Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX (All years/types)

Comments

• acbeacbe Posts: 16
    Okay, I've got some con's for you: A center armrest would be nice. A standard spoiler would also look great with the type-S. The Bose and subwoofer could be more enhanced. Larger tires would help performance. Even though all those would be awesome additions, I am still enjoying the car even more each time I drive it!! :-)
  • verozahlverozahl Posts: 574
    Besides the center armrest, people have also noticed the lack of body-side molding on the RSX.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    isn't that a good thing?

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

My car lives in a public parking garage. I can't stay awake at nights protecting it from Impala and Grand Prix owners' door-opening recklessnesses. It needs the body-colored side molding.

On the other hand, because my car is the 'most stolen' model, I should camp out in it or something more often. Good thing Acuras have the electronic-chip key... don't think it's gonna deter a major thief, though.
  • swinga7swinga7 Posts: 45
    I have molding on my civic and I have to say its pretty useless. all my dings are above it (damn fat suv drivers) and i'm insane about where I park it too. I'm always out in the middle of nowhere but of course when I come out of a store the guy with the biggest nastiest piece of junk truck is parked right next to me. he must be worried that someone would scratch his rust. its a losing battle :(
  • himilerhimiler Posts: 1,209
    You can buy custom stuff at www.sportwing.com

I was going to get the dealer-installed molding from the Accord Coupe for my Prelude (they use the same paint code for the silver), but the stuff was pretty flimsy and didn't attach very well.

Now I just park waaaaay over there instead.
  • jfunkjfunk Posts: 25
    himiler-
    I have to concur with you regarding the "F-bodies" comments you made, I was specifically going to mention the wide rubber factor but you beat me to it, this is simply a matter of fact- not to just bash domestics.
    Regarding the weight issue, no the new Accord coupe probably wont be lighter than the G5 Prelude, particularly with a V6 but if they could keep it relatively low, say 3250 lbs give or take, I think would be acceptable- remember the M3 and CL-S weigh in at approximately 3500 lbs.

nippononly-
    Let's wait until we see what arrives on our shores before we chastise the new Accord, we may be pleasantly surprised.
    Honda has officially killed the Prelude as we know it, we are supposed to look to the RSX and new Accord coupe variant to fill the void according to Honda. The coupe variant will be more sporting, with enhanced performance, trust me on this, if I am wrong I'll eat my shorts. They have said the V6 will be a carry over,(as stated in Motor Trend 4/02) if this is the case it could still be tuned to say 220 Hp for the standard V6 Accord, and a rumoured 240 Hp for the sporty coupe.
    (These are my predictions, you can quote me on them come model launch)
    Not sure about the "next Prelude" being based on the S2K chasis- would be great, that is if Honda does resurrect the lude in a couple years, but I wouldn't count on it being the Accord coupe. I have also read rumours of a smallish RWD "3-series fighter" sedan in the Acura line slotted below the CL/TL, and in my opinion this is necessary for Honda/Acura to compete with the likes of the new G35, IS300, and the 3-series, and most importantly because I want one.
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Posts: 776
    IMO, Prelude replacement is uninspiring unless it has ATTS or RWD. I kind of wish the RSX-S had one or the other, too.
  • jfunkjfunk Posts: 25
    Heck, I just wish the RSX had wishbones on the drive wheels (not to open up that can 'o' worms again...but) From what I have heard there has been something of an internal battle at Honda over the dumping of the DWB's, even rumors that they may bring them back in a couple of years- at least in the Civic and I would assume RSX also. As I understand it they went with the struts as a cost saving measure, but later found out that there were really not much cheaper.
    (perhaps to tune them to the degree necessary as in the Civic Si/RSX) And the struts DO work well with these vehicles, though I would prefer the more sophisticated DWB's.

Curious, when you say "uninspiring"(in your last post) are you meaning in order for it to be a be a worthy successor to the last iteration of the Prelude?

