Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX (All years/types)

Comments

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    That begs the question, "can there BE life after RSX?" :cry:

:-P

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• OK, then "Life after RSX or lack thereof"
  • I just got a mailing from my dealer advertising a supposed "super deluxe mega buyout offering!" or somesuch, saying that there's a big demand for used RSXs, and implying that they'd be giving much better trade-in offers for my 2002 RSX than usual.

I've occasionally gotten such mailings in the past for my previous car, a Saturn.

I tend to assume such things are 99% B.S., but is there anything to it in this case, given the model's end? Is this actually an unusually good time to "trade up?" Any opinions on the TSX or TL sedans? I've driven some loaner TSX cars when my RSX was in the shop, and was fairly impressed.

(And is Acura expected to introduce a new coupe of some sort in a year or two, or are they going to a sedan-only line?)
    I am sure it's total BS, they just want to sell you a new car.

And there will be an NSX replacement in about a year, but I don't know of anything concrete in terms of a more affordable sport coupe.

• hugh5hugh5 Posts: 5
    If you look into the Canadian market you might get an idea of the RSX's replacement..the CSX basically a Honda Civic 4 door with RSX running gear - 2l 155hp, 5 speed auto, paddles etc.

Actually a great driving car
    has always had a trumped up Civic sedan sold as an Acura, wasn't it the EL before? I doubt we will see such a car sold as an Acura in the U.S. - here Acura wants to "move upmarket".

• im a newbee to the import cars and im just about to get a type s 04 i have been reading on here bout all the noises and things but no one is saying anything about the 04 doing that... does any one have that problem? And also im going to buy my acura from a mazda dealer so its not commin with the acura warranty is that good or bad cause it sounds like this car has some problems with noise.. i was just wanting to know if the 04's have break problems this car has 43000 miles on it is that good or bad for an 04? if someone could get back to me asap that be great...
  • hey i bought an 04 type - s recently. I love the car. I didnt feel the noice as an issue, rather i love how it sounds.! Admitting the fact that its only been less than a month, i think its a good car.
  • ok thats good to hear my friend works for acura and one of his buddy said that these cars are quote "rattle box's" but i havent heard anything on my car its really smooth. It also came with and aem air intake and exaust so thats a pluss. does anyone know how much hp u get usually off those two mods?
  • vibsrvibsr Posts: 47
    I'll come at you from a practical angle. ;) I bought an '04 RSX brand new. It is the base model with the 5-spd manual. I've had it 3 years and 2 months. It is one fantastic little ride. :) I have 62,### miles on it.
    I change my own oil (synthetic oil only).
    The brakes were replaced at 61,000 miles.
    The tires were replaced at 52,000 miles.
    The only thing that really went wrong was the auto-up feature on the driver's window. It goes 3/4 up, stops, and retracts an inch (time to see the dealership).

ADVICE: Unless you are very patient, do not attempt to replace a blown headlight on this car. This is a job best left to someone with VERY small hands. You'll also need a mirror that can fit in a space that you cannot otherwise see. Otherwise, buy the bulb and take it to the dealership. From a maintenance standpoint, the headlight bulb retainer assembly on this car is the dumbest thing I've ever seen! :(

Outside of that, this car is GREAT!
  • zaringzaring Posts: 1
    03 Acura drivers window repair by Zaring
    Does anyone know how to remove the inside door panel for access to window mechanism?
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,014
    Did Acura discontinue the RSX for 2007? I was looking for info on Edmunds but it only goes up to 2006 in the used car section.

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    Yup...

There is supposed to be a TSX coupe in a couple of years to replace it.
  • raash73raash73 Posts: 11
    were you able to pass the Canadian tire inspection with all the mods you had on the acura??? thanks
  • nitromaxnitromax Posts: 641
    I just thought I would check in here. Ibought my RSX in Oct of 2001 and now have over 106,000 miles on it.
    No major issues and still an average of 30mpg.

Things fixed over the years:
    -fog lights cracked (no surprise...they replaced for free)
    -spring on coin door broke
    -foglights cracked (no surprise..they replaced for free again)
    -vtec solenoid failed around 50,000 miles and kept it from going above 4000 rpms
    -foglights cracked (lol) (they replaced for free and said they wouldn't do it again)

thats it..uneventful besides that. I change the oil regularly with Mobil1 and use a re-usable K&N air filter.
  • nitrousxlnitrousxl Posts: 12
    I am trying to decide between the two abovementioned cars and it seems that the RSX is faster while the Civic has better steering and braking. The RSX being the older car is also cheaper for the same number of miles than the Civic. Which car gets the better gas mileage? Are there any other advantages/disadvantages I should consider?
  • cz75cz75 Posts: 210
    The Civic will get around 27mpg on a combined cycle and over 30 on long highway trips. The only disadvantage I can think of applies to both - a notchy third gear synchro set that likes synchromesh transmission fluid to do its job correctly.
  • vibsrvibsr Posts: 47
    You'll get some cargo carrying capability with the RSX (hatchback) if you need it.
  • Hey, I damaged one of my rims and I need to replace it. Can someone give me some advice on where I can get a used rim in decent shape. I lease this car and I will be returning it in May 2009 so I don't want to waste money on a new rim. I live in North Jersey.
  • hello all. my sister has an extra acura RSX S type thanks to a magical disappearing husband and will be looking to sell soon. it's the metallic orange, 46k, ebony leather interior, and i can provide more details when i see her later this week. is there any really good places to list this car for sale that would target potential acura owners? it is a really sharp car, but she can do without the car payment and is happy with her RAV4. any ideas would be very much appreciated. i am posting here as it seems to be a natural place to ask. i have had alot of success with the edmund's impala group, and figure you all are more of the same good people. thanks much... sincerely, john h.