Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class: Accessories & Modifications

2»

Comments

• hyemooghyemoog Posts: 2
    Hi Bob,

I can't provide you with any answers to your questions, but I was wondering if maybe you have some answers for me. I recently got a C240 4 Matic (this is my fourth C class car) and I have to say the standard stereo system is poor sub-standard compared to previous models.

Can you receommend anything for upgrading? Where do you go? To a MB dealership or outside stereo provider?

Thank you, best of luck.

Regards,
    Linda
    NJ
  • hyemooghyemoog Posts: 2
    Hi there I saw this posted message about someone saying theyinstalled XM satellite in what I assume is a Mercedes....can you help me with some advice?

I recently leased a new 2005 C240 4 Matic, which came with Sirius satellite radio. I really want to switch to XM, but is this possible and is it more trouble than its worth?

I have to say Mercedes has certainly cut corners on the quality of their standard stereo systems. I'm not happy with the quality of the one the car came with. When I switch from AM to FM or from radio to CD and back to radio the volume is inconsistant and blarring. CHEAP!

Please advise....

Linda
    NJ
  • I had upgrade the front lights for clear lens, I got it in ebay for $650, and my car looks great I don't understand how come mercedes kept this ugly fashion lights until 2004. My advice get it and upgrade your car.
  • I'm sorry about the late reply. Yes the 2005 audio as not as good as the 2004 and earlier systems. The base earlier ones were Alpine systems like I have in my 2004. The 04 sounds as good if not better then our new 05 that has the upgraded Harmon Kardon.

The dealer will be real expensive. I would go to an high end audio shop and see about adding an amp setup and some new Alpine Speakers. Try the speakers first. Also, you could call Cruthfield. Maybe they can help.
  • HELP!

I have a 04 C240 4matic. Currently with 205/55-16 and stock rims. The dealer had the car for a week. Got it back went to have the tires replaced and found out that someone bent a rim which causes a shimmy at 60MPH. So I will replace the rims or upgrade both the tires and rims.

I have found an OE Performance rim that looks like the E class rim. It comes in 16" and 17". Has anyone had any experience with this rim product? It is the OE performance 300M E class.

I will either have the 16" with Michelin Pilot Exalto AS 225/50R - 16

or

17" with Michelin Pilot Exalto AS 225/45R - 17

Anyone got any other ideas? I do not want the car to look too extreme. I would like to stay with the 16" size.

Thanks in advance......
  • Anybody need a Thule roof rack for their C? Mine is for sale on eBay... Works great. Great for hauling surfboards, kayaks, bikes or just about anything else you can think of. This set up lists for $232 from Thule... but you can get mine less the depreciation... don't pay retail!

Check it out!
    C220 Thule Roof rack, Item number: 7193512636
    thx!
  • I am trying to retro fit sat radio to an '04 c-class with the standard radio/sound system. i understand that i will need to replace the standard unit with the Comand Nav unit but that seems a little expensive from the dealer. also, there appear to be many different Comand Nav units available so which to buy is a question. Do you have any ideas? Thanks for the help. BL.
  • mb1733mb1733 Posts: 1
    I know it's been a while since your post - but I recently bought a Benz and I'm trying to figure out how to install my XM.
    Did you have XM installed on another car before installing it in your Benz?
    The dealership cannot help me b/c of their contract with Sirius (ugh!). I'm wondering if the BlitzSafe adapter I used to wire the XM through the radio for my BMW will work for the Benz. Since I already have the receiver and adapter, I was hoping to just use the same equipment...

Any help would be appreciated!!!
    Thanks!
2»
This discussion has been closed.