Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protege Owners: Protege Posse

Comments

• kaiserheadkaiserhead Posts: 166
    NASCAR is so lame and all it seams to be is corporate logos and father and son teams. I like speendvision the way it is because they offer other forms of racing, i.e. World Rally Car Series and those guys who race transport trucks, now that's worth the extra $18 on my cable bill!!
  • I'm still around my friend. I just can't access web from work so it's evenings for me for the forseeable future. Thanks for the nice invite and well wishing...collections is chewing me up and spitting me out...

Regards,

Pete
  • I have not posted in quite a while, work has been too busy. How ya doin'? Still have the two Pros? Still at TGIF? We need to get out there real soon. My 2000 ES has only about 5700 miles on it, but it runs great. Ever think about the Tribute? We have an Escape (clone) V6 at work and I've put around 1000 miles on it driving to landfills and other sites we work on. It is a blast to drive and has a very nice motor. Oh well, take care and keep zoomin'.

Gene
  • I'm the General Manager at TGI FRIDAY'S in Harrisburg. My manager team and I are working very hard to make our Friday's, the best in our franchise group. Gene, it would be great if you and your family would stop in for a great Jack Daniel's feast. You have an open invitaion for a visit, "including" the Mazda Protege Owners Discount!
    Send me an E-mail, with your home address and I will mail you, some entree cards. Larryisfishin@aol.com

BTW, both my 2000 PRO-ES's have 28,000 miles. I hit a deer with mine last week at the Toll House Road Exit on Route #283, heading home to Lancaster. Hit it at 6:15 pm traveling at 70 mph, yikes. AAA, left me sit until 10:45 pm, I was very very mad. Every time I called them on my cell phone, they promised me; "The Tow Truck is on the way right now." Yea right! Sooo.... my Protege is at the Lancaster Mazda Collision body shop in East Petersburg. They know I'm fussy and promise top-box repairs, hehe! My PRO-ES should be fixed sometime next week.

Please, stop by the restaurant soon. We can catch up on things. I'm also thinking about buying the Winter Tire Package from TireRack.com that you purchased last fall? Got a few question for you.

Respectfully,
    Larry
  • What is this I hear about a winter tire package. I've been trying to find some winter tires for my P5, and it seems nearly impossible. Seems that its hard enough to find many tires 195/50 16. I'm sorry but I don't feel that the dunlops on my car are gonna cut a Saskatchewan winter.

Any idea's out there love to hear em...
  • mazdafunmazdafun Posts: 2,322
    Check Tirerack.com. Typically, they "minus-1" size the tires and wheels for winter (making for a skinnier contact patch...the better for pushing through snow).
  • This time last year I bought a winter tire package from Tirerack for my '00 ES. I did the "downsizing" to 185/60 R14's with Bridgestone Blizzak tires. They delivered the next day after I phoned in the order. The tires worked very well in snow, pretty good in ice. Handling, as expected, was tame compared to OEM Potenzas. I would recommend such a wheel/tire package if snow is a problem in your area. It's nice to be able to wait a little longer to switch tires, since you can put them on the day before snow (if you get the package with the tires already mounted on steel wheels), and you can enjoy the stock handling a little longer.

Gene
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    I still do check this forum, so you can leave me "mesages" here. You are going to make all those people in the Jetta forum jealous about the crab dip. :) Glad you liked it though. :)
  • protegextwoprotegextwo Posts: 1,265
    No kidding, that stuff is excellent! I was not trying to embarrass you in any way! I was just caught up in the holiday spirit. I feel credit should be given were credit is due. I think of myself, as a pretty good cook and I have added your Cheesy Maryland Crab Dip Appetizer to my entertainment arsenal. Kudos to you, Paul! I hope you and your Dad had a Merry Christmas.

-Larry
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    Thanks for the compliments. :) Actually, my ex roommate came up with that recipe. It is good though. At least he was good for something... :)

Hope your family had a wonderful holiday as well, and many more. :)
  • protege_fanprotege_fan Posts: 2,405
    Does anybody use this part of TH anymore?? What's it supposed to be for??
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    When the club first started here, members wanted a place where they could kibitz about subjects other than their Protege. However, it appears the car talk was more of a priority. :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    The main topic basically carries more kibitzing than car talk, but very few complain about that.
  • mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    You mean this is a place where we can talk about off-topic stuff not directly relating to our Proteges? I wonder why Pat never told us this place existed ... we keep going off-topic over there and get called down for it! Well, thanks! Hold this topic open! I'll go over to the Protege sedans topic and tell everyone to come over here!

Meade
  • the_big_hthe_big_h Posts: 1,583
    if we post here, wouldn't that slow down our post count in the regular sedan topic?

i like seeing sedan topic going so high in the post counts!
    I've heard that in fact, many people DO complain about it. So I've gone over to the Protege sedans topic and told everyone to bring their off-topic stuff over here.

I wonder why there hasn't been more direction to lead us over here, instead of just telling us to get back on topic over there? Have I missed something? Have you seen Pat tell us this topic exists? I know I miss things from time to time, especially since I'm absent on weekends, so maybe I'm talking out of my derriere here ...

;-)

Meade
    Are we going for quantity or quality?

Wait ... Don't answer that.

;-)

A challenge, dear friend ... Let's take THIS topic to 10,000 posts! Who's first?

Meade
  • chicagoprochicagopro Posts: 1,009
    How many Protege owners does it take to change a lightbulb?
  • dsm6dsm6 Posts: 813
    but before he installs the lightbulb, he'll come to edmunds and ask about which brands of bulbs are the best, from which about 30 other posters will recommend 50 different brands, and argue amongst themselves for 300 posts. And then the host will come in telling them to get back on topic and talk about cars. All the while the original owner will just go to the local k-mart and grab a couple bulbs for $5 and put them in in 5 minutes, completely ignoring what he has read on the forum.

there, happy now? :D
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    You speak like a man with experience.
    I'm happy now. I think you hit that nail on the head. Hence forth I shall ignore any and all advice given herein. I'm trading the Pro for a Jetta (automatic), putting Potenzas on it, and taking it to Midas for any and all service. I'm going to have them change the oil in it every 10,000 miles with synthetic. Anything else?
    What's wrong with Midas?
    I don't know, how many?
    I'm a double-posting fool.

:)
    and if the owner's stingy, he can save a couple bucks by ordering on the web and have it shipped to his door, but shipping will take 1 week and the warehouse may be on backorder, in which case the wait time could be as long as a month!

so in conclusion, the time it takes a Protege owner to change a light bulb will vary from 5 minutes to 1 month and 5 minutes, depending on conditions mentioned above :D
    Nothing, or so I said anyway. Others disagreed. Do you recall others recommended that you take your car, after your unfortunate meeting with a curb, to a dealer instead of Midas. Look where that got you (sorry to bring up bad memories). ;-)
    So you baited us with that question, but don't have an answer? Oh, my. ;-)

Are you going to trust these guys to answer in light of the discussion above? :-(
    sniffle sniffle :(
    So sorry! Didn't mean to, um, tease you like that ;)

I couldn't think of a decent answer myself, but figured all the smart-a...I mean...clever folk here would be able to cook up something.
This discussion has been closed.