Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mj95mj95 Posts: 2
    I am in Florida. I bought it last night. Purchase price: $37,510. I used Zag, aka Truecar, to set the price. The Zag price also included floor mats, running boards, cross bars, tow package, tow hitch, and exhaust tip. I added 50 state factory tint and Toyoguard Elite when I talked to the dealer, as I could not select them through Zag. They did not increase my price.

It looks like the Zag price is now higher than the Truecar price, and both are lower than what I paid, so if you are looking for a no haggle low price make sure you try both Truecar and Zag.
  • mj95mj95 Posts: 2
    when I purchased last night, 0% was only available for 36 months. 48 months was 1.9%. 60 months was 2.9%.
  • Got a 2011 FWD Lmd with Navi. for 35800 plus tax & tag and 200 processing fee. Quarlified for the 60 month 0%.
    After 2 days, signed up on the Toyota Owner web site, found out, there was a hail damage to the car. But the dealer didn't disclose to us when we test driving the car or signing the papers. Called the Toyota Customer Service, and they direct my compaint to the dealer ship. The dealer ship kind of saying, all their car had the hail damages, so they had disclose that to all the customers. Which I have no knowledge about until I sign up to the Toyota owner's web site, and the dealer claims I should have sign the papers, which they are trying to locate it. Really odd, since if I really got the disclosure information, then I would ask to check on the repair to make sure the car is really got FIXED. However, they are just trying to tell me, they told us the information, and we sign the paper and happy with it. Was feeling very happy with getting the new car, but now, it feels really bad... :(
  • Ask you dealer to show a copy of a signed acknowledgment. Can you see any damage on the car?
  • I did ask for that, and they said they will be able to get them today. There are still some small dents after I examed it closely.

I will include the dealership if things didn't get resolved properly, so everyone can avoid the same problem that I had.
  • luckysevenluckyseven Posts: 134
    edited September 2011
    If they can't produce signed by you document accepting hail damage then ask them to replace the car with undamaged one or reimburse you for the damage. You can always take them to small claims court. This is highly unusual that dealership tried to conceal this type of a damage on a new car.
  • overeatovereat Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    Thanks luckyseven for all your advices.

They did try to correct the problem by getting someone to fix those hail damages, so there was a record showing on Toyota Owner's web site when I enter the VIN#. However, no one told us about it, and assuming we should understand we had the hail storm, so I will be expecting they leave a NEW car in the open space to get those damages and selling it to me like nothing had happend...

They just called me and said they could NOT find that document in my folder. And they just keep saying, it should be in my folder, and there might be something happend during the exchanging hands when processing of my documents. They offered me a free tank of gas to go back to the dealership to SIGN the document... Very professional way of handling my case! I just tried to call the consumer hotline of the state, but they closed today, so I will try to call them tomorrow to see what kind of steps that I can take at this stage...
  • I just got an offer from a dealer last night, $38149 +TTL, $500 above invoice. 2.9 APR for 60 months. Sounds little pricey.
  • zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 66
    I went along to Lee's toyota for the cost co car buying program in queens ny.
    the cost co buying program only provided special 2.9 finance.
    there was no price difference on the car, I got a better deal at another dealer w/o the cost co car buying program
  • donvpdonvp Posts: 6
    Has anyone bought one, and what you paid. Can you post the price you paid pre-tax or OTD and list the options. I am in the market for one and just wonder what everyone is paying.
    Thanks in advance
  • I just bought a 2012 Highlander Limited 4WD w/ Nav, Audio Upgrade and Tow Prep for invoice in the midwest. I was also able to get 1.9% financing (60 months) despite them only advertising 2.9%.

Best of luck to you all!!
  • packerbacker12packerbacker12 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    :)
    Well thank goodness we finally finished the car buying process after much deliberation. We came somewhat close to choosing the Mazda CX-9.

Anyway the 2012 Highlander won us over on many levels. The deal-breaker might have been the inclusion of the Tech (and Cold-weather) Package with the 2012 Base Highlander. Not an option on the 2011 Base. We also had a 1999 Sienna for 12 years, so that probably factored in too.

We did not finance and got the e-price of $31,275.00. The e-price from our dealer made the buying experience pain-free! We even got a bit fancy and chose the Cypress Pearl color. They would have much preferred us to choose one of the many grey, silver, black or white models.

We found the edmunds.com very helpful in the process. Hope the rest of you still in the process find this posting helpful. Good luck!
    :)
  • chibenchiben Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a 2012 Highlander 4WD Limited with Nav. In trying to negotiate, I am trying to figure out what actual dealer cost is. Anyone out there who can help me? Any and all responses are appreciated. Thanks.
  • eh270eh270 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    2012 Highlander V6 4WD (new)
    Dark red / tan interior
    + Tow package
    + Remote starter
    + Floor mats

$34900 before taxes and fees. We had negotiated $34000 on a very similar vehicle the dealer had on the lot but we hated the color (gold/tan), so we paid a premium to have the car brought from another dealer further away.
  • I want a Highlander 2WD V6 SE before thanksgiving. I have received many offers via email of 1400 less than invoice (3500 under MSRP). Is this a great deal now, or should I wait until November and see if it is better. My problem is that I do not know if it will go up in November (I will have to buy in the beginning of the month).
  • eh270eh270 Posts: 2
    I don't know how much truth there is to this, but the dealer we were negotiating with said that the interest rates on financing will typically go up in late fall and winter. Right now they are 2.90%.
  • I am not financing, so the percentages do not matter. If the financing deals are going to disappear, then maybe they will be more desperate to sell. I just wish I knew what the "secret" deals from manufacturer (or distributor) to dealer were.
  • I am an internet manager at a Toyota dealership in Texas. I can tell you that 1400 below invoice is a great deal. Good Job!!!!
  • mws3mws3 Posts: 3
    Would you mind sharing your geographic area and the final details of your deal (when completed). I am interested in the OTD cost (inclusive of all fees) and any details on options.
  • vnedmundsvnedmunds Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    I got a quote $35706 Plus 1000 rebate or 0% in 36 or 1.9 for more than 36 months

for a

Display 2011 Highlander Limited AWD
    Mileague: 11000
    Never been registered
    Options:
    Voice activated touch-screen DVD
    JBL AM/FM
    V6 Towing Prep Package
    Preferred Accessory Package
    Paint Protection Film
    tow Hitch with Wiring Harness
    VIP - Glass Breakage Sensor

It already has 11K on it and 1 year depreciation, is it a good price?

Thank you for your inputs.