Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• whomaiwhomai Posts: 7
    May I know where did you buy your highlander?
    Is the fleet manager's price reliable?
    We went to a local Toyota dealer and no sale man care about us, so I go into the manager 's office directly and the fleet manager helped us. He give me one and said his price is the best one in the dealership.
    MSRP: 28710.00
    His price:26838.4
    And I do not think his price is the best, since there are plenty of better prices in this forum.
    Thanks.
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    Based on your quoted price it looks like there are not many extras on the vehicle, and for what I hear that nakes the negotiation to be less money...less msrp=less discounts...
    I also read that it is true that the prices offer by the fleet managers is usally the best since he respond only to the delaership owners and makes no commissions..but they are also hard to reach....maybe in your case hesaid that he was the fleet manager and maybe he is not,,,good luck to you
    To svofan2,
    Yes, I checked online and he is the fleet manager.
    The price he gave me is the "dealer invoice + $200". And he showed the "invoice" to me. But I did not believe him.
    Based on what I learned from this forum, some people did get the price below the dealer invoice.
    Thanks,
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    ..then the problem may be that that dealer is selling Highlanders with no problems so they are not willing to negotiate lower prices....if I were you I would use this price as comparison price and go shopping around and see what you find..maybe you should see what Fitz Automall is selling that vehicle for and then compare ..and compare again until you find someone with a price that YOU consider fair based on your research..remember conditions not only change from deler to dealer but also in different parts of the country..good luck, let us know how you finally do..
  • chatautochatauto Posts: 7
    Hi, I got an "e-Price" quote from one local MD Toyota dealer for a 4 cylinder base 4x2.

MSRP:$26,935
    Invoice: $24,761
    E-Price:$23,261

Is there any more room to lower the "e-Price" further ?

Thanks.
    Hi chatauto,
    I think this price is almost the best compare to what I got.
    You can ask whether highlander qualify the new graduate discount program if you are graduating/graduate within 2 years. We know definitely not, but they may give you some off by asking this.
    BTW, could you let me know which dealer did you get your quota?
  • jpettibonejpettibone Posts: 51
    Any extra equipment on it, or is it stock? And is that including the $750 rebate? Remember, you can't use that if you take Toyota financing. I'd say thats a pretty good price, overall, but you might have a bit of wiggle room to go lower if it's it has no extra equipment on it.
  • With evp4, moonroof, tow prep, alarm/immobilizer in the Boston area.

Quoted 30303 before rebate and trade (almost fitzmall's price for a very similar car)- opinions? This is from Copeland in Brockton, MA that I bought my 2007 Sienna from before. I've been very impressed with the way they do business- the Sienna was a painless purchase and a great price. Other dealers, not so much. I had one bad experience lately where we had a deal on a base evp2 moonroof in Waveline Pearl, and they (Boch South in N. Attleboro) backed out at the last minute after hours of setting up the deal. We had the price set, trade set, a few throwins (oil change and a free detail) all nailed down. A new manger got involved at the end and killed it. My wife and I were not happy, my 2 year old was beside herself, and they lost out on selling my in-laws an Avalon at the same time- we went in together for force in numbers. However the salesman was great, and we're not convinced that the price was the issue. They conveniently produced emails with a different quoted price time stamped after we were at the dealership. Needless to say I won't be going back there again, nor will my in-laws.
    I missed it! :(

I sent an e-mail to ask what options that 4x2 has and the next day it was gone from their web listing. Just my luck I guess.

Thanks and will keep searching and keep posting more questions here :)

Sincerely,
  • Price includes all incentives, excludes fees

VIN .............: JTEDS41A792082994
    Factory Installed Accessories: FE EH QB
    Port Installed Accessories ..: B3 CT MF
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 27600.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 1278.00
    Yes, that's a great price for the 6 cyl version. We paid just a bit less for the 4 cyl. Check to see if it has the 3rd row delete option. If you want the 3rd row, that model won't have it. That's one way to get the 6 cyl price lower. No big deal if you don't want that 3rd row.
    Hi, jpettibone,

Appreciated if you can tell me where you are and what options are on your Highlander L4? I was attracted by an e-mail quote but turns out it is not there. Although I was told the options it would have are FE, EH, CQ, RL.

A different dealer said that it will not match that quote since the quote is just trick to get people in. The e-mail assumes 2 rebates that I would not qualify ( military personnel and new college graduate ). The fine print does say "e-price includes all applicable rebates and incentives" on the email. That different dealer quoted me $24776 and $255xx to get out of door!

Did any one in mid-Atlantic region get a L4 version Highlander for less?

Thanks.
    The problem with Toyota prices is that specific regions can only get specific packages of options. I'm in the MO, KS region, and ours had...

TH, DJ, PE, DR, EH, & Floor Mats for 24750 including dest. & fees. Tax was extra, since you directly to the state after a sale in MO. That included the $1000 rebate from the last period (which I think is $750 now).

Compared to the equipment on ours, I think that price is still a bit high.

I don't think there were any TH packages in the mid-Atlantic region, but I could be wrong. They can always get cars from other regions, but they may try to up the cost on you. Good luck.
    Thanks to everyone who contributed here.

I went with the 2009 base Highlander (4 cylinders, FWD) with FE, EH, CQ, and RL. After dealer coupon and Toyota customer cash, I got OOD $23677 ( VA car sale tax is about 3% ). Unfortunately, no free stuff thrown in.

The dealer is "355 Toyota" in Maryland if you are interested.

Again, thanks.
    That sounds like a very good deal. Our sales tax in MO on cars is more like 8%, so consider yourself lucky.
    jpettibone,

In VA we pay car tax (called personal property tax) every year.

Recall your comment about option availability for a region, I think you are right on. All the base 4 cylinders I saw have same options. Some may have additional floor mat, that is it.
    Hi, fellow edmunders :)

I got my new base 4 HL, and the dealer is offerring lifetime oil change ( filter not included ) for $875. That price also include a set of floor mat ( I have already ordered weathertech floor liner for the HL, expensive ! ). I think the rest of them are just gimick... Should I bite the bullet?

Does any one have an idea how much does it cost for an oil change on a 4 cylinder SUV ??

Thanks in advance.
    Well, let's do the math. For the first 100,000 miles, let's say you change the oil every 5k miles. That's 20 oil changes. If you sell the car at 100,000 miles, and each oil change would cost you about $25 retail, that would be $500. Hard to make that deal work out in your favor at less than 100,000k. If you make it to 200,000, then we're talking $1000, and the deal would work out. Tweek the parameters to fit your exact situation. I'm not counting the cost of the floor mats, since they have no actual value to you. IMHOP, it's not worth it.
    We do that in MO too. I pay something like $400 a year personal property tax. That's in addition to the much higher sales tax. It's loose-loose. :(

I grew up in VA, so I know how they work over there. We've got nearly the same system here in MO.