Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Club-FAQ

2»

Comments

• I have been trying to get a sport suspension for muy path koni or bilstein type, but haven't been able to find it, anyone has tryed some shocks to better handling and stability?
  • marcus36marcus36 Posts: 2
    I am considering buying a travel trailer with an unloaded weight of 4625lbs, to pull with my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE. If I'm reading the specs corrctly, I should be OK, with about 1375lbs available for cargo weight. I have the Nissan-mounted tow package which is rated at 6000lbs. I'm a little concerned, however, that the 4.0V6 engine and automatic transmission might not handle the mountains in Arizona or other parts of the west. Any thoughts? Marcus36
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Posts: 1,015
    Just switch off OD on the uphill parts and you'll be fine. If you leave OD on you can heat up the transmission and engine. Your tow weight is not very big. If you're going to be towing on really hot Arizona days, you might want to consider adding an extra transmission cooler. It's easy to do and will extend the life of the transmission and lessen the chance of heating up the engine too much as well.
  • marcus36marcus36 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the helpful advice, especially on the extra transmission cooler. I installed one on a 67 Buick LaSabre to pull a 18' TT up the Alaska Hiway (when it was still dirt!) and back and never had a problem. The Nissan has plenty of pep, but pulling 6Klbs could be a challenge. Again, thanks.
  • dennismndennismn Posts: 4
    I have a 26' Jay Feather which weighs 4800# the way I tow. I am very intrigued by the Pathfinder, and would like anyone else who tows to chime in with advice.

I currently use a 97 F-150, but it has 120K miles on it and I need to go from three vehicles to two. I don't want to have to buy another big pickup. The only real alternative to a Pathfinder is an Explorer, and the quality is poor.

Thanks, Dennis
  • Just wondering how the towing went. I'm in a similar situation deciding between two TT's, one weighing 4250 & other 4520. Towing with a 2005 Pathfinder Le and not sure if the 4520 would be too much, wondering how your experience went.
  • c4lc4l Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am trying to locate a company that provides driver/passenger side chrome mirrors for a 05 Pathfinder. The Nissan dealer states that its only available on the Armada, Titan, and Frontier.

I have seen pictures online of the chrome mirrors on a 05 Pathfinder, but they dont have information on where they were purchased. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    C4L
  • Don't waste your time looking, they don't make them. However, you can order chrome mirror covers like I did. They come with 3M tape, which I didn't trust, so I used car emblem adhesive and they look great!! I also ordered chrome door handles and they worked well too.
  • No problem. I have a 2005 Pathfinder and it pulls it with ease.
2»