Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi is this a good deal? Was at the dealer late last night, and left telling them I had to sleep on it.

2012 Highlander SE V6 FWD 5-speed auto

Blizzard Pearl white paint
    Black leather interior
    Tow Package
    Carpet floor and cargo mats
    Cargo cross bar

MSRP $35741

Got them down to $32900 = discount of $2841
    Edmunds lists invoice of $32563
    Is that a good deal?

I see people on here pay about $1000 less than invoice??? Think there is still room to come down on my deal?
  • I live in WA state. Been wanting to buy just a base 4x4 highlander with the tech package. Really feel I have not been getting a good deal by talking to dealers. Was curious what everyones thought was in regards to the Costco or USAA pricing? For me, before tax, these services both are right around $30,500 before tax and licensing which is almost $3000 below MSRP. I have researched and seen the invoice amounts as well. When talking to the dealers this is the price they basically offered WITHOUT the tech package. Just can't justify spending $33,000 out the door and only getting the base base model with nothing extra.

Just curious on thoughts of the USAA or costco services though. Thanks.
  • kbd9kbd9 Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I am in the Charlotte, NC area and just had a dealer quote $36000 out the door price for a 2012 Limited Toyota Highlander V6 AWD with JBL AM/FM Package, Tow Package, and Cargo Mats Package. Should I keep looking a little more? Have had dealers that will match it. Is it a good deal?
  • sanah14sanah14 Posts: 1
    Did the 2012 Highlander Limited Nav+Ent System come off the lot with running boards? I'm looking to get almost exactly what you bought but can't seem to find it in a dealership's inventory.
  • kmd75kmd75 Posts: 1
    Got my highlander Limited 4X4 for $37,749. I am in NJ

Options:
    - Navigation
    - Remote start
    - Tow Prep.
    - Carpet mats.
  • edgetaedgeta Posts: 32
    I am looking for a Highlander Limited without Navigation. I notice "wumarshall82" had posted that they had bought one. If wumarshall82 sees this post, can you tell me what part of the country or what state you are in? Or has anyone else bought the Highlander w/o Navigation and where they are from. I am in California and they are telling me that I can't get it that way here.
    Any input would be appreciated.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,570
    A news reporter would like to talk with hybrid car owners in Northern California. If you fit the description, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, April 25, 2012.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ml823ml823 Posts: 1
    How is this deal:

36 month, 12k mile/yr lease
    MSRP: $36742
    Agreed upon value: $35852
    Residual value: $21979
    Down payment: $1200 (inc. first month, reg/title fees, etc)
    Monthly payment: $455
  • How is your credit? This is a bad deal if you have good credit.

Here is my recent lease of the same car (diif't options):

Tier 1+ credit
    36mo/12k lease
    MSRP 37,271
    Monthly: $403 + $5 GAP = $408/mo
    Down payment: first month + DMV (transfer plates)=$533

I leased from Star Toyota in Bayside (Queens), NY. My salesman was Anthony Cruz, he's a straight shooter and always stayed in touch, something I found lacking in most sales guys.
  • tabmantabman Posts: 4
    What dealership did you go thru? I am looking for a similar model.
  • cpolisecpolise Posts: 2
    Hello,

Live in Chicago area and looking for the 'out the door price (with taxes &fees)' I can pay for the Highlander SE with Navigation.

Appreciate any info on the recent prices paid before I talk to the dealers.

Thanks much !
    Been looking for highlander. Any Toyota dealerships in Dallas area where someone had good experience?
    Try carsdirect.com for pricing, usually pretty good, they will contact the dealership fo ryou and no "issues"... bought 2 cars through them..
    Were you able to find a deal on that one ? Wonder if you want to share your experience.
  • Looking at blizzard pearl 2012
    With:
    Tech pack
    Cold weather pack
    Aftermarket DVD 1152.00
    Total before tax, title, license is 29100.76

Good deal or keep going?
  • libualibua Posts: 2
    Send a message to Elgin Toyota asking for the ePrice (no haggle) price. They are the best deal that I found for Highlander Limited 4wd Nav Rear Ent for less than 38K
  • samkarsamkar Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy 2008 or 2009 Highlander Hybrid that has 70000+ mileage.

is it advisable to buy used hybrid cars?

Anything that I need to be aware of ? how does the maintainence work in used cars?
  • heywood1heywood1 Posts: 839
    I'm in western PA, and am also looking for a AWD Limited without Navigation. I have also been told by various salespeople that "it's the way Toyota makes them/sends them to us."
    So it's the not-optional option...?
  • hl_buyerhl_buyer Posts: 6
    Here is the deal for 2012 highlander SE V6 4x4:

MSRP: 36742 (includes SE pkg, tow prep and carpets)
    Price offered: 33300 (plus ttl and 0% finance)

Is this a good deal? Please advise!

Thanks!
    Well I found out a few things about this... I'll use California for a example (since that's where I am). Toyota makes models specific ways for certain sales regions... so for around me there is the Northern California Region, Southern California Region and then the Pacific Northwest Region (starts at the Oregon border). So in the 2 California regions I can't get/the product, is not shipped the way I want it, to these regions, but then checking and if I wanted to go to Oregon I could go purchase the vehicle that way in that region. So you can check the regions around where you are and call to see if they are available that way. Then decide is it worth the time and travel. I eventually got a SE without Navigation but with other options I wanted, but had to go to the Southern California region.
    Hope it helps
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 383
    edited May 2012
    If they wanted to go out and find one for you it is possible. It took the Dealership I am buying it from about 3 days to find. I am picking up my 2012 Limited V6 4x4 tomorrow. It has the JBL stereo package, Tow Package, and carpeted floor mat set. No Nav. MSRP $39,187 selling price $35,926 plus a $1000 rebate. Pretty much $500 below invoice and then the rebate. Hard to find in the Columbus, Ohio area. Has 6 miles on the Odometer according to the Dealer. They are driving it from another dealership in Ohio which will put about 100 miles on it. Like the previous poster stated that certain configurations are built for certain geographical areas. I initially wanted Nav but FWD. They looked within 300 miles away, but could not find anything in the two colors my Wife and I wanted which were Magnetic Gray and Cypress Green and couldn't locate anything. Told me FWD in the Limited V6 was very rare for this region. Toyota pretty much ships the 4wd only to this part of the country. Oh well saved me $500 by dropping the Nav and switching to the 4x4. I will probably be thankful if we have a bad winter.
    edited May 2012
    Sounds like a great deal for your Limited!
    I decided to go with an SE V6 AWD w/ tow prep and mats. There was a good selection in my area equipped this way (MSRP $36,742).
    This is a third vehicle for me-- and the first I have ever leased. The perforated leather/10-way seats on the LTD were more appealing, but ultimately I'm not sure I'm going to keep this car for the long haul, and I wasn't interested in paying to replace 19-inch tires on a leased vehicle.
    The SE fits my needs. Ideally, I wish I could have found one with JBL only. Base stereo sounds only marginally better than Arby's drive-thru.

I think my lease deal was very fair--and very simple:
    MSRP $36,742
    36 mo./15k
    Tier 1
    .00065 money factor
    Residual $21,270
    Nothing up front-- just signed and drove away.
    35 (thirty-five) payments of $462.92 ($416.88+ 37.52 PA tax + 8.52 gap)

I'm sure there's a better deal out there somewhere, but time is money. Squeezing every last drop out of a dealer doesn't thrill me the way it used to. This dealership is close to home and where I service my other Toyotas. Did the deal in 30 minutes, and drove away less than two hours later.
    Very pleased overall.
    edited May 2012
    Since you are taking the 0% (in lieu of $1,000 rebate), I think it is very fair. Make sure your dealer doesn't have ridiculous $500+ doc fee...
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 383
    Congrats on your new car. My Dealer sent a driver up to a dealer east of Cleveland yesterday and when the driver got there they had sold the vehicle. Even though they told my dealer that they would do a car flip. Fortunately the Sales Manager found the same optioned vehicle at a Dealership in Canton, Ohio and it is sitting at the Columbus Dealership being prep'd right now. We pick it up late today once my Wife, whom is a nurse, gets off work. Can't wait. What color did you get? We got the Grey Metallic with light Ash leather interior. I am worried about the price of replacing 19" tires. Kind of an odd tire size besides the fact it is larger. At the same time I spent several weeks considering a Ford Edge Limited with 20" Chrome Wheels. Came within a hair of ordering one to get a 2013 the way we wanted it but felt the MYFORDSYNC was going to be too complicated for my Wife and a distraction for either one of us while driving. Plus not enough cargo space. With Grand Kids now we felt we needed something larger than the Sorento we were trading in.
    Glad your dealer could find you another.
    Mine is Cypress with black interior. Cypress was my first color choice.

In addition to cost, my other issue with the 19" tires on the Limited is that there seem to be very few replacement options out there.

My experience with all Toyota OEM tires is that they are quiet, but not long-lasting or well-suited for bad weather. So I always replace them early with something else. Since this vehicle is a lease, I'll probably drive the OEM's until winter, and then install something better. Then I'll re-install the originals closer to turn-in time...
  • tundrav8tundrav8 Posts: 1
    Honestly I've had our highlander from
    Aug of last year 2011 and my impression is that Toyota
    Needs to redo this suv on the 3rd gen coming soon. Handling is not very good way too much
    Front over steer going on and I'm told that's normal.
    Don't get wrong I like the highlander but there are a few
    Things Toyota needs to address mainly
    Too much power in the front end that causes the steering
    Wheel to have way too much feedback .

Beyond that I'm happy with the highlander it's a nicely designed
    Suv and Bluetooth and navi is great.
    On redesign, they need to address the lack of storate spaces / drawers / cubbies in the car. Granted I came from years of a minivan, I am quite amazed of the limited number of reachable storage spaces from the drivers seat.
    At least the OEM Toyota tires are quiet! Biggest thing I notice between my old Honda's and the new Highlander.. the interior is so much quieter..
    Am I missing something, but I just have just bought a Highlander SE. I can control the A/C to be on or off in the back of the Highlander, but can I control the fan speen in the back from the front panel? Or it just left whereever the last person put it in when they sat in the back... I can't imagain that.. but I sure am missing something...
    This is probably a question for another forum, but you are correct:
    From the front panel, there is only on/off to control for HVAC in the rear.
    Fan speed and temp settings remain where the last rear seat passenger left them.