargo tray, and instead bought an aftermarket one from Ebay for $70 incl shipping. It was designed for the 5 passenger model, but it's flexible enough that it bends at the two corners that don't match exactly with the floor plastic trim for the 3rd row seat belts. One advantage is it can be folded up yet remain in the car if the 3rd row seat is up, plus has extra short flaps to protect the wheel well trim and the back of the 2nd row seats from your cargo. I couldn't find a detailed enough photo of the OEM one to convince me if it was worth buying for about the same price online - all photos seemed to be from the same Hyundai brochure.
  • graybeard1graybeard1 Member Posts: 20
    Based upon input from this forum, I purchased Weathertech floor liners for my 08 Santa fe. The rear one fits OK, but the fronts seem to be about and inch too small. There is about an inch gap between the liner the door sill, which allows dirt and water under the liner as I step into the car. I have seen nothing but good comments on this forum. Has anyone looked this closely. I have checked with Weathertech and they are the right ones for this car.

Thank you.
  • nextmoonnextmoon Member Posts: 386
    I have the same set of weather tech premium mats and they are a bit small leaving a slight gap. So far I haven't had problems with getting dirt or sand in those gaps. I haven't gone through winter yet so I can't comment on there performance for snow.

My shoes have slipped on the floor liners when they were wet from rain and attemping to get in/out of the car. It's a hard shell and some rubberized surface would help with the slipping.
  • haebbyhaebby Member Posts: 5
    When I installed the floorliners fresh out of the package, I also notices a small gap between the door sill and the floorliner. It was less than an inch, though. Maybe 1/2 inch. I took the floorliners out again and simply bended the side of the floorliners to the outside, i.e trying to re-shape them a little. Worked fine, and now the gap between door sill and floorliners is gone. But have to see whether it stays this way or gets back to how it arrived in the package.

One problem I have is that the gas pedal scratches the floorliner when I try to push the gas pedal all the way through. I'm concernd it might get stuck. Anyone else having this problem?
  • nextmoonnextmoon Member Posts: 386
    I haven't had the need to stomp my gas pedal all the way down. The mats looked like they had enough clearance when I put mines down. I would suggest perhaps to make sure the mats are back enough towards your seat. Also, to make sure that little indent ("cap") in the mat is directly placed over the little hook-like plastic piece on the carpet used to hold any mats in place.

I find them somewhat slippery with any hard-soled footwear once they're a little wet. That's my only complaint.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    I have an 08 SF Ltd and I am looking into side window deflector/vents for it. The two brand choices seem to be WeatherTech's in-channel deflectors or Ventshade's in-channel and/or tape-attached ventvisors. Anyone with experience with either brands or both? I previously had a set of taped-on Ventshade's on my 05 Tucson and they were good, but would like to know other's opinions regarding in-channel/taped and quality of product. Any other options? Thanks.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    Anyone out there have a comment on my query?
  • rich123rich123 Member Posts: 31
    I also would like to know if anyone has tried these in channel vent visors for the 4 windows on the Santa Fe. I have the 09.
  • ribbitribbit Member Posts: 1
    I am also considering to install side visors for my 09 Santa Fe. My dealership told me that yes the look of the in-channel is better but after three years or so the windows will leak because of the damage caused by the in-channel visors (apparently the rubber sealing units will get damaged by constant rubbing of the window pressed against the in-channel visors). I browsed through some of the visor-selling website review, and 90% of them are happy with it but there are a few complaining about how the windows don't close all the way up and the windows get scratched by the in-channel visors (some said that when the in-channels visors are properly installed, this could happen!) So...it would be great to hear from somebody who actually used in-channel visors for longer than a couple of years and tell us about his/her experiences. Thanks!
  • pat100pat100 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Geoziardry:
    I just bought a used 2007 Santa Fe with the 3rd rows and I am interested in your experience with your described cargo liner. Are you still happy? How is it holding out? If you still recommend it, would you please let me know where it can be purchased?
    I bought the Hyundai cargo liner from my local Hyundai dealer - it is a Hyundai part. I looked online but I don't think I found a much better price considering I had to pay for shipping. The liner is fine since I have the 3rd row seat down a lot to carry stuff. If you have the 3rd row seats up, the cargo liner does fold up, but it folds a bit too large to remain behind the 3rd seat and be of any use, so I take it out. I would love a liner that could remain in the vehicle when the seat is up, or even when just one side of the 3rd row seat is up. I have thought about cutting up the liner so I could have it in with one of the 3rd row seats up. I still may do that.

So, if you want protection behind your 3rd row seat, you might go another route. If you plan on and want the protection while the 3rd row seat is down, then it is fine.

To protect the floor carpet of the 3rd row seat, I bought the Hyundai made mats - they work fine. I bought Weathertech floor liners for the 1st and 2nd row seats - love these!

Getting back to the Hyundai liner, it wasn't designed with the 3rd row seat in mind. Weathertech makes a liner, but I believe it doesn't fold up at all - I think you have two options on the Weathertech liner, you either buy a liner to cover the entire cargo area with the 3rd row seat down, or a smaller one that just covers behind the 3rd row seat. Hope this rambling message helps.
    Thanks for the update.
    Based on your recommendations, I have bought the 3rd row Hyundai rubber map (fits well) and I have the weathertech digitals for the front and middle row on order.

I bought and received a mat from ebay (vendor keepyourforkman) $50 +12 shipping anywhere in NA. The vendor shows it in place with the two 3rd row seats in place and it does work as show (not bad really). The mat is actually cut for a 2 row Santa Fe which doesn't have the storage box on the drivers side - so I trimmed it. I am pretty happy. (My wife check out the official Hyundai one and it was similar in design at double the price).

Thanks for the help.
    The mat looks better than the Hyundai one.
    I received and installed the Weathertech digital fit weather mats in the front and middle row. They fit perfectly. Not inexpensive but nonetheless worth it. Lightning years above what Hyundai offers (BTW, Hyundai's OEM mats are made by the same company).

Thanks for the help.
  • ronkennedy61ronkennedy61 Member Posts: 23
    Just purchased used 2009 SE AWD. Appreciate info./advice on making the switch.
  • bobclarbobclar Member Posts: 8
    My dividers came with the car and they work great.
    Bob
  • rmcbainrmcbain Member Posts: 50
    Hello: Just wondering why you would want to change to 16 inch tires. Your odometer and gearing will all be incorrect for the power train. 18 inch tires give a better ride as well as better ground cleanance.
    Thanks for response. Only reason is the cost of the 18" tires. Maybe price will go down before I need replacements. My assumption is that the larger tires are just a styling decision by the manufacturers that results in higher costs for the consumer, and even 15" would be adequate.
    just ordered Weathertech for my recently-purchased used 2009 SE AWD since I had Weathertech for 6 years on SE Pathfinder with no leaks, no scratches and no damage to weatherstripping that I could see.
This discussion has been closed.