Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RSX (All years/types)

Comments

• joe249joe249 Posts: 95
    What's the difference 20 HP?
  • revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    The blue delete button gives you the opportunity to delete your message should you choose to do so. Also, after you post a message, you'll see an edit button for 30 minutes. This gives you the opportunity to edit your message within 30 minutes of posting it. For more information about our community tool, click on the Town Hall Help link on the left side of the page. Good luck.

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards
  • d5tanleyd5tanley Posts: 16
    i actually managed to fit 4 people in the back seat of my rsx the other day. none of them were comfortable of course.
  • only1harryonly1harry Posts: 1,136
    Yes, the difference between base RSX and g3 Integra LS/GS is 20hp and 17 more ft-lbs of torque which is a lot considering the base RSX 5-sp. is only 60lbs heavier than a GS.
    Also one has a 2.0L engine and the other 1.8L.

I wonder if there have been any road tests of the base RSX. I would imagine it should be in the mid 7's 0-60 and at least upper 15's in the 1/4 if not mid 15's. So it should be a little faster than a GS, but who knows...
  • ddavies3ddavies3 Posts: 2
    Husband age 62 ,salesperson had him floor it in second gear until 8000rpm's we took off like a bat out of hades.I think this car if purchased is too fast for him.
    However ,he still has a silly grin on his face.Do you think he should buy it. It appears not wanting to be driven slowly. Also the base RSX (tried both) seemed safer.
    Thanks ,
    Diane
  • stuartboniastuartbonia Posts: 56
    Let the guy have some fun. He will have that grin as long as he owns the car.

Something that puts a grin on his face
    is Priceless

Life is too short. Get the RSX-S and enjoy.
  • waydewayde Posts: 198
    Anyone heard of anything 'firm' on the '03's? Dates? Changes? Colors?
    I know that Honda is infamous for the lack of info put out about for new models... but curious nonetheless.
  • acbeacbe Posts: 16
    Diane, I say definitely let him buy the RSX Type-S!! It has a much stiffer suspension than the base RSX which also makes it seem much more stable on the road. I just can't say enough good things about my type-S!! It's a real challenge to drive the speed limit though, especially since you really can't feel the speed in it. I feel like I'm crawling and when I look at the speedometer and see that it says 80+mph, it just seems impossible (no speeding tickets for me yet though ;-) ...knock on wood). But I really do recommend the Type-S over the base RSX, just because I think it handles so much better!!! Hope that helps! :-)
  • sivarsivar Posts: 3
    I am considering buying the base RSX coupe with manual transmission. When I test drove the car I really liked it. I also sometimes take long highway trips and was wondering what the engine RPM would be at about 75 MPH (my usual cruising speed).

Thanks,
    Siva.
  • acrsxacrsx Posts: 3
    Its going to be around 2800RPM - I notice 3000RPM around 80MPH. Or was that 85MPH? *grin*
  • vtecxtcvtecxtc Posts: 1
    my first post =D

anyways, im interested in buying a RSX TypeS but i'm gonna need my dad's help financially. this means i'm gonna have to purchase the car down in LA and i go to school in davis (sacramento area). now, i'm only gonna be home for like a week before i have to come back up for summer sessions (argh!!). is one week (maybe even less) enough time to "break-in" a car?

i read somewhere that you should take it easy the first 1500-2000 miles. LA to Sacramento is 400 miles!! =O sigh....what should i do?

has anyone here dealt with Acura 101 West in Calabasas? if so, please tell me your experience there. thanks!

-dustin
  • only1harryonly1harry Posts: 1,136
    Some people have been asking when the '03 RSXs are coming out. Well it's very rare that Honda/Acura starts new model production early, once they 're past the 1st year.. Usually Acura (& Honda) does not release new models till early October. They may make an exception with the RSX being that it was released almost a year ago and 4mos earlier than normal. Don't know but it doesn't seem promising. Most likely they 'll get back into the regular cycle which is last week of September - 1st week of October.
  • himilerhimiler Posts: 1,209
    Anyone giving odds as to whether or not Acura will put in a center armrest?
    It definitely needs one because you got to put it on cruise alot or you'll get a ticket.
    However, I found myself shifting so much and going on curving roads thatI never missed the armrest.It does need one to store things maybe,next year.
  • ranaldranald Posts: 147
    Here's a question for people who own an RSX with the leather interior:

How durable is the leather, how well is it holding up to use?
  • ratass_2002ratass_2002 Posts: 17
    Will there be any changes to the 2003 model?

Dealer told me there are no new model for RSX until the Type-R come out. After that we might see new base model I guess. That is 2003 or 2004.

So is it easier to negociate(for a good price) a 2002 model since 2003 models are coming in?

How much did you guys haggle off the original price? Or how much did you save when you attempted to bargain with the saleman? Is asking 1000Can less reasonable? Should I ask for 2000Can:P
    ---
    Head room in the back seat are terrible. I am 6'2"
    and my head goes to the back window. If you are tall but you can take off your head then it should be a confortable ride;) The much inclided window at the back takes all the head room. This is just not a car for 4 regular sized persons(unless for short ppl).
  • sgrd0qsgrd0q Posts: 398
    ranald - it is way too early to tell.
  • ddavies3ddavies3 Posts: 2
    On my Integra because of the kidney shape every 2 years I had to relace the driver's side insert as it tore either from my jeans or leather belt.The Type S or the base to me is going to be a problem,it isn't soft and it 's tight.
    Also,I bet your'e going to have to wait on the paint quality and see on that too.Honda/Acura paint to me is not up to par.
    But, I can live with the above as the car makes you an extension of the road and makes the adrenalin flow.
    Joe 249
  • wendi66wendi66 Posts: 2
    Must pick color ASAP!!!!!
    Live overseas - must order off pictures alone! Is the RSX @ Edmunds.com SATIN or DESERT Silver?
    If it's DESERT Silver, I'm sold! If it's SATIN Silver, then I don't know what to do...the dealer only has Desert Silver or Black available.
    If I must choose a SECOND-choice color, ie Desert Silver or Black, WHAT SHOULD I DO???
    (Appreciate any advice - I'm a 1st time new car buyer!!)Thank you in advance.
    Ratsass, I got my Type S in NH no dealers in Maine.Edmunds to me prices cars a little too low.(mais oui)IMO$22900.00 for a Type S.I paid $23,170.00 no destination fee of $500.00 + $487.00 for rear spoiler.They wanted another $496.00 for fog lights, but I said no way. I think I can get them cheaper .Where I don't know.
    Also, a $99.00 Doc fee.Total of $23,756.00 but, ive got to pay 5% sales tax on MSRP $24.00 Excise tax on each thousand of MSRP@options.
    Someone might say I could of done better but non je ne regrette rein