Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• I would bet the the source of your rattles is underneath your hood. The black plastic from the battery cover area and/or the brake fluid area is slapping against the metal framing that it rests on. You'll need to put some adhesive foam between the plastic and the framing.

You would swear that it is coming from the dash. It's not. Trust me and check out what I have explained
  • WHOAAAAA that's an awesome deal!!!! which city did you get that from???

Thanks
  • Has anyone experimented with the gear-shift verses the automatic? Which one gives the better gas mileage?
  • dantedante Posts: 92
    I am sure that you consume more gas when you switch to manumatic... Why? Because you tend to stomp on the accelerator until you almost redline the engine and boy does the car lunge forwards. I switch to manumatic when I want to pass at high speeds and shift down to third gear. The car is a rocket when you do that. lots of fun but watch out for coppers...
  • cyruscyrus Posts: 25
    UpDATE:

Took the car in for the THIRD time to the Dealer for the LOUD rattling noise. To my Suprise the Manager seemed irritated that I was back for an item they have NOT Fixed. Afterwards, He was very offensive in his language and behaviour as I think he was also frustraed that he COULD NOT come up with a fix (see quotations below). This was totally unexpected (and UNAcceptable) for me despite my own frustration. I understand, a "squeek" here and there is perhaps normal. BUT NOT a loud rattle from the center of dash (or from under the hood). This time They insulated the black plastics from the battery cover area and/or the brake fluid area (which might be slapping against the metal framing that it rests on). NO Luck so far. In all fairness to Infiniti, this might be an isolated problem in just a few FXs, at least in mine and the other e-mail (the one with only 300 miles on odometer), which was listed recently (above). Nonetheless, I am very disturbed by the unprofessional behaviour and response of the Young infiniti service manager at my dealership -- " just live with it" or "Take it to another dealership" or "you are Fired as a coustomer"; What kind of a non-sense is this- perhaps more testosterone driven on his part than anything else (i am a guy myself so no pun or offense intended). I must admit, I am extremly disappointed more so than anything else.

I list my ordeal so that if anyone has had a similar experience will reply to my e-mail. I also would like Infiniti to Fix this problem. They should fix it or give me a new car. Otherwise I will not ever buy another Infiniti and would not recommend one. I still love the FX depsite it minor shortcomings. Thanks.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,946
    It might help to contact Infiniti and tell them about your experience. Wouldn't hurt to cc the owner of the dealership either.

Steve, Host
    I would definitely contact Infiniti and provide details of the poor customer service you have received. After I bought my Infiniti I was contacted by Infiniti (via survey) to find out how my purchase experience and recent servicing went with their dealership. Since I have an awesome dealer in Chicago I gave a very favorable report. However, the fact that Infiniti contacts its customers about their dealers shows that they are interested in maintaining a positive overall experience and may intervene on your behalf, e.g., fix your problem...

Jon B.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,946
    If you write, remind them that CEO Carlos Ghosn just said the challenge is "making sure the customer experience is one that is clearly ahead of the competition and one that the customer looks at as a delightful experience." Inside Line

Steve, Host
  • fx35awdfx35awd Posts: 218
    Cyrus, I am sorry you had such a horrible experience. The rattle problem in my car has not go away either, but I will bring my car in next Friday and hopefully I will have better luck with the service department. I know what you are saying, the noise is extremely annoying. I even encounter another noise some time last week on the driver door, the rattling noise was loud as if the window is vibrating against some metal part. It went away now, but who knows it might come back. This is my first time owning an Infiniti. I have own Acura and Lexus in the past and I have not encounter any rattling noise. Well, wish me luck, I will bring the car in next week, I will keep you posted.
  • cppcpp Posts: 36
    Since I have an awesome dealer in Chicago...

If you don't mind my asking, who's your dealer? I just moved to the Chicago area and went to Motor Werks for my 30K service. One visit isn't really enough to pass judgement, but they seemed pretty average - no huge complaints, but nothing that stood out as exceptional service either. Don't get me wrong, though - I'll be overjoyed to have average service from an Infiniti dealer, after my previous dealer in Virginia.

Thanks...
    Fletcher Jones on Clark.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    Well I just drove my FX from Houston to LA with a firend of mine. It will be living in LA for the next couple of months. The car performed flawlessly we averaged over 73 mph for the entire trip. We were probably cruising in the 80-90 mph range the majority of the time.

We each did 4-6 hour trips behind the wheel while the other one slept. We arrived in San Diego (a interim stop) in about 21 hours including a 1.5 hour nap at a rest stop.

Had to say it was one of the easiest road trips I ever made. No back pain little fatiguge and a great ride. My only wish is that we had XM or Sirrus installed for the trip. We got about 21.5 mpg for the trip using a mixture of mid and regular. I am so impressed with this car as at 30k+ miles it has been the best car I have owned.
    Hi Clpurnell, so it is okay to use regular (87) and mid (89) grade gasoline and it would not void the guarantee or damage the car engine? I read in the manual regarding type of fuel to use and from what I got out of it is I can pretty much use any grade of gasoline just as long as it is unleaded. Is this true? Please clarify for. Thank you.
  • GischpelGischpel Posts: 133
    yes, you can use any grade as long as it is unleaded. I run 87, 89 and 93 octane depending on price and plans for driving (lots of local vs. highway). I have had no issues with any grade, but definitely notice the power difference with 93. I thought I read somewhere that premium produces something like 30 or 40 more HP than regular. That seems hard to believe. I wish I could recall the source...
    you can use any gas. A while back a few of us FX owners got together and did some 0-60 runs. We found that with 87 vs 93 there was a .3-.5 difference 0-60. So you give up some power but nowhere near 30-40 hp I would say 5-15 max. i ran premium for a long time and switched to reg and mid grade and have had 0 problems and the car still flies.
    Thanks Gischpel and Clpurnell for your responses. That is a sign of relieve since the gasoline price is on the rise again, especially in California. My mistake is I bought two SUVs. The other one is a Honda Pilot EX-L that gets only 17-19 mpg.

Thanks again.
  • aphyltonaphylton Posts: 1
    When are they going to redesign this truck? I am in the market for one, but do not want to purchase one if it will be redesigned in the next year.
    I bought, and love, an FX 35 AWD (2004) with everything including the sport package which means I have the 20 inch wheels. When I test drove the car I was on good roads and the ride felt fine as I like a firm ride. However, my wife, who did not test drive the car and has now fallen for my FX, has noted that the ride is too harsh on our bad roads. I don't want to give up the 20 inch wheels as I love the grip and look. But can the suspension be modified safely? Or can a different tire, maybe one with a higher profile, be put on the car so as to soften the ride? Anyone try any of these options? Thanks, Jon B.
    I also have a Pilot EX-L RES in addition to my FX. The Pilot lives in Texas. While I have my FX with me while I'm here in Sunny California. The 2.17 for regualr is a lot higher than the 1.70 I pay at home.
    I find the ride better with my cooper tires but if I were you I would pick up a set of 18's if your roads are that bad. i live in a warm climate so the streets are ok. If I still lived up north no matter how I like the 20's I would have gone for the 18's but in 2003 if you wanted tech you didn't have a choice.