Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dlplohdlploh Posts: 9
    Looks like MSRP 29415, INVOICE 26521, so you paid approx 480 over invoice.

If you went with the 0% for 60 months financing then you got a good deal. If you paid cash, then not a good deal. 29k would produce $3500-4500 in interest at 2.5% to 3.0% interest in a 5 year FDIC insured CD.
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Posts: 30
    edited March 2010
    I have an offer of 34,000 without the DVD RES. Where are you located?
  • mullahmullah Posts: 1
    We bought a Highlander Limited 2010 recently. It didn't have the built in GPS. The price we paid was $34k including a rebate of $750. It had all the features of Limited version along with an extra value package worth $2500.

I would like to know whether the price was right. We bought this at invoice price.
  • That is a great offer with the navigation system for a 2010 AWD Limited Highlander. where are you located.
  • That is a great offer. Where are you located?
  • espressooespressoo Posts: 20
    I don't think he was referring to the AWD version but instead the FWD. Limited AWD w/Nav (EVP8) is right around $35K. FWD version is $1K less. Unless a local dealership is offering some cash incentives that Toyota isn't, there's no way they would pay you $1K to purchase a Limited AWD w/Nav. Sales might be down but it's not that bad.
  • Can't seem to PM here in this forum. Any other way of contacting you?
  • bb222bb222 Posts: 4
    Is this a cash buy or 0% for (how many) months?
  • You can get this for 31K+0%.
    I got this last weekend. I got this with carpet mats included.
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Posts: 30
    Correct. It is a 2wd limited nav evp8 for 33843. The awd is 36k with nav evp8 but also includes the Over priced xm radio for 500. Dealer will add RES for 1200 to any limited having evp8.

All of these have rear spoiler and mats.

Hope this helps. Best deals I've found are Maryland and Virginia areas.
  • 6sam66sam6 Posts: 8
    Where did you buy this from. I am in MO and got the best quote of 30900 for 2WD SE.
    I am in STL area, how is your purchase going?
    Hi,

If you respond with the sales person name or send email to happysam66gmailcom, that would be great.
    After months of reading and 2 weeks of negotiations, we finally picked up a Highlander with the following options.

2010 Highlander Limited AWD
    Blizzard Pearl/Beige
    Extra Value Package #8 (w/Nav)
    Sport-Styled Rear Spoiler
    V6 Towing Prep Package
    Cross Bars
    Carpet/Cargo Mat
    MSRP: $40,014
    Price Paid: $35,630 + TTL
    0% APR for 60 months

Car was purchased in MD. I spoke to countless dealerships around the MD/VA/DC area. Most wanted $36.2K-$37.9K for the same exact vehicle. Blizzard Pearl Limited with EVP8 are in high demand in this area so not many wanted to negotiate on price. The ones that were on the lot were either spoken for or sold within a week. I lucked out and contacted a dealership with a similar car on hand just with a different interior. I threw out $35.5K and they accepted within a 10 min phone conversation. Since they didn't have the beige interior, they did a dealership trade in PA and the car had one additional option so it bumped the price up a tad. I was a bit surprise their willingness since this was basically a no profit sales for them which had me nervous of a bait and switch. Turns out everything worked out smoothly and we got the exact vehicle we were looking for down to the VIN number. This Highlander has a JT VIN which was a plus since it wasn't affected by the recall.

Thanks to all the other people who shared their purchases. This allowed us to get a better idea of what's possible in terms of pricing so hopefully our experience will help someone else. :)
  • synch22synch22 Posts: 16
    looks like a solid deal is that below invoice? We went with Blizard Pearl with the Ash interior for our Highlander Hybrid Limited. Picking it up in a week or so.
    hi justchill,

Can you please respond asap. I contacted this dealer and they quoted 31399 for FWD not AWD. Can you please email me happysam66atgmail.com

Thanks
    I priced it out using Edmunds and that's right about invoice but Carpet/Cargo Mats weren't listed on Edmunds. On the sticker, it's an additional $275 (more likely $100) that I guess we got for free.

We went with beige since the interior for the non-Hybrid Limited comes with darker wood trim. Ash with the darker trim looks out of place. I do like the Hybrid lighter trim but that's not an option.
  • dams2dams2 Posts: 4
    I think its a good price.I bought my Highlander in early Jan 2010 before the recall very close to your quote.Details below.

Silver/Beige
    11" Delaer Installed Rear Entertainment with Wireless headphones .
    Toyota Remote Engine Starter.(Factory Installed)
    Cross Bars
    Carpet/Cargo Mat
    V6 Towing Prep Package
    Chrome Exhaust Tip

Price Paid: $37,150 + Title and Tax.

But unfortunately there was no 0% APR at that time.
  • dams2dams2 Posts: 4
    I think its a good price.I bought my Highlander in early Jan 2010 before the recall .Details below.

Silver/Beige
    11" Delaer Installed Rear Entertainment with Wireless headphones .
    Toyota Remote Engine Starter.
    Cross Bars
    Carpet/Cargo Mat
    V6 Towing Prep Package
    Chrome Exhaust Tip

Price Paid: $37,150 + Title and Tax.

But unfortunately there was no 0% APR at that time.
    Hi bwhawk20

Can you please respond by email happysam66atgmail.com. I am negotiating with the dealer in shawnee mission, KS.

Thanks