Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX (All years/types)

Comments

• luca1luca1 Posts: 29
    I have the Titanium interior. It's a bit lighter than I thought it would be, but I like it. I've only had the car for about 6 weeks so I really can't address the "dirt" issue as of yet. My Jeep Liberty had ivory leather seats and I had no problem keeping the seats clean. I'm the only driver and very rarely have passengers. What exterior color are you looking at?

wendy
  • I would like the Pearl White. Right now, they are not readily available. There is only one out there on a dealers lot. My dealer here said they did a dealer trade and they will have it in a couple of days if I want it. What is your exterior color?
    I have the jade green metallic. It's a bit deceiving because it looks more grey. The paint chips on the Acura and edmund's sites don't really do the color justice. It's a lot better looking in person. I've not seen the Pearl White. My dealership didn't have one on the lot when I got mine.

wendy
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    I have the titanium interior - does not pick up dirt easily. Admittedly the car is only 9 months old, but already has 12K miles and is used extensively to carry around my niece and nephew, who are good at making a mess normally! The interior still looks like new despite spills and scuffs.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• nitromaxnitromax Posts: 641
    Does anyone have the titanium color interior? How is it holding up? Does it get dirty easily?

I have the titanium cloth in my 2002 model (purchased in September 2001)
    and I have over 52,000 miles. I have not seen any wear or any dirt spots.

I do have a worn spot on the drivers side rug where my right heel rests though. Oh, the horrors! :-)
    in my (stick shift) 4Runner, and they were worn through to the last threads in three months. For a $60 set of mats (I liked the embroidered '4Runner' logo so I bought them at the dealer).

Point is, I have been quite impressed with how well the RSX mats have held up compared to some of the other cheap crap I have experienced in recent times.

• beowulf7beowulf7 Posts: 290
    That is true that there are tradeoffs. But just judging by the ratings and reviews, it seems like the Ultra High Performance All-Season tires I mentioned have a *lot* more "pros" than "cons".

The treadwear is rated very highly. Granted, they don't have mileage warranties, but as nippon said, the tire treadwear warranties don't usually mean much. Heck, I can take the highest rated mileage tire (say 60 kmi.) and make them bald in one day. ;)
    My car is about 2.5 years old and 25+ kmi. I have DSM, which means I have the titanium color interior. It's holding up well and I do like it. Many think that black (ebony) is sexy, but IMO, titanium (tan/gray) is classy and clean. :)

So how did you do in trying to sell your car?

BTW, Edmunds recently did a follow-up review on the 2005 Acura RSX Type-S. It did pretty well.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/acura/rsx/100449649/roadtestartic- le.html?articleId=103504&tid=edmunds.h..wkedmunds.roadtests.1- .*
  • Thank you for the great follow-up article on the '05 RSX-S. I placed an ad in our local paper and I didn't get one single phone call. I would imagine maybe because of the time of year? I might try another paper this week. Any suggestions? To be honest, I haven't been trying really hard yet, I haven't even put signs on the car. Once again, the pearl white color RSX-S that I want isn't really available yet, so it's hard to plan.
  • I just bought a 2005 RSX Type-S on Friday and I absolutely LOVE it... just can't wait til the break in period is over! I have the pearl blue exterior with black interior and it looks really nice. There was a pearl white colored one at the dealership that I bought this from but I really wasn't too impressed with it.. have you seen it in person yet?

Amanda
  • HI Amanda,
         Congratulations on your exciting purchase.
    No, I have not seen the pearl white in person. Maybe I should wait until I see it in person, maybe I might not like it either. The pearl blue is very cool looking. That is my second choice. I personally would like to get away from the black leather interior. What other colors did you see in person? What looked good? Thanks.
  • I love the black leather interior! That might be because my GS-R had the tan leather and I just got sick of it. Anyway, I saw a red one in the show room which was gorgeous and one of the darker silver ones which was okay (almost every RSX I see is in silver or gray). I forgot to add a PS on my last message that my father and brother liked the white so that might be a man thing :). I just think the white with titanium is very bland. But the new red this year looks really nice!
  • That is really interesting. I was wondering about the red. I have seen the '04 model in red and to me it reminds me too much of the Oldmobile Alero. We only have 2 Acura dealers here, and the colors so far are very limited: blue, silver black and the new rust or orange color. It is difficult to tell from pictures. Is this a good time of the year to buy an '05? Do you feel like you got a good deal on your car?
    has been a fairly slow seller this year. I would think if you are looking for a real bargain, it would be best to wait until year's end. Not only is that traditionally a slow time of year for dealers, they generally get extra incentives for selling more in the old calendar year. Right now, they are still riding the (small) wave that has come from the '05 model update.

• I wouldn't worry too much about the break in period. The dealer even suggested driving the car fairly hard in that first 600 mile break in period to get the VTEC "tuned" properly. I only have 1700 miles on my '05 and have loved every mile of the driving. These engines are indestructible as far as I can tell, and I've owned previous VTEC's. These are racing type engines that demand to be driven in that fashion.

Have fun,
    Congrats Amanda! I've had my Type-S for 2 months and it's such a blast. I have about 1200 miles on mine, but I didn't really wait for the "break in" to test it out. '=) I love the way it handles on curving roads. I've not seen the blue or white in person yet. Have fun!

Wendy
  • Thanks for the good wishes! I took the advise from you and "techfun" and had a lot of fun on the drive to school and back this morning. Now, I'm excited for the drive to work! This is my first new car and I'm having a great time with it...I think I made a good decision :). I just don't want to new car smell to go away! I don't know if I got the best price but I payed about 1,500 under the sticker price, which is better than a lot of people I know with the same car living in the Phila area!
  • Amanda, Sounds like you paid about $22,600 which is a good price. I paid 22,900 but this was 7 weeks ago when the car was just coming out so I was happy with that price all things considered. I am still having more fun with each passing day driving the type s. It is just so fun to take it up above 8k. I haven't hit the rev limiter yet, and I've had it up to 8500 rpm's many times. I'm wondering where the limiter is. Has anyone else hit the limiter yet? Where do they have it set at?
    Sorry for the late response. You're welcome for the link. I'm sorry to hear no one was interested in your car for sale. It is not easy at all. That's why a lot of people bite the bullet and just trade it in. Did you try Auto Trader and EBay? I think Auto Trader (www.autotrader.com) lets you list the car on their site forever until the car is sold for a fixed price. But one of my friends tried that and it took him a *very* long time to sell his cars. (Yes, he had multiple cars he was trying to get rid of.)
    Congrats on your 2005 RSX Type-S, Amanda.

Have fun breaking it in. You mentioned you're in the Philly area. As FYI, there are some of us in that region (esp. South Jersey) who have a meet every once in a while to check out each others RSXs and help each other out in modding. Would you be interested in that? We'll probably start doing more of that once the weather warms up, say next April.