Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

1104105106107108110»

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    Well it only took 9 years, but the FX is finally getting a power liftgate standard for the 2011 model year. Man, it would have been nice to have this on my 05 so I didn't have to break my back to pull down that big heavy door every time.

Too bad, Infiniti didn't do the smart thing and put it standard on the EX35! When you paying these prices for luxury cross-overs, you should be getting these things standard. I mean even Chevrolet offers it on their SUVs and crossovers!
  • I received a letter from Infiniti that the speedometer and odometer on the 2007 FX 35 is being overstated by 3.58%. I just turned in my lease and paid some over-mileage charges. Be mindful of this. I saw that this issue had be reported by someone on this site as early as 2008. Not sure what other years may be impacted.
  • I took in my 08 FX35 Sport in for brakes - they informed me when I picked it up, that there was a recall for my vehicle, and that they had reprogramed my speedo because it was off by 3 and change percent (I forgot the exact number). I drove home, and the speedo matched by Garmin GPS within 1 mph - It used to be off by around 6 mph at 65 (gps 65 was speedo 71, pre-reprogram).

So, Infiniti finally fixes the problem! Now, lets see what happens when I turn in the car next year at the end of my lease, since by their own calculation, my speedo has significant mileage on it the car never actually traveled.

To all of those with the speedo issue, call your dealer..

Oh, and for those who had not heard, Greenwich Infiniti closed up shop last week (again) - I took my FX into Devan Infiniti in Southport, which I should have done all along.

G
  • I have a 2006 Infiniti FX35. Does anyone know how to set the time as a display on the rear camera screen? Not the time on the little clock that is in between the shifter and the radio.
  • nobadmojonobadmojo Posts: 2
    Anyone done this to improve the ride? What is the cost and where do I go? Ready to ditch my FX unless I can improve the ride...
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Posts: 890
    nobadmojo, I put on 18" wheels and tires during the winter. They do help but the FX has never been known as a smooth riding SUV. Lots of other vehicles out there use 19 or 20 inchers these days and they ride better - may not handle as well but they take bumps better.
  • I am having the same issue with my new-to-me 2006 Infiniti FX35. If you have learned how to set/find the clock on the rear camera screen, I would really love to know!! Thanks!
  • wolfie1wolfie1 Posts: 14
    I have just turned in my 08 FX35, and working through the complications of the overcharge related to the speedo and odo reading to fast.

I'm being told now that my dealer adjusted the miles on my car when they did the reprogram, so the mileage turned in, is what they are charging me for.

I did a quick calculation, and they adjusted mileage back by 3.4% - I was expecting a lot more, since the speedo always read around 9% fast (71 mph was 65 on my gps)

Any one else have lease end experience with the speedo issue?

Infiniti finance, and my dealer, both being very helpful, but, I'm not happy with the outcome as of now.
  • According to my dealer, my 2004 FX35 has a broken muffler and midpipe, estimate is $1,260. My neighbor has used Rockauto.com for parts, I found the parts for my car for a little over $300. Muffler vendor is Bosal, does anybody know anything about them? I asked a friends mechanic for an estimate and he quoted about $900 for the job. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Joe
  • gari2gari2 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I'm scouting some FX 35, 04/05 in houston and it's either this or Lexus Rx 330. Plan to buy cash.
    Checked the cost to own and repair and they are much similar though what seems to be recurring is the cold air blowing in some models that i read here.
    Any advice on repair cost, maintance, etc i would appreciate.