Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RSX (All years/types)

1444546474850»

Comments

• zaringzaring Member Posts: 1
    03 Acura drivers window repair by Zaring
    Does anyone know how to remove the inside door panel for access to window mechanism?
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,533
    Did Acura discontinue the RSX for 2007? I was looking for info on Edmunds but it only goes up to 2006 in the used car section.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Yup...

There is supposed to be a TSX coupe in a couple of years to replace it.
  • raash73raash73 Member Posts: 11
    were you able to pass the Canadian tire inspection with all the mods you had on the acura??? thanks
  • nitromaxnitromax Member Posts: 640
    I just thought I would check in here. Ibought my RSX in Oct of 2001 and now have over 106,000 miles on it.
    No major issues and still an average of 30mpg.

Things fixed over the years:
    -fog lights cracked (no surprise...they replaced for free)
    -spring on coin door broke
    -foglights cracked (no surprise..they replaced for free again)
    -vtec solenoid failed around 50,000 miles and kept it from going above 4000 rpms
    -foglights cracked (lol) (they replaced for free and said they wouldn't do it again)

thats it..uneventful besides that. I change the oil regularly with Mobil1 and use a re-usable K&N air filter.
  • nitrousxlnitrousxl Member Posts: 12
    I am trying to decide between the two abovementioned cars and it seems that the RSX is faster while the Civic has better steering and braking. The RSX being the older car is also cheaper for the same number of miles than the Civic. Which car gets the better gas mileage? Are there any other advantages/disadvantages I should consider?
  • cz75cz75 Member Posts: 210
    The Civic will get around 27mpg on a combined cycle and over 30 on long highway trips. The only disadvantage I can think of applies to both - a notchy third gear synchro set that likes synchromesh transmission fluid to do its job correctly.
  • vibsrvibsr Member Posts: 47
    You'll get some cargo carrying capability with the RSX (hatchback) if you need it.
  • mrfurious214mrfurious214 Member Posts: 11
    Hey, I damaged one of my rims and I need to replace it. Can someone give me some advice on where I can get a used rim in decent shape. I lease this car and I will be returning it in May 2009 so I don't want to waste money on a new rim. I live in North Jersey.
  • john_giliusjohn_gilius Member Posts: 30
    hello all. my sister has an extra acura RSX S type thanks to a magical disappearing husband and will be looking to sell soon. it's the metallic orange, 46k, ebony leather interior, and i can provide more details when i see her later this week. is there any really good places to list this car for sale that would target potential acura owners? it is a really sharp car, but she can do without the car payment and is happy with her RAV4. any ideas would be very much appreciated. i am posting here as it seems to be a natural place to ask. i have had alot of success with the edmund's impala group, and figure you all are more of the same good people. thanks much... sincerely, john h.
    sorry all. 2005 rsx s type, not an 06. my bad. sincerely, john h.
  • acurazachacurazach Member Posts: 3
    Hey this is zach i am actually looking for an rxs type s what year is it and how much does she want for it?thanx
    uhh, zack, didn't you already buy this car from my sister?? LOL i sold the car a month or so ago, to a guy named zack, here in michigan. sorry i forgot about this posting, i should have stated that the RSX was moved.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The forums cannot be used to buy and sell items. Please avoid making "items for sale" or "wanted to buy" kind of posts. Thanks.
    pf, i am sure if you looked very closely at post 2573, my title was "where to list" my car online, as i was not aware if there was a better site than say craigslist or ebay out there to target potential buyers for the car. i knew full well these forums are not buy/sell places..... i read that when i signed on. what was the harm in asking that on your precious forum? i am glad the retarded pocket "rocket" is gone, personally. funny you said nothing about my post when i originally put it up a few months ago.
  • bondsmanbondsman Member Posts: 2
    Where is the best place/forum to get repair information on the RSX. I am having an intermittent blower motor problem and need information/schematics etc.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    edited October 2010
    Hey nitromax, just wondering if you still have your RSX? You were at 106K two years ago, so I'm thinking it might finally have been replaced.

My own has been gone a while, sacrificed to offroad truck fever, which truck has now been replaced by my second Subaru Outback Sport. The OBS is a fun car to drive, faster off the line than my RSX was due mainly to the AWD, but without the RSX's superlative handling. Good for the snow though.

Almost six years ago I mentioned here that my sister had leased a base 5-speed on my recommendation, and that as soon as she had been driving it for a few days, she had begun to wonder if she would turn it in at the end of the 3-year lease as planned.

Well I'm happy to report she is finishing up year six of her RSX ownership as we speak, and has enjoyed the car immensely. She is facing that same problem so many owners of small sport coupes do: the RSX doesn't fit a growing family very well, so it may very well be gone before year seven is up.

She has never had any of the problems the earlier RSXs came to be infamous for - the strut problems and the transmission problems; in fact hers has never needed any repair.

I was just reading back through a few of the early posts in this thread back in '01-'02, and was viewing with a grin the many posters saying they would keep theirs ten years for sure. In the end, car fever got me and I traded it (a decision I now regret) - how many of you "ten year" folks kept yours?

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

This discussion has been closed.