Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• pyro2pyro2 Posts: 4
    I got the quote for $500 over in the state of MN
  • infifxinfifx Posts: 10
    I also got a quote for 2004FX 35 AWD with touring for around $635 under invoice in NJ. The dealer won't commit to 2005 pricing yet. Which state did you get the quote in.
  • miamia Posts: 12
    Got a price of $1k under invoice on an '04 w/ AWD, Touring/Tech/Sat Radio/Alum. Crossbars/Splash/Cargo
  • Why don't you guys get on the correct thread. The pricing thread is not here.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,963

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ccapccap Posts: 40
    OK!! Here is what I did. I purchased an FX45! I love it. Yes it is a harder ride than my old 540, but this thing is a BLAST to drive. The dealer gave me a car for a couple of days to make sure. The handling, and power on this thing is great and beacasue of the ride, you feel better connected to the road.

At first I thought I would not be able to handle it, but I love every inch of it!!

And being 6'4" tall, I actually fit better in this car than my 540 and an X5 which I was also thing of getting. GLad I didn't. Having WAY TOO MUCH FUN in my FX45.

Hey, does anyone know of other forums that are all about the FX45? Looking to join. Thanks! :)
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    Prepare to see this disappear! :(
  • ccapccap Posts: 40
    Tell me why you say that???
  • stanny1stanny1 Posts: 962
    What Rough Ride? Hey. it's a Sports Car with a Backpack, not a [non-permissible content removed] SUV like a Lexus RX3--. FXes separate the Men from the Girls. Or as Arnold says..."the girlie men".
    When people ask me to compare a XXX SUV with the FX, I say "too fast, too hard, too small". You need a Tahoe or Lexus, the Camry (appliance) of SUVs. (OK, maybe the Avalon of SUVs).
    The FX is for men who still have testosterone (and women who have some also.)
    Because his post did! (Disappear that is).
  • krokro Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of an FX car club in the Virginia or mid Atlantic area? Thanks
    Just a quick pointer for those not familiar with the board rules. Edmunds will delete any post that mentions any other forum by name.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,963
    Rules of the Road

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I haven't read this entire forum, but I've heard that 14mpg is the standard in city mileage... is it reall THAT bad?? I am enthralled by the FX, but man, that's BAD. It's not the $$, it's just the wastefulness of it.
  • Depends what model your referring too. I am getting pretty much what it is rated at for a FX35 - 16 city, 22plus highway.
  • So 2005 Pathfinder 4.0 liter V6 is being rolled out. Can this engine fit into the FX engine bay? Will Infinity offer a 4.0 V6? I imagine that they can get 300 HP from it without problems. The current 3.5 V6 puts out 280 HP.

Any thoughts?

2FastDre.
  • quattroquattro Posts: 51
    I hear you and that's one of the reasons I'm planning to get a FX35 rather than a FX45. The FX35 does 16/22 and that's not too bad for a 4WD SUV with such a powerful engine. My 4WD Audi A4 only gives marginally better mileage and that's a much smaller car with only 80 less hp.
  • Has anyone upgraded their FX45 with a performance CHIP to increase HP and Torque ? Or has anyone come out with a Supercharger ? Thanks
    Try http://www.stillen.com. They do a lot of Infiniti performance parts.
  • stanny1stanny1 Posts: 962
    I have a 45 and there are lots of parts for the 35 (due to the ubiquitous V-6) but few for the 45.
    This may change with the new M45 but all the aftermarket manufacturers consider the FX45 customer base to be too small and not oriented toward DIY/Performance Mods. In short, the FX45 owner base has different demo/psychographics than the FX35 owner. For instance, the FX45 is more likely to be leased, owners are more well-heeled and older - which are not good stats for modding.