Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thank you for the information beechboy. $2000 below their invoice plus 0% apr financing would be nice to me. So, keep negotiating.
  • mherr05mherr05 Posts: 14
    We just bought a certified used 08 Blizz Pearl FWD HL Sport with 12,000 miles on for $27,000 even. All we had to pay was tax which was around $2k. Car was already registered and in CA the registration stays with car so dont have to pay it until next year. Car was a dealer rental and in great condition. Came with sun roof, roof rack, jbl sound package w/ bluetooth, XM prewire, all floor mats, rear ac. I think this was a good deal seeing that KBB says it should retail for more like $29k. Tell me what you think?

Now if I could just figure out what is needed to get the XM working(besides a subscription). There seems to be some confusion on this and I cant find the answer. Do I need to purchase a receiver or is it already in the car since the JBL package says pre-wired w/ antenna. ????
  • It seems sport model does not come with bluetooth in New England area. I have checked a few dealers, and I did not find any one with that.
    I do not know if your price is fair, but a AWD 08 sport is selling as less than $31,000.
    so AWD Sport in your area is or isn't selling for as low as $31K???
  • Sorry, I have corrected my typo. A dealer quotes me as $30.5k, which is only about $1200 below their invoice price. It seems we can get it as low as 29.5k with 0% financing, but I have not got that luck yet.
    Ok, I understand now.

I could not get a price lower than $31k in my area on a new one and that was even with a 3rd row seat delete, which we didnt want. Ours has the 3rd row. Our payments would still have been more on a new one paying the 4.9% for 60 months on $29k. Thats even if we could have gotten that. I found that here in CA no dealer was willing to match the TMV pricing. And I searched all dealers within 100 miles of me.

We originally offered $26,500 on this used one, and they acted like they were going to fall off their seats. Typical I know. I sorta wish we would have negotiated a little more, but $27k was our max so it is what it is. We are happy with the car.
  • I am now getting $1200 below their invoice + 0% financing, do you think it is acceptable? I am not sure if you mean $2000 below invoice with or without 0%, which does make $1500 difference.
  • Is it possible to get the Base price on a Limited AWD Highlander in NJ for 2K less than invoice? And is it reasonable to get invoice on Nav, Moonroof, Rear HVAC, Power back door, and rear spoiler?

Plus, 0% financing for 36 months?
  • I have been watching the Toyota lots in Baton Rouge, LA for over a month. The inventory has not changed much. They have many 08 Highlanders available. I have talked to two of the three dealership. They both started at invoice. They also both asked what other quotes I had received. I feel like if they start at invoice I should be able to get them to go lower. Does this seem reasonable?
  • That seems like a pretty good deal. The 0% over 36 months saves over $2000 in interest payments -- this assumes a $28,000 loan and an alternative loan of 5%.
  • got a quote for 35,000 + 2000 cashback on a limited awd w/navi, tow prep, moon roof, auto hvac

good price or could i go less?
  • jhornjhorn Posts: 18
    This is a good deal. Where did you get the deal at? I am in Pittsburgh. Over here, most dealers wanted at invoice.

John
  • findmefindme Posts: 36
    There is a used 08 near my home. When I inquired about the vehicle, I found that it was a basic HL without options that I really want. The salesman informed me that he could add leather and a sunroof to the vehicle. He claims that the leather they add is better than Toyota provides and was telling me that their sunroof would have a lifetime warranty from leakage where Toyota only has 3 years warranty. Has anybody went this route having the dealership add the features? I'm a little scared about the prospect of adding them, but I am very thrifty.
    Thanks!
  • Typical cost for Toyota Factory Sunroof is about $1000. I think Leather is usually
    available as part of package for Highlander.

You didn't mention costs for aftermarket versions for 08 Highlander.
    I'd estimate $1200 for sunroof and $1500 for quality leather.
    First thing, this Used 08,what's the mileage, is it a very good deal compare to
    New 08 Highlander? That matters the most IMHO.

Even if this used 08 is a good deal, I'd think twice before spending close to
    $3000 for aftermarket sunroof and leather. With current economy,you should be
    able to find New 08 Highlander with options you want for not much more than
    this used 08,if you have to spend $3000 on top of its price.

As far as quality of aftermarket sunroof-It maybe okay,but I doubt they will have
    lifetime warranty on leakage! Some aftermarket leather is very nice-But usually
    cost quite a bit.

Good luck! :)
  • Has anybody purchased a Highlander Limited Hybrid recently? If so, what price did you pay? I am looking for Hybrid Limited with Navigation, moon roof, front climate control, and auto rear climate.
  • I was quoted 35800 for a 2WD black limited highlander, loaded w/o NAV. Was wondering what other people were paying in the Texas area. Based on some previous posts, this quote seems high. The dealer is refusing to negotiate any further.
  • kkriskkris Posts: 3
    Has anyone recently purchased a Highlander Limited AWD without the Navigation and also without rear entertainment package. Please let me know what price did you pay. I need to purchase this vehicle before this 0% APR offer remains.

The one dealer I contacted in Des Moines area IA has quoted me the the Vehicle Base Model" price of 34,350. Edmunds quotes the invoice price of 30571. Does this mean that the dealer is asking me 3779 dollars more??

Please help me out with this.
  • m94m94 Posts: 2
    Hey,

Is the 26k with or w/o 0 Apr?

I got a one with exactly same load, the dealer asked for 26.6k with 0 apr. Is this good?
  • It was $36, 800 w/o the toyota financing incentive. I will probably be financing for 60 months, so the best rate I can get would be 2.9% through toyota. They offered to take $1500 more off if I went through another lender, since the the financing / incentive is either or.

I failed to mention that MSRP on the this particular vehicle was $38, 800. Their invoice claimed to be $35,100.

Where did you happen to get one for $26.6, or was that a typo? Are you in the Texas / Gulf refgion?
  • m94m94 Posts: 2
    No. I am in MA. This why I replied jh691's post. He has mentioned he got 26K without much haggling.

Please be noted that we are talking about the base mode, its msrp is only 31k sth. You said yours is 36800, so I guess yu are talkinga about sports or limited?