That said, I would like to see the Prelude resurrected in say two years in RWD, I'm with you there. Hmmm, how about IMA's in the front to go with the RWD, or even ATTS in the front with the RWD now that would be interesting (hey even RWD has understeer!) but I'm sure that would push the price up to much- food for thought though.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    they went to the struts as opposed to the DWBs to increase space in the passenger compartment, or something?

I think Honda is pretty serious about having a new prelude soon, but from the sounds of the various rumors floating here, I guess it is totally up in the air as to what it will be like. I totally agree it should be RWD, and I hope it is a little smaller than the accord platform, more like civic-size, but seriously sporty, as opposed to the EX/SI, which are semi-sporty. I am talking at least another 60 hp beyond the SI (has to be better than the last prelude), and a way better handling package. And hopefully better looks than the SI and the current accord coupe, which to me are both very bland! Oh, and one more thing, since I am dreaming here anyway: a six-speed.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• sizzla123sizzla123 Posts: 18
    Hi all. I'm about 6'3 with long legs. I currently drive a Passat, which is very comfortable. Is the RSX large enough for a "tall" driver to where it feels comfortable, or will it be too small. I plan on going down to the Acura dealer soon to check it out for myself, but was wondering if you guys had any input/info regarding this subject. Thanks.
    Wow! I'm no longer the only one who pines for a front DWB setup on the RSX!

I've only been getting clobbered in here for a year about it.

sphinx99: ATTS works great, but was a marketing bust. Based upon the fact that the '03 CL-S has a LSD instead tells me that Honda found a better (and far less complicated) way to do things.
  • only1harryonly1harry Posts: 1,136
    that with an LSD the RSX-S will be a very good handler. If I ever buy one I 'll definitely install an LSD (like the RSX-R's or Quaife) in the tranny. I 'll most likely buy the RSX Type-R though if it ever makes here. It's supposed to be almost 200lbs lighter!
  • ratass_2002ratass_2002 Posts: 17
    sizzla123:

I am 6"2 and when I sat in the car it's very confortable or I was just too excited to notice the confort.

Anyhow since this more for a 2 ppl car, it's enough for 6"3 and 4" more:) I wonder if the back sit can be folded, since they are mostly useless for long rides. Unless you know small ppl:P I think you can kill ppl at the back with long rides.

This car looks very small standing 5 meters from it, but if you actually stand beside it it's "huge". Get in and you'll be impressed.
    Because the city decided to powerwash its parking garages, all the permit parkers had to move their cars up to top levels while they blew winter's salt and oil into oblivion. Somehow, all the Integras and RSXs decided to park next to each other. It's too bad I don't have a photo... GS-R, LS, and RSX-S all next to each other. Of course, they bookended my car on purpose. Pretty amusing.

I am driving my brother and cousin home later today (after crashing at my place all weekend). They find rear seat of 2+2 Integra fine. Can anyone here compare RSX and Integra rear seat room from observation?
    There's far less rear-seat headroom in the RSX than the Integra (by almost 4 inches). More legroom, though.
  • mikemajestymikemajesty Posts: 99
    call the rear seat room in the rsx completely negligible, unless your throwin a couple of 5 year olds back there, or the local circous dwarfs. One thing i loved about the rsx when i test drove it was the steering wheel, great size and feel. I think its the best wheel this side of 50,000.
  • wishnhigh1wishnhigh1 Posts: 363
    I actually fit quite well in the back of my friends RSX-S, with enough headroom and legroom, and I am 6'1". The seats are also very comfortable.
  • mikemajestymikemajesty Posts: 99
    also 6'1, 180 lbs. maybe you have an abnormally long torso or were by yourself back their, laying across both seats. you are dillusional if you call that headroom.
  • ranaldranald Posts: 147
    I'd have to agree with (was is?) himiler. The Integra has more headroom but the RSX has more legroom.

I'm 5'11" and I was surprised to find the legroom in the RSX to be totally adequate, in fact better than some small sedans. The headroom is another story, though.