Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protege Owners: Protege Posse

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,027
edited March 23 in Mazda
This discussion is for Protege owners who enjoy discussing other aspects of their lives with friends they've made here at Edmunds.com.

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    Did Meade come into the room and join? If so, Meade, how is your wife doing with her pregnancy?
  • protegextwoprotegextwo Posts: 1,265
    Well, Meade pops in from time to time, but not with his former regularity. I for one miss his snappy banter, always made me laugh. Also, I thought he was going to start a new job, and he always posted from work. Paul, Meade and I exchanged e-mails about 3 weeks ago, Mrs. M was doing well at that time.

Regards;
    Larry
    How does your wife like your PRO-ES?

-Larry
  • nikecarnikecar Posts: 460
    she loves it.. she told me that she can't wait until the weekends when she goes to church to crank it out on the highway to zoom zoom. and how what a differe4nce in the city over the neon. She can actually pass slow people in front of her.

she now has like 2600 miles or slightly more. I think my Altima is jealous abit, but I took her to Orlando on a road trip so hopefully she's better! :) But we love our car. dirty with pollen but hey, what can you do? cut the trees?
    Where do you guys live? I am so envious, "dirty with pollen", my car is dirty with calcium clouride, he he!

-Larry
    Florida... Tampa
    ...are semi-retired and live in Key West!! Guess where, I go on vacation? Hehe! ;-)

-Larry
    Vic, sounds like a neat place to work and live. I love deep sea fishing. I would love to re-locate to the Gulf side of Florida someday!

-Larry
    I've yet to do deep sea fishing. would like to try but the only person iknow interested is about to have a baby so they aren't doing it for some time.
    Last week, I directed several sarcastic posts at maltb. I apologized to him personally and now wish to apologize to anyone who might have noted my posts. Thank you malty, for your understanding.

Respectfully;
    Larry
  • mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    Hey guys! Yeah, work has been tremendously busy around here, and home life (er, baby classes, painting rooms, assembling cribs, preparing to go from "having a life" to "being a daddy") has been hectic to say the least.

Looks like the ol' Protege will be in the fitting room trying on child seats this weekend!!!

Any recommendations, Larry and other lost-lifers out there?

(Mine's a 2000 ES, by the way.)

Meadeball
    I don't know what to say, I was sure you passed over to cigar heaven or took a new job, hehe. The thing about car seats and baby stuff, the technology and designs are improved every year. Sooo, my son is now five years old, the stuff we used, has been replaced by BETTER/SAFER products. However, I feel your pain, my friend. I know this was discussed back in the old Mazda Protege 6 topic, nevertheless put something under the baby seat to protect the cloth seats in your PRO-ES. BTW, the worst class I attended "back in the day", Breast Feeding 101, yikes!!! Nothing like spending two hours a week, for a month; in a room of scared soon to be first time parents discussing "latching on", "expressing breast milk", "breast pumps", "treating bruised nipples", .... well you get the idea! Holy Mother of all that's good, I was freaking out, lol!!!

-Larry
  • mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    ... the Cesarian class was bad! Breastfeeding 101 doesn't start until next month!!!

:)

Meade
    Thank you!!! I really enjoyed the chat last night. Fast and fun, just like driving a Protege. ;-)

-Larry
    I don't know about fast, but it was surely fun. I wouldn't know how driving a Protege is right now, since mine's still in the body shop. :( Hopefully, it will be ready today. I am going to die of boredum soon if they don't come on! :)
    so how have the chats been so far????
    We could have used you last night! We only had about 6 owners chatting, lol!!

-Larry
    I went out last night to do some shopping, and forgot all about the chat room and all. Didn't get back in until 10.20 last night, so I was too late. :(
    ahhhh I forgot about last night.. I am going to have to make it a point next week..
    Brotherinlaw invited us over for food and to watch a movie.. can't refuse free food!!!!
    Paul and Victor, the chat hour goes by really fast. It needs to be at least two hours. I was at work last night,(TGI Friday's) and chatted from the office, hehe!!! I doubt, I can make it next week as I'll be returning from a TGIF business meeting in Dallas Texas. But,... if you think about it; this whole Mazda Protege Owner's Discussion is "ONE BIG CHAT", lol!! It is just not quite real time.

Respectfully;
    Larry
  • borgf15borgf15 Posts: 29
    I was having problems with my ISP and then old "moderator_dee" kicked me out and i couldn't get back in. It couldn't have been anything I said...i was only there for a couple minutes. Kinda rude!!
    probably a Daewoo owner!!! ;)
  • gitarzangitarzan Posts: 66
    I was looking forward to the chat then completely forgot until about 10:45 pm EST. Argh. I was at last weeks for awhile and it was pretty neat.

Towards the end someone suggested moving it over to an IRC channel but I don't think it happened.
    I would try to get an explanation on what the issue was? I know we were all having a nice conversation, then you were gone.
    Well, "I'm leaving on a jet airplane" as the song goes and flying to Dallas, Saturday. noon. I'm going to lose 2 hours of my day Saturday, one for daylight savings time and one for changing time zones, pol!!

-Larry
  • newfie5newfie5 Posts: 2
    I contacted EAA based on the informtion posted here and they said that they only have x-pricing, which is 4% over dealer invoice. I also contacted the dealer and the manager said that there is only x-pricing there. Can this be true or is the dealer pulling my leg? Does EAA give actually give you s-pricing after you sign up?
  • hkchanhkchan Posts: 420
    Someone may have posted not too long ago announcing the newly-available "Plan" for Canadians. I sort of remember that the X-Plan was the Canadian version.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    Under Ford, it's called X-Plan and Mazda calls it the S-Plan. On a Mazda dealer invoice, it's labeled as the S-plan price.

Or was that potatoe...where is Dan Quayle when you need him?
  • tocantocan Posts: 118
    The Canadian version at Mazda is X-plan even though the EAA web site says something different. Mazda Canada calls it X-plan, and they have sent out information to all of the dealers, so they should all know about it.

Nomi
    Come back Speedy Pete!!! We have missed you here at Edmunds Town Hall. What has Chi Town done to you? Come on Pete, you were "da bomb" my friend, always good for a story.

-Larry
  • theparallaxtheparallax Posts: 361
    Anyone else ticked that FOX wants to change Speedvision to only cover Nascar???

Sign the petition!

http://www.petitiononline.com/svsn/petition.html

This discussion has been closed.