Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper

Comments

• SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Your post and responses were moved to the discussion MINI Cooper: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences
  • How are you guys knowing if they sell at MSRP? Is it on the car sticker at the dealer? And this is +Taxes, Tags, Title Correct?

I'm headed over to Mini of Concord in SF Bay area on Saturday to test drive a Cooper with my wife. She's against one as she thinks its too unsafe but I'm at least going to test drive it with her. :) Am looking to sell my G35 Coupe but still want some fun.

Andy
  • markjennmarkjenn Posts: 1,142
    Several people have reported they've made MSRP deals at Concord. I think that's there public policy and doesn't require any negotiation. The drawback is that they usually have a longer waiting list than dealers who mark up over MSRP and then allow you to dicker them down.

Yes, typically when someone says they bought at MSRP, they paid the bottom-line mfg sticker price (including destination), plus tax, title, and license fees (the stuff that is fixed by the state).

I think Mini's are safe enough and are a blast to drive, but you definitely are going to be taking a huge step down from a G35 in terms of ride, comfort, outright speed, etc.

- Mark
  • East Bay only charges MSRP and has a long wait. Concord routinely marks up pretty much every car in the lot (BMW or MINI) and I'm not aware of them coming down to MSRP. They certainly didn't do it when I tried to buy a car off the lot. Their "thing" is that they have a large inventory and if you want one you're going to have to pay.
  • This is what I've heard as well. Was out at Concord over the weekend. Spoke with internet/AAA/Costco selling named Mari. Very very nice woman.

The cooper is currently going for $1100 over MSRP and the S some $1800. She said that she could get only $600 over MSRP for Costco or AAA members.

-A
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Did Mini replace the CVT with a conventional 6-speed Steptronic for the Base Cooper for 2006? I didn't see any reference to CVT on the Mini.ca site.
  • markjennmarkjenn Posts: 1,142
    I haven't heard this. I believe the CVT has a "step mode" to simulate a conventional tranny with discrete gears, but it's still a CVT.

- Mark
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,380
    Did Mini replace the CVT with a conventional 6-speed Steptronic for the Base Cooper for 2006? I didn't see any reference to CVT on the Mini.ca site.

AFAIK that is the case.
  • A reporter seeks to talk with current owners of the Mini Cooper. Please send your daytime contact info and the model year of your vehicle to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 27, 2006.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• A reporter seeks to talk with current owners of the Mini Cooper. Please send your daytime contact info and the model year of your vehicle to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 27, 2006.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• bpraxisbpraxis Posts: 292
    Why not purchase a new 2006 Mini or better yet 2007 for $18,000 with just the standard options?

Why pay $15,000 for a used Mini when you can own a new one with a full warranty for $3000.00 more not to mention the quality problems for 2002.

Enough said.............
  • Hi all,
    You'll notice that we're dividing some of the information to make it easier for folks to find the exact info they're looking for. Please visit the top-level MINI Cooper group to see the new discussions, and feel free to create new ones that you think might be of interest to members!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Mark,
    My question is seperate from warranty issue. Wanted to ask you what brand did you use when you did your brakes on your mini. I'm at the point where my factory pads probably need changing. I've got 33,000 on the odometer. Are O.E.M. pads worth it?
    Would like to hear your thoughts,
    Joe
  • cct1cct1 Posts: 221
    I'm not Mark, but I'll chime in...

I'd stick with the OEM pads. There are other pads with better stopping power, and also less brake dust (greenstuff pads are popular on the Mini), but there have been several reports of people having issues with the rotors warping after going with a non OEM brake pad--I'd stick with the OEM pads.
  • Thanks CCT1. Will heed your advise.
    Joe
  • I have an 06 S and changed to the "Redbox" pads. They have 12k on them with no warping issues. I couldn't stand all the dust generated by the stock pads. I had to wash the wheels every 1-2 days and now I can go 1-1/2 to 2 weeks.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Does anyone know if the keyless entry can be programmed to auto-lock? Not auto relock (which I know it can do), but auto-lock, in the sense that you can park, exit, close the door, walk away, and the car will lock (and arm if so equipped) itself after a programmed number of minutes.
  • No comfort access will not autolock. It's the one design gaffe, imho.
  • Has anyone had experience with the sunroof creating too much buffeting and wind noise and really being annoying? I've heard this complaint a few times from MINI owners but haven't experienced it myself